OKAY, CORRAL ME

OKAY, CORRAL ME

A Poem by kublakhan27
"

08 16 14

"
Pockets of apocryphal enormity
I grudgingly inherited through word of mouth
I can barely see let alone walk
in the shadow of the mainstream's
efficacious coattails
Sing a song of six-guns in my honour
when I choke on the tuberculosis
of ambition taken out of context
and embalm me with the dog-eared
ghost of a scripture in training
Effigies stuffed with the satisfaction
of my just desserts like a turkey
will be occupied by yours truly
for you see I was born disembodied
Penance is the purpose I've been saving up
my pounds of purgatory for
All your masochistic anti-wakes
I will nullify with my delight in your insane
cathartic festivals of spite
When existence is a paid-in-fate sabbatical
the job of sweeping up a castigated legacy
is all the heaven I require or deserve

© 2014 kublakhan27


Author's Note

kublakhan27


Avatar: Anxiety by Edvard Munch

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hmmmm.....someone reprimanded you and now you are venting? You really have opened an eloquent can of whoopass on someone here. Your choice of vocabulary is stellar! To ignore you, well, those six guns should be pointed in the opposite direction. I think you hit the bulls eye here....and I hope it was a bit of a catharsis for you. Lydi**

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

Seems like I'm always venting now doesn't it my friend? But that's just how it is...I'm simply not .. read more



Reviews

Love the title , your words always a delight original and clever.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

Thank so much Moon, nice to see you again :)
Well quite a rant my dear Steve.Only you could possibly put someone in their place with such wonderful lines lol.No one has the right to judge another person or belittle them or make them feel as if they have no worth just because their tiny brains can't understand your words and logic.Excellent one my friend :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vidya Bacchus

9 Years Ago

You mister has made my evening by your kind words and I have to thank you for making this angel smil.. read more
kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

Always a pleasure Vidya, it makes me happy knowing that I can make you smile :)
Vidya Bacchus

9 Years Ago

You did my sweet friend :)
Hmmmm.....someone reprimanded you and now you are venting? You really have opened an eloquent can of whoopass on someone here. Your choice of vocabulary is stellar! To ignore you, well, those six guns should be pointed in the opposite direction. I think you hit the bulls eye here....and I hope it was a bit of a catharsis for you. Lydi**

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

Seems like I'm always venting now doesn't it my friend? But that's just how it is...I'm simply not .. read more
Holy cow!! I loved this Steve. Yesterday i was told by one of my friends i write too much. I just wanted to box his ears.. lol..this poem filled with the Anger of a poet that - yes!!i am a damn poet. I am the chosen one i grudgingly accept it cause you hate it. I have got this job of sweeping off castigated legacy. Ño matter what i will do it. Whether you read me or not i will still write. Its in my damn poet blood. Foolish people! Dialysis won't help curing us. Cheers bro.. !!

~Sophy

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

Haha I'll be polite and say that anyone who thinks you write too much is not artistically inclined :.. read more
Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Yooo.. !! Roar! We are there to hear.. ;) always a pleasure amigo
Had I been first reader and commenter, I would have said most of what has already been said, HA!! I could just say DITTO what they said, but that would be cheating... so Mr. Steve, aka Benji, aka, Mr K. Khan, it is nice to see you shouting loudly "I am alive over here, so WTF are you gonna do about it, sorry, ignoring me won't cut it any longer!!!"

It seems your anger is both self centered and aimed at "in the shadow of the mainstream's
efficacious coattails " somehow the antithesis of the unity of opposites... but as you know, I don't think anyone should do Penance for purgatory... on the other hand Jacob may have a point about being a poet and writing as something close to this at times.

I do enjoy wading through your verbal mind fields and occasionally come out the other side with some cool insights on life. And at times I step on one and spend too much effort on putting myself back together. But its these times that I see more clearly into the heart of you and your creativity... it's always a treat Steve..
~~redzone

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

It's hard to know where to begin on this one my friend...I've had a hard time responding to reviews .. read more
redzone

9 Years Ago

Not sure it's entirely possible to lose your poetic voice by venting, sooner or later I think the wo.. read more
kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

Not much I can add to that my friend, you've said it all :)
you splashed me full of dreamy thoughts and stretched out my spirit

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much Blake, so glad it moved you :)
my favorite line in this, is every single one of them...

"the tuberculosis of ambition" "born disembodied"----"masochistic anti-wakes"

my penance is that i write poetry until i die...i believe that...i was chosen by poetry, i didn't choose it....but knowing i have no choice but to write at all hours of day or night...i realize it is what i "grudgingly inherited"--

anyway, this is how this brilliantly worded piece speaks to me...
i am probably far off...but i sure like this.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

You're pretty close to the mark my friend, as you always are...it's hard to know how to respond when.. read more
wow! I am with my girl.....tell me how you really feel.... the descriptions and metaphors in this are sheer freaking brilliant... masterpiece of meticulous mayhem..... ... Oh my gawd.... I felt every word..... I know the place where this comes from, so I know how good it felt for you to write this.. I am so proud of you for letting it out... wheeeew.... I feel the casualties left in your wake with this one, my friend and glad I'm not on that list... some of these lines are so powerful and raw that they reach out and punch the reader where it hurts...

"when I choke on the tuberculosis
of ambition taken out of context
and embalm me with the dog-eared
ghost of a scripture in training"....... this is so profound, real, and written so damn well.... I am seriously in AWE of your talent right now... I can say without a doubt this is my new ABSOLUTE favorite of yours.... packs a powerful punch!!!

I am saving this one in my favorites, as I want to come back and read this one over and over again... I have already read it at least four times and each time I go back it still has the power.. The emotion in this one jumps off the page, SCREAMING its war cry.... battle lines drawn this six-string shooter is cocked and loaded... scares me my friend....
never heard the song before... had Bon Jovi's song "wanted dead or alive" going through my head as I read it, but yes I know I am a little "wonky" anyway.....

Amazing write..... crazy good.... seriously.... I am like a kid in a candy store right now with your words.... I LOVE THIS.... you hear me?.... yep... LOVE IT..... big ole ((hugs))


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AprilRN1210

9 Years Ago

awwww, well GOOD... I am glad... and yes, I do know where your "mindset" is... and heard this cry we.. read more
kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

Haha I don't know, maybe you just like seeing my fiery side ;) Thanks again bud...squishy hugs :) xo
AprilRN1210

9 Years Ago

I like all of your "sides".... especially the one that gives me hugs.... just sayin
This has been favorited. Some of the best prose I've read in recent days.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

So glad you enjoyed it, can you tell I was in a mood when I wrote it haha Thank you Kenneth.
The anger and frustration in your words is so powerful...Which is one of the things I admire most about your writing...the reader can feel your words. I enjoyed the entire poem, but the last three lines are a brilliant ending.

Always a pleasure to read you.

:) Julie

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much Julie, I'm glad my words have resonated with you so deeply...so glad you enjoyed it, .. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

416 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on August 16, 2014
Last Updated on August 16, 2014

Author

kublakhan27
kublakhan27

Nova Scotia, Canada



About
My first book is out! Any comments that anyone may have to offer regarding my work would be deeply appreciated, as I'm yet to get a review. www.amazon.com/Waltz-Around-Swirls-Steven-Fortune/dp.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


therapy therapy

A Story by Woody