The Two Mazes

The Two Mazes

A Poem by Kshitij Gupta
"

Fifth poem. This world, its a selfish one.

"
It is nothing but a maze,
A maze he fails to navigate.
A place others often can't locate,
Overlooking its gate unopened untouched.
They do not notice the agonies that lay hidden within,
It's a maze they fail to locate,
Overlooking the gate unopened untouched.

Changing conditions leave the path scarred and rough,
Making it hard to navigate even for someone so tough,
For the dark clouds have now dawned,
Bright and sunny days long gone.

Echoing with an aura of eeriness,
Murky thoughts glide past its walls wounded and engulfed in mystery,
Shadowing images dark and decorated with gloom,
Craving cheeriness now subject to history.

His mind is nothing but a maze,
A maze he fails to navigate.
                          
  * * * * * * * * * *

It is nothing but a maze he wanders aimlessly through,
A maze so confusing never did he imagine it could be true.

Lost in this maze,
All alone in a faze,
He knows not where to go,
Where to turn when to return,
Wishing silently for the end of this maze of life.

The twists and turns have been taking a huge toll,
Reducing his gait to a mere crawl.
He is fine but disturbed,
Calm but perturbed,
Beaming on the outside screaming in the inside,
Struggling to walk drowned in shock,
He tries to find his way through this seemingly endless maze of life.

* * * * * * * * * *

These are the  mazes he fails to navigate,
These are the mazes he craves to navigate,
Through these words he hopes to call upon a peer,
For together they shall navigate without any fear.

© 2015 Kshitij Gupta


Author's Note

Kshitij Gupta
As the title says, this poem is about the two mazes of my life. Two complicated things. The first half refers to my mind as my its a maze even I fail to navigate. People fail to understand me and my thoughts; they very often fail to locate the gate. Even when the facts are laid bare in front of them they choose to ignore them and continue on with their life as though they haven't been noticing anything unusual; they overlook the gate. Its a selfish world indeed. Recent experiences have complicated the way I think. Turned me into someone I never thought I'd be. Day by day, optimistic thoughts are being replaced by pessimistic thoughts creating dark images in my mind, and leaving behind those care-free bright sunny days, which I had once taken for granted. The dark clouds have emerged out of nowhere, making it harder to navigate and there seems no way out of it.
The second half of the poem describes the maze of life. Passage of time has, yet again complicated this maze. The twists and turns-ups and downs, mostly downs, have sucked out most of the self confidence and belief I once had. Suddenly even the simplest of the things seem to pose as obstacles.
Knowing that this maze of life and mind is an endless one, I hope to find a true friend who's ready to face the challenges together-someone who's actually there for you when you're in need. Someone who is not there for the sake of it just because you've been helping them a lot but someone who realizes the true meaning of friendship. Someone real maybe...
Please do drop in your honest opinions;I apologize for not reviewing your pieces as I've been pretty busy with school lately, will get back to it as soon as possible.
Thanks

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think now that you have split the two sections, you can attack them one at a time. Locate a sound starting point where you were at ease with yourself and work forward from there. Try to locate any incongruities in your behavior because of something you are not picking up that your environment is doing or that you are doing that your environment is not comfortable with.This will be the gate to the maze and it will only develop exponentially from there. The same method of discernment will also work on your second maze. Once you find the gates of the mazes, tracking down the the far gate should be fairly easy.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kshitij Gupta

8 Years Ago

Thanks for putting in the effort to review this piece! Yes, in my opinion the poem would've been bet.. read more



Reviews

We travel a similar path with similar thoughts except for the handling of those thoughts. Read "Playthings" which I wrote a while back. Different but similar. Great write as you search for control.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Willard Wells

8 Years Ago

http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/wwells13/1533378/
There you go and hope you enjoy.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

656 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 21, 2015
Last Updated on September 23, 2015

Author

Kshitij Gupta
Kshitij Gupta

Doha, Doha, Qatar



About
Writing is a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. more..

Writing