Collide

Collide

A Story by kristollini
"

Dumb boys. Dumb girls. Dumb prom.

"

As soon as the final school bell rang, Carrie stormed out of her last period class, making a beeline straight for her car. She was sooooo emotional right now. So could not right now. Just could not.

Stupid school.

Stupid Patricia.

Stupid Bret.

Stupid, stupid Bret. Why is he so hot but so stupid??

Ugh.

Stupid prom.

Double ugh.

She wrenched her car door open, roughly tossed her backpack into the passenger seat, and after quickly snapping her seatbelt in place and adjusting her mirrors (because she’s not a dangerous driver, duh), was ready to go home to wallow in her hormone-charged emotions in the comfort of her own bed. She backed her car out quickly, and briefly entertained mowing down some safety cones to express her righteous anger, but didn’t because mature 16-year-olds don’t do that.

Bret was supposed to go prom with her. With her! Not her dumb sort-of-friend Patricia. Ugh. Patricia. Carrie had dropped subtle-yet-obvious hints to Patricia that she needed to back the heck off her crush so he could properly ask Carrie to go to pr0m? with him, but noooo the little sneak went and asked him first! And being the wonderful, nice, but sometimes completely unaware (but super adorable) ditz that he is, he said yes because “he hadn’t asked anyone else yet, so why not?”

UGH.

Whyyyyy. She felt sooo sad right now. She hadn’t even made it fully out the parking lot yet when she abruptly braked on her car to thunk!her head against the steering wheel.

Maybe he actually likes her. She is pretty, Carrie begrudgingly admitted. They are in all the same honor classes together (even though they’re both stupid UGH). Carrie sighed and, in her state of self-pity, managed to somehow drive home without crashing into anything.

Once she got home, she did just as planned and ran straight to her room to throw herself on her bed. As she flung her body across the bed, her arm collided with her nightstand, her phone tumbling out her hand, along with some muttered curse words. Now physically AND emotionally in pain, she simply rolled over and thought sad thoughts until she eventually fell asleep.

Later that evening, she felt better about the whole thing, realizing she didn’t actually like him that much and whatever, they can go to prom together, lol. Not even mad.

He’s not that cute, anyway.

© 2015 kristollini


Author's Note

kristollini
First one-word prompted story from a 30 Day Writing Challenge.

Please comment/review and let me know what you think! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on November 4, 2015
Last Updated on November 4, 2015
Tags: collide, teenage, teenager, prom, silly, prompt, short, story, challenge, cute, third person, pov, omg, lol, what, idk, 16, sixteen

Author

kristollini
kristollini

TX



About
I got back into writing recently after quite a long hiatus and wanted to find a community of writers with which to share my rekindled passion! I'll be posting some old and some new pieces of writing h.. more..

Writing
Alone Alone

A Story by kristollini


Coffee Coffee

A Poem by kristollini