Murdered by a Fly

Murdered by a Fly

A Story by lakki
"

This is for a contest. I liked the idea of using ten words as a prompt, so here you go. I left the words as they were written in the contest post, because that's how the idea came out.

"
For our species the way in and out are not the same thing. 
This is why we're always looking for an E S C A P E
And this is why we make you angry. 
You haven't recognized me yet, have you? 

Oh! 
How well do I know you! 

I'm that stupid F L Y
The one you kicked  out just minutes ago! 
I have probably not left an impression, so this is why I came back.
Why ten minutes! 
Didn't know which way was the entry again, my bad.  
To be honest I'm happy that I came back, or otherwise I wouldn't have seen...



Her!

That F L I P P A N T, little her! 

She was standing by the window- F R A M E

She had the most H A N D S O M E features my little eye just at the left corner of my left eye had ever seen. We have many remember! 

I got D A Z Z L Ed by how she carefully yet carelessly not aware of the dangers of yourself, doing her wings. I could watch her for ages, and not get bored. For that, I knew she was the one. I couldn't just directly go and propose.

 Why?
 
It was a T A B O O!
Humans! You're truely mannerless!
How?
All I have to do is to show my best charms, and pray that one of  her 3,000 eyes would see me.
Easy, right?
What are the odds of her not seeing me?
Let's see! 

I can do that by simply W H I S P E R I N G. I 've got a special whisper, and that's probably what got you angrily out of your computer looking for me. 

She didn't hear me. 

So I went louder. 

You got angrier. 

Still she didn't acknowledge me. 


I needed a better spot. 
The noises coming out of that window were hindering me. 
I scanned the room, and boom! 
There...just on that red apple K N I F E. It was just opposite her. She could definitely see me. 
She's beautifully busy...
You were outrageous by this point. All I had to do is to go undercover. 

That horrible D E E R decoration was perfect. All dark. As a fly with an artistic view, since I have been on much all the dead animals out there, you have a bad taste. I have definitely seen better ornaments. If you could have left me perform my proposal, I could have helped you finding better ornaments. Such a dumb! 
I hurried in silence towards it, and went right behind your back with no sound. 
Yes, I can be soundless. That's one of my super-powers. 

I settled right in that horrible deer, and studied how I would get to the knife area. I just had no plan. She was the love of my life. I didn't plan on meeting her that day, so I surely didn't have a plan at that moment either. 

I just followed my instinct, and flew with all my speed, and there...
She noticed me. She called heeeeeeey!
I wish she didn't see me at that moment against all my previous wishes. Because just as she called you turned around with that green crocs, and boom. You hit the knife. I don't recall exactly what happened, but the next thing I saw was you laying on the floor, just like those ornaments I intended to let you explore. 
 
The happy news that we got married! 

In your house! 

© 2020 lakki


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This tickles me LoL how creative and original! A story through a fly's many many eyes.
Thank you for joining the 10 Words I Give contest and hope to see you next round!

"Poor fly should've went for it straight away instead of procrastinating!" says, I.

Blessings,
Wicahpi



Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Aly
Awesome!! great idea, I enjoyed the perspective of a fly. It has the pace and rhythm of a poem. I was thoroughly entertained.
Good job.
Aly


Posted 3 Years Ago


This tickles me LoL how creative and original! A story through a fly's many many eyes.
Thank you for joining the 10 Words I Give contest and hope to see you next round!

"Poor fly should've went for it straight away instead of procrastinating!" says, I.

Blessings,
Wicahpi



Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 8, 2020
Last Updated on May 8, 2020