The Parable of Dying Creatures

The Parable of Dying Creatures

A Story by Randolf Ramos

The untimely death of my grandmother is a grief producing tragedy of our family. Every news that regards death in its formidable form, there is no exception. Even in the hierarchy of caste system of human race, death put its name in vain. It vows to no one, from high profile to the poorest among the poor, death strikes its hellish glare without warning, a devastating inference among those who were left behind by its trail.

Death knows no boundaries, offer no clues on whether when to strike and what way would it strike. It is a great representation of eternal sadism. Human race has no way of renouncing its role in embracing fully the grim wrath of death in its unlikely time. Is God sadistic enough to use death as a parable role played by all creatures who took flesh, incomprehensible by human's feckless mind in its highly advanced disposition. Is it God's way of enlightening us that with our education and achievement, still, we do not have ways of knowing the meaning of such sententious event that captivate inquiring minds.

My Grandmother is no exception. Her younger age left us with long lasting memories. We were taught about the equality of the human race, and that no one is above the rest. This egalitarian thinking is an eye opening way to give respect in every creature, great or small deserves to love and be loved, to care and be cared by. God is great to have this be told by my grandmother's death, saving me a lifetime to learn such lesson and qualities. My grandmother lived it by example. These radical characteristics encompasses what her quality entails.

Considering her life as a parable in which lessons were learned upon her death. Our life is a hidden treasure of meanings unfolding day by day. A plot in which all are involved unfolding into the dawn of life itself. The book of truth consumes much life in its making in the expense of death for guidance into mere perfection for the generation in existence. It entails all of the realm of reality in which we are our own author written way back millions upon millions of years ago and the deadline is eternal. What a great loss to a calloused heart to refrain from learning outstanding lessons from a person's life.

Every individual shares the greatest truth. My grandfather have given enough his share through living by example, he graciously bestowed to us his inherent characteristics (morally and mentally upright ). The value of giving without something in return. Through his eyes, this simple act of kindness brings him sublime exhilaration of an unuttered joy. He keep friends for good, Con jubilantly, they reminisce their gleeful journey in life and the nightmarish ordeal from the battle that almost cost their lives against the invaders who tried to trample the sacred shore of their land, our heirloom. Great value of truth and uprightness is triumphant in his conviction. His path is directed by religious principles towards achieving success with great patience on tolling out of sweat from his aspirations.

The reason that I stay long with my grandfather's company and continuously tries to stay longer is the fulfillment of joy that makes a lasting impact on my life. His remaining years of toiling age which he share in almost all of the time is bound not to be missed. I renounce death in his part for me to realize his great significance. Sapiential mind delivers its teaching that we realize the significance of a person or a thing upon its demise depicted in Michael Jackson's death were people around the world mourn to pay tribute to their fallen hero upon the end of his earthly sojourn, I cannot discredit their lament because MJ's life is of great significance in their lives, what a great parable.

Judging me of my views in life is eccentric, the same peculiar way I judge others view about life. How triumphant I am to realize that other people deemed you strange when the road you are taking is different among the rest and usual norms. As long as you feel happiness in your path, no strange thinking would ever stand your way considering that you are taking the right path, albeit bumpy it seems. In my grandfather's company I found happiness more than leaving this magnificent land to seek abode in the foreign land. I savor the time everyday and that I would like to stay longer in his company.

I value all of the people that is of great significance. My parents, my siblings, my relatives and those who became part of my life unmentioned, who told too much tale in their own parable. If only God would know that from their life, I have learned so much and that their life is far beyond significant. Could God renounce death upon my wish? How indifferent God is?How indifferent, even upon knowing the parable of their life within the course of their lifetime, God is adamant enough to insist his usual way.

Upon my death, be reminded that humans are frail. They could be stubborn at times, but could be amazing depending on the motivation. Their stubbornness is like a tip of an iceberg kept afloat by their inherent intellects, talents and capabilities which persevere to keep floating on the sea of possibilities and greatness. Their emotion is a driving force on whether to succeed or remain indifferent. Attack their emotion and you could bring them down, nurture their emotion and you could have molded a great person. When you treat a person unjustly, it will reverberate during his lifetime but he will find ways to let you know that you cannot change and control the course of his fate.

Death is a parable by God. The life that god that he himself made is a part of the story. Is it hard to comprehend that this existence is meant for more other than this earthly life? For God have existed in his time to let us learn from his parables. This dim phantasm of the time that was continue to reverberate to let us know that God still exist even in our time and continuously brings us millions of parable in a hard to accept way, DEATH. If upon learning lessons in the course of a person's lifetime does not reverse death. I stand corrected and completely mistaken to call death as a parable.

© 2010 Randolf Ramos


Author's Note

Randolf Ramos
Comments on the essay itself, the flaws are accepted.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

An interesting perspective on Death, our final destination. I would say that the topic is too broad to be contained in a single comment or review, but I do not think of it as a parable. A parable would only need a single example to be appreciated, or perhaps a certain segment of time. Death is continuous, and will continue to be until man earns immortality, which looking at the current state of the world, will most likely be never. Thought provoking piece of writing...

Posted 13 Years Ago


M.J was treated with no respect and given no kindness in the USA. I felt sad for if he knew how much he was loved. Maybe he would of chose a better way to leave this world. Some people life make us wiser and better. In their death we engrave their words and faces into our heart. I don't know what will be my next destine place after death. I'm waiting to figure that one out I hope in 20 years. A strong Blog. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is a well written story and one we all most tell ourselves. No ne enjoys death... but it does happen... I don't must like reading these kinds of stories, especially since I have to go to the doctors today for a heart monitor...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thanks for your comment, I appreciate it much.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Grief is something that is never gotten over, we adapt to it but it never heals as such, I can relate to this!
This is an interesting essay love, depending on your beliefs. To me God is more of a Pagan god dand Goddess, its energy of the earth. I believe we are all searching for answers of life and death and searching for the same light, be it whatever face of a deity we choose to use:)
This life, as we call it, is a test, so many questions to ask and answers always avoid being bought forward! lol
Really thought provoking piece
xx

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 3, 2010
Last Updated on August 3, 2010

Author

Randolf Ramos
Randolf Ramos

Philippines



About
more..

Writing
Empath Empath

A Poem by Randolf Ramos



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..