DEAR MAMA

DEAR MAMA

A Poem by kurrupted
"

A Mother is a Mother anywhere and in any specie, their role and significance are timeless and in most cases defy description. this short piece is for all those African Mothers who strive against all odds to keep and hang on in poverty stricken societies

"
This is for those mothers who walk for miles to fetch water and firewood to cook.
 
This is for those mothers who though heavily pregnant but walk miles to the drugless-clinic for check ups.
 
This is for those mothers who gave birth under straineous conditions.
 
This is also for those mothers who lost thier lives while in labour (mostly preventable)
 
This is for those mothers who have been displaced by wars and are threading to never-land.
 
This is for the mothers who starve themselves to feed their children with the megre available.
 
This is for those mothers who had had sleepless nights and carry children on thier backs in search of medication.
 
This is for those mothers who although married toil and strive like the single parent.
 
This is for those mothers whose irresponsible husbands have infected them with HIV/AIDS.
 
This is for the mothers whose children died (a preventable death).
 
While the world celebrates Mothers day...ONES A YEAR IS'NT ENOUGH, WE CELEBRATE AND REVERE YOU BY EACH SUN RISE.

© 2009 kurrupted


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

that was beautiful and so thought provoking. its like i already knew whatever u were talking about, but thought about it ONCE AGAIN and over and over again after i read the poem. the emotion was beautiful.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow! That was truly intense and showed us a creepy image of what all mothers go through and sacrifice for their kids. I can't say anymore on the subject except that it was truly amazing. A perfect piece to be written on/for Mother's Day. And yes, we ought to thank them everyday because whatever the circumstances or the situations, they all (mothers) deserve it.
Keep up the great work! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


A wonderful tribute to being a mother dear kurrupted! It is a difficult job but someone has to do it and we mothers do it best and always pass any test when it comes to our offspring.

Smiling at you

Tai

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

337 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 23, 2009

Author

kurrupted
kurrupted

Maiduguri, Nigeria



About
This is me. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..