When to Seek Legal Help for Workplace Dispute?

When to Seek Legal Help for Workplace Dispute?

A Story by John Benckiser
"

You have some basic human rights which are applicable even if you’re working under somebody.

"
Each one of us has to work to earn living. We all have different kind of works to do and different workplaces depending upon the nature of work. Our educational qualification also decides as to what kind of job we do or we get. Problems can occur at any point of time in life in any field and there are laws in every country which helps to preserve the basic human rights like there are labor lawyers in Los Angeles who are there to help the employees who have disputes at their workplace. Let us know when is the right time to seek some legal help for your workplace disputes.

1.    Payment issues
One is working for money and if there are issues in salary, one should surely seek some legal help. They should always be a proper legal agreement or contract between the employer and the employee which outlines the basic terms and conditions of job for both the parties and if there is any violation of any of the clause, the employer as well as employee both can seek the legal help. The salary and the working hours should also be clearly defined.

2.    Over time issues
Working for extra hours is completely the employee’s choice and he cannot be forcefully asked to do that and there is always a certain extra amount paid for those extra hours. If you are continuously forced to do extra work and you’re not paid for that also, you should surely seek some legal help.

3.    Leave issues
One cannot work 24 X&7, that is why there is a basic Sunday holiday for everybody but they can be issues in personal life which can ask you to take leave. The number of leaves and the criteria for leave should also be clearly defined in the basic joining agreement. There are certain special leave like pregnancy leave, accident or medical leave etc. which is basic employment right.

4.    Harassment
Nobody has the right to harass any other human being in whatsoever manner. This harassment can be mental harassment, physical harassment and even sexual harassment. No employee is bound to tolerate any kind of torture. The harassment laws are usually not mentioned in the joining contract but this is your basic human right to not to get tortured unnecessarily. If you are facing any kind of harassment or torture, you should surely seek some legal help. There are employment discrimination and complaints law in Los Angeles, California which will protect you.

© 2015 John Benckiser


Author's Note

John Benckiser
The author has rich experience of working with experienced labor lawyers in Los Angeles. He has in-depth knowledge about employment discrimination and complaints Law in Los Angeles, California. Read his articles to know more about labor laws and employee’s rights, for more information visit http://laborlitigators.com

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on October 19, 2015
Last Updated on October 19, 2015
Tags: California, Employment Discrimination and Co, Labor Lawyers In Los Angeles