Query

Query

A Poem by K.N. Lorenzen

QUERY

 

For Ezra Pound and T.S. Eliot

Who remain dead and indifferent

 

Why must this care

Which is ours only

Why must it live

In such careless places?

 

Our caresses

Under the constant threat

Of growing distance?

 

Why is it only given

These ragged clothes?

These obsolete credentials?

 

Moving through the windswept shelters

Tenants

Under the perpetual suspicion

 

Of the loveless

Landlords


 

24/2/2014

 

© 2014 K.N. Lorenzen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

We were born in the images of bull s**t ....they are subliminal inkblots on physiological highs....they smoked crack and wrote notes .....they are fraudulent imposters.... charging us for survival and our time. Don't ask me and I won't tell you .....I just say what I say and squat where I feel need. I'm invested. Till next time.....

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You create awesome poetry. This poem is a perfect reminder of the suspicion and lack of love in the dwellings in which we are forced to live and survive...

Thank you for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a good description of reality and life and obstacles people go through to get to where they want to be, I like it, good meaning :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm not a poet and I am by no means able to plumb the depths of a real poem written by a real poet. Not your poem or those of Pound or Eliot. But you asked and it may be that even a Philistine can contribute something, even if only his foolishness as a bad example.

Poets write in the moment. They may write with ambition to be ageless, but the ages prove or disprove the worth of that ambition. If in a moment of mad genius, or inspiration, or luck, a timeless chord is struck the resonance of that chord will sound as echo off the souls of those who follow. We who are without the genius of poerty are the keepers of that chord. This isn't a duty that we may fail. We will fail but if we fail without trial, if we fail by apathy or we fail because we simply follow some contemporary fashion we are poor landlords, poor keepers of what went before in such grandeur and majesty. No I have do duty to reverence those echoes. but having heard, how can I not?

Cooper

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

K.N. Lorenzen

10 Years Ago

Thank you for the comment, Delmar :) Beautifully written!
Oh, really good! Yes, love it! Wonderful!

Posted 10 Years Ago


K.N. Lorenzen

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Kristina :)

K.
We were born in the images of bull s**t ....they are subliminal inkblots on physiological highs....they smoked crack and wrote notes .....they are fraudulent imposters.... charging us for survival and our time. Don't ask me and I won't tell you .....I just say what I say and squat where I feel need. I'm invested. Till next time.....

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your interest in the poet limbo is brilliant and placed well between the poles of gravitation as art..amazing piece

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

K.N. Lorenzen

10 Years Ago

Thanks a lot, mojo :) Means a great deal to me!
Where else could it really ...live? Neither Cares nor caring coincide with regularity or intent. When life is busy being lived the focus is sharp and narrow and the Cares as well... ya know?

Posted 10 Years Ago


Chris

10 Years Ago

Wasn't a read to like or dislike...Was a read that found thought within and behind the eyes... Poetr.. read more
K.N. Lorenzen

10 Years Ago

Sure thing. Have a nice weekend :)
Chris

10 Years Ago

I look forward to your next write... you take care.
All poets, nay all writers, are under the constant threat of holding a place in time which we cannot and do not have a right to own, though own we must. Whether or not it is for them or for us to hold that special place on pages, in hearts, or in minds, is up to the landlords, loved or unloved. Landlords keeping the tenants of art grounded, so to say.

Very nice piece. Well done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

K.N. Lorenzen

10 Years Ago

Thanks a- lot, for the kind, bright words, Elly :) They are deeply appreciated!

K.
Powerful work, very evocative of both poets. You've honoured them well with this one. There's a whisper of gentle destruction in this piece, of shifting perspectives. A call to examine the nature of the spirit, a suggestion towards reformation of the deadened nature of the human condition. Or that what's i got from it, anyway. Excellent work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


K.N. Lorenzen

10 Years Ago

Dear Landred. My warm and inspirational welcome to this site. Your recognition and approval mean a g.. read more
KAin

10 Years Ago

You're most welcome, friend.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

827 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 24, 2014
Last Updated on March 6, 2014

Author

K.N. Lorenzen
K.N. Lorenzen

Copenhagen, Denmark



About
frankness as never before, disillusions as never told in the old days, hysterias, trench confessions, laughter out of dead bellies. - Ezra Pound "Hugh Selwyn Mauberly" more..

Writing
Kisses Kisses

A Poem by K.N. Lorenzen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ashen Ashen

A Poem by Sami Khalil