BUT OF WANT

BUT OF WANT

A Poem by kublakhan27
"

08 28 14

"
The final thing
I ever wished to do
I have done
Not on grounds of fear
or fulfillment
but of want
Maybe you should
disregard the future
while it's safe
I'm already frozen
to the vapid verdict
of a chance
immunity to fate
Still you did
the best you could
to define me
in judicious riddles
of compassion
Answers I retain
like a practicing Yoda
for a baffled day
of comprehension

© 2014 kublakhan27


Author's Note

kublakhan27
Write drunk. Edit sober. - Hemingway

captcha: flipper

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Write drunk - Great never edit make friends that out of love will make you find the editing. It is very difficult for me to read this and not have my Mom (No I do not have oedipus Complex just in case some of you clever ones...) "I want never gets" she used to say. Sure it fitted in that context. But also fitting is the metaphor of two Bhuddist monks that never choose to be monks as they do and from all form od Bhuddist they land on Zen not sure if that's a blessing or a curse. Too late to choose though someone already choose for them. To ponder and to fragment experiences and to wait for answer that my or may not feel right I see more as a form of communication as I said your friends, the ones that are willing to show love will help you .

Very focused writing this

Thankyou

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

Thank you Rene, my friends basically are my answers, they're the only reason I know anything...glad .. read more



Reviews

I get the feeling of being good at something, but feeling like you have not accomplished what you would like to, or maybe what you perceive society suspects. The whole exist vs live -- nice write, as always.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

You've summed it up perfectly my friend...so glad you enjoyed this one.
Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

There isn't much of yours I don't like, although I prefer the strange clinical sexy writes ...
I have more problems with those "captchas" ...perhaps I should try posting drunk, see if I stand a better chance at it!

The thought of someone "defining me" actually scared the living daylights out of me...but I like what you've done here, Steve.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

Haha They're usually gibberish to me...I rarely get those witty ones that some people seem to get al.. read more
My impression of this poem is probably colored by that of the other reviewers. It is all that and possibly more. Thought-provoking, for sure. I've certainly had the feeling of being "alive but not exactly living" or of life passing me by. Fortunately those feelings are very brief. Overall an amazing write!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

I get that feeling all too often, though not with the frequency I once did...thank you Jennie, I'm g.. read more
if only we could live without fear of a last day...do things that we really want to do, not what we think we need to do before we expire...

yes, shades of Yoda here...and maybe a bit of Confucius...

the philosophy of living life for life's sake, not for death's sake.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

I'm a more frightened person than I care to admit, though I've gotten a lot of it out of my system.... read more
If this was a drunk write, I would love to get drunk with you sometime.
Relatable in so many... Full but unfulfilled.
Reminds of that old Howard Jones song that I'm way to young to remember.
You're the fastest runner but you're not allowed to win.
Or the poor rich folk that have all that money can afford yet are still left wanting.
Cheers.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

Haha You would not have wanted to be drunk with me when this was written, the hangover felt better :.. read more
This one zig-zagged showing the dilema of an acomplishment without feeling acomplished. That is just how I saw it Kublakhan27. Like life is a contradiction of itself when we are alive but not exactly living. if that makes any sense. I really did enjoy this today. This piece made me think.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

I think you're spot-on my friend...I suppose it's the feeling of life passing you by...so glad you e.. read more

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

952 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 28, 2014
Last Updated on August 28, 2014

Author

kublakhan27
kublakhan27

Nova Scotia, Canada



About
My first book is out! Any comments that anyone may have to offer regarding my work would be deeply appreciated, as I'm yet to get a review. www.amazon.com/Waltz-Around-Swirls-Steven-Fortune/dp.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..