Happiness can wait

Happiness can wait

A Story by god is not great, I am

Happiness is a simple choice that many of us turn away due to an unwillingness to part with our baggage. There is some sick love affair between a person and those things and people that bring them misery. At any moment a choice can be made to part ways with our misery, but consciously we choose not to, and continue making that choice every minute of every day. We have to, we need our misery, we hold it close to us during the darkest of nights, we make our bed with it, and welcome it into our hearts.

© 2011 god is not great, I am


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

and with open arms, we welcome it into our hearts.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is incredibly sad. But true.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I don't believe that people consciously choose to be miserable, rather something deep inside them has been fractured, and the only thing that they seek is others who are not whole, but also fractured, so that they may in some jagged jigsaw complete themselves.

Needless to say, this usually only increases sorrow.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Such truth. It is quite ridiculous that most of us don't choose to be happy, it seems so simple when put like this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AJ
*happy sigh* God, that was good.

And as one of the people who's made misery a bedfellow in the past, you're totally right. Sometimes, people just like a demon or two mixed in with the morning coffee.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You are scripting from my soul.

I thought I felt someone watching me lately...

Creepy.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

392 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 6, 2011
Last Updated on December 7, 2011

Author

god is not great, I am
god is not great, I am

Chattanooga, TN



About
No God. No food. No sleep. That’s all you really need to know about me. Atheist, Anorexic, insomniac. I am sure we have very little in common. Another note: My favorite writer ever- Charl.. more..

Writing