I hope you can handle the uncensored version, it's your only option.

I hope you can handle the uncensored version, it's your only option.

A Poem by god is not great, I am

Every writers style is different,
mine probably being the ugliest of them all.
Others with their skillful imagery will paint for you a picture formed from words.
each of them having been beautifully, perfectly, and purposefully placed.
They can present even the saddest of feelings in a polite and graceful manner.
For me though, this was never the case.
Lacking the time or patience for metaphor,
I tear straight into the gut.
with absurdity, undeniable hostility, and hideous authenticity,
I deliver to you my soul, unaltered, and monstrous as it is.
I suppose for your sake, it would be easier if I were to
tell my tragedies the same way the others do: through pleasing little images.
But that, I can not do. 
 I am and always haven been, unable to place a filter on my thoughts, or my words.
My soul was long ago torn into, and invaded,
leaving me, open, broken, and unguarded.
all of which were irreversible.
my writings are often crude, misanthropic, sarcastic, tragic, and untamed,
bearing strong resemblance to the soul from which they came.

© 2011 god is not great, I am


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

everything came from the heart without any alteration...and still the words rearranged themselves into a melodious flow...that's what writing is all about...let yourself free...and that's what you have done...kudos to you and your writing style ...keep it as it is! don't change!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like the end of it. You summed up nicely the message that the rest of the piece delivered bluntly. This piece has its own aesthetic quality in acknowledging the raw intent, the raw inception, and raw resolution, which anyone that listens to black metal, for example, can appreciate. There is an inherent artistic value to that which is ugly, because it is far more universal to human beings than that which is pretty. It is just a simple fact that the average person tries so hard to run away from the things they deplore in themselves and in their peers, that they fail to recognize their own possession of those qualities. I can appreciate the call of the dark. I've seen flaming carcasses, murder, and unadulterated hate up close as a job. I've watched innocent people suffer and die, and I've watched bad people reach absolute enlightenment in vainglorious, self-loving promenade. We as a species are disgusting, but a keen and discerning eye finds the artistic aspects of it.

Good job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


When I write, I feel like I'm vomiting up some kind of poison. That's what writing is for me- a way to work the poison out of my system. That's why I can't stand writing that comes from "happy places". It's like Chinaski says in the movie Barfly- "No writer who could write worth a damn ever wrote in peace." That's what I like about your writing- it's like rough, unprotected sex, followed by a shot of 151-proof rum and a pack of Newports straight to the head. Keep it up.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like the poem. Description of your writing is direct and honest. I agree with your logic. Many types of writers. Each with their purpose and their desire. Thank you for expressing your thoughts and ideas.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


There is indeed a contrast between your writings and most others here.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

And yet the true beauty in your writing comes from your censorship of extravagant descriptions. Not many people can convey beauty and elegance with rawness, but you do.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really appreciate how boldly you write. It's so refreshing. And your honesty...great write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


everything came from the heart without any alteration...and still the words rearranged themselves into a melodious flow...that's what writing is all about...let yourself free...and that's what you have done...kudos to you and your writing style ...keep it as it is! don't change!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very interesting nice write i think it was very deep and really puts things in perspective

Posted 12 Years Ago


nicely done, just stay whom you are and you'll go far.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

665 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 6, 2011
Last Updated on December 9, 2011

Author

god is not great, I am
god is not great, I am

Chattanooga, TN



About
No God. No food. No sleep. That’s all you really need to know about me. Atheist, Anorexic, insomniac. I am sure we have very little in common. Another note: My favorite writer ever- Charl.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Choke me Choke me

A Poem by Muse