Epic Adventure

Epic Adventure

A Story by Krystal L. Elliott
"

a diddly I wrote as improv to an orchestral soundtrack of epic proportions. kthxbai

"

     The river was bustling, with hell ridden clouds high above. White caps reaching up into the sky as if to worship this God of Chaos. Lightening cracked across the sky followed by a loud rumbling. Peace had to be somewhere amongst it all. Alas, a boat in the clearing, only spotted by the one ray of sunlight that remained as if the heavenly Father had placed his protective hand over the vessel.

      Aboard the ship was a young lad, hopping about in the sails. From rope to rope, making his way to the crow's nest, he could finally see it! His home! He was so close he would almost feel his mother's arms wrapping around him in the warm embrace that he remembered from so long ago. Racing towards the shore, the chaotic storm was starting to subside and the docks were just ahead, ready to be used by his Majesty, the returning Prince of Sunderlend.

       The docks were empty as he arrived, and the moment his feet touched the wooden planks, he was off like a wild stallion in a meadow field for the first time. Running through the small town that borders the main castle, he made his way up the small hill to the main gate. He stopped, stared up, and just grinned. Never thinking he would make it this far by himself, yet here was. Sweating and catching his breath...

       As he made his was into the main hall, he was greeted. The soilders and the other nobles, kindly welcoming him home with warm hearts but with the look of sympathy. Why? What had caused them to look at him in such a way? Surely it couldn't be his clothes that he had borrowed from the Captain of the "Surper", he would simple go up to his chambers and change, he'll look right again. He turned  the corner and into the throne room, where instead of finding his mother with her warm smile, he found an empty seat. Everyone around him wearing black. What happened here? What happened to his mother?

 

© 2013 Krystal L. Elliott


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on October 26, 2013
Last Updated on October 26, 2013

Author

Krystal L. Elliott
Krystal L. Elliott

No where, PA



About
I merely write for the fun of it, please respect that. more..

Writing