Letter of Inquiry

Letter of Inquiry

A Story by Kyle
"

This is a letter from me (and overly irritated teen) which is addressed to an overly incompetent person on this site. I am not naming names, but merely sharing my response with you

"

Letter of Inquiry

 

            This is a recently sent letter written by me (and overly irritated teen) which is addressed to what i thought as an overly incompetent person on this site. I am not naming names, but merely sharing my response with you.

 

             It seems that as the years pass on the ignorance which continues to sweep through my fellow young adults is accumulating like some epidemic! it is deemed as a childish view of the world which we as people believe disappears in the midst of our adulthood since we come to learn and see more. Yet just obtaining factual knowledge does not mean that we are no longer ignorant, no, our ignorance merely moves into another section of our minds as we drag it along through the various stages of life, so-as to hide our thoughts and feelings and attack our unidentified senses...This, continues throughout our lives. Yet while ignorance, will always be a fatal flaw in our human freedom and composition, a cross we must bear, some of us render it as bliss, such as (as far as i know) the person addressed in this letter. (Now remember this letter is written in my own opinion and in all honesty I confess that I have never met the person whom this letter is addressed to, in  actuality this is the second message I have ever sent to her, thus I do not physically know her. though while this is certain and i know it is not my right to judge, i must at least, for my sake alone, pry and inquire into this message she has sent to me and determine its source or cause. i must do this, for as of now the few brief words which she has left to rot whithin my inbox only add more mystery to the person behind this disguise unknown to me. Of innocence mixed with an overwhelming sense of danger. She may be a perfectly fine person; I am not judging her, nor do i want to, and as details of her life wash away this shady fog which blinds me, the obsurity that she hides behind will be forced clear as well. yet still the insecurity i felt while responding to that ever-loathing message still plagues me, that mess of words mouthing her flourishing ignorance, justifying her abruptness into a somewhat inappropriate subject, regarding someone she barely knows! 

            Now to the beginning, I recently agreed 2 allow a member of this site onto my friends list, and of course one of the first messages she sent me began along the lines of "I think you’re cute," now, for someone to say that who doesn’t know the first thing about me, puts my mind in a pretty awkward position (in my opinion) of course, reading this now, it sounds quite childish, yet in the moment this innocent remark seemed somewhat insulting to my intelligence, after all, whatever happened to the average hello??! Looking back on it now, it seems as if I momentarily fell out of insanity, which allowed itself to take hold due to the stress of modern day life. as if her twisted sense of self endulgance was trying to toy with my emotions as if i was some peice of machinery forced to join in her little game. but alas for her in the end i believe that the trumpet will sound in my favor and waver in hers. Because I took this message as an insult, my image of her revealed itself in the form an incompetent person that had no sense of politeness, or of the fact that this site is for the most part, about the writing, not socializing.....talking so freely this way to a stranger can not only become quite a dangerous act, but it is a somewhat inept thing 2 do, so i also found myself judging her intelectuality! (you will find that most of these ideas are present within the letter) Of course this insult could just end up being me my own fault (my own ignorance, pouncing back upon me) i alone regressing back to my primitive stage, using my past relationships to fuel my anger (figuratively speaking; my last relationship with my last girlfriend)...who attached to me like a bloodsucking leech by playing on my raging hormones. her pick-up line, via txt message, it was something along the lines of ("if u dump ur gf i would do u in a sec!!! lol") i kick myself when thinking back upon the memory..... That for me, was my lowest point.....

           but now back to the main idea of this story, the letter, shown below............   

 
 
Dear --------
          
         Look, I am here for the sake of writing and writing only. I will not par-take in any emotionally fueled discussions unless they are about literature.  I am sorry but if u still want to be in my friends list please do not send me messages filled with any immature behavior (especially when they revolve around me talking to a person from Florida whom I have never met, I personally live in NY, and I am in no position to uphold a computer based relationship) but I am sure there are plenty of great guys where you live, so please stick to what this site was intended for! In truth I am quite awkward and unbelievably skinny (if u did manage to read my bio you would know that about me) so next time please do not make exaggerated assumptions based on someone’s profile picture. Value me for my writing not what physical appearance I hold)....besides, what if it turned out that i was some deranged phychopath in his forties, living in his mothers basement?...then what would you be getting yourself into?...and the same idea when it comes to my interpretation of you......................

 

            Now that I have made my point (I hope) we can move to another subject, so, enough about me, what about you? How does it feel to be inquired in such a manner? Is it aggrivating? Do you find yourself under a decent amout of stress or pressure? huh?....well if you cant answer me that, answer me this, why do u feel so obligated to amplify your sense of self into what to others might foresee as arrogance? As in your personal quote, found on your profile which uses the words B***H, and HOTTT (the two extra "T"s written on purpose) both referring to you (not exactly the most descriptive literary terms, yet they fit you just fine!) Even your writing seems to revolve around you (which is in fact only one measly "screenplay" which in this case seems more like a poem than a screenplay for it consists of 4 lines one word per line in large print, which you have colored to match the rainbow) so.... with all of this evidence pointed at you how do you feel?....violated? Tell me...in all honesty! Why are you on writerscafé? (please say that it is for writing and not entirely socializing) so that I can change my view of you, away from a scared girl who uses and abuses people to build up their sick sense of self!  because in reality this sight is not a Facebook nor is it a Myspace (and from where I stand this sight is being abused already, through chat room links, incompetent minds, and people who are not at all interested in writing. so if that is not the truth I implore you to search for some other hormone crazed teens on some other sight (just do not focus on me) and so your sure to stop interfering with my emotional life: I do have a girlfriend, I am sorry to be so harsh, but I can be a good friend if you just don’t go that far.

            Now, to answer your question, I am a 14 year old who lives on long island, wants to split-major in fine art and creative writing and minor in cinema history. I have brown eyes, blonde/brown hair (partly green since I colored it) and I have many friends from my school on this site. (This is all valid information mind you) and I'm sure I have many problems of my own but this letter isn't referring to that, its referring to you, not me, and i would like you to use the format of this letter in your own life, so for your own good, refer to your own problems and leave me alone! 

            If there is anything else you want to know that is not borderline inappropriate please ask and once again, sorry for being so harsh, but as I have been told, the internet is a dangerous place to roam and people are not always who they say they are and what they mean to be, so I am just being cautious.

 

Thanks,

 

Kyle    

© 2008 Kyle


Author's Note

Kyle
this is a letter from me (and overly irritated teen) which is addressed to an overly incompetant person on this site. i am not naming names, but merely sharing my response with you, over how ignorance has swept through my fellow young adults of this country like some epeidemic! (now remember this letter is in my own opinion and being truthful i have never met the person so i do not really know her, she may be a perfectly fine person) i am not jusdging her, just her abruptness into a somewhat inapropriate subject regarding someone she barely knows! now to the begining, i recently agreed 2 allowing a member of this site onto my friends list, and of course one of the first message she sent me began along the lines of "i think your cute," which, for someone who doesnt know the first thing about me to say is pretty awkward in my opinion. i took this message as showing that this person had no sense of the average hello, or of the fact that this site is for the most part about the writing, not socializing.....(you will find that most of these ideas are present in this letter).

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

damn nice :D you totally dissed her that must have shaken her perspective on things can I see what she wrote u?

Posted 15 Years Ago


You told her!!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

343 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 5, 2008
Last Updated on November 18, 2008

Author

Kyle
Kyle

somewhere south of "over the rainbow", and east of "no-man's land".............wait... or was it somewhere north of "no-mans land" and east of "over the rainbow".....crap!.......i think im lost!!???



About
"i may not have something to say yet, but i most surely have something to write!!!!" -me, age 12 hi im kyle! i turned 14 on august 8th 8-8-08 lol!!!!!!!, i love writing, and the way it can fre.. more..

Writing
Body Language Body Language

A Poem by Kyle