We cleanse our souls in the light of distant stars

We cleanse our souls in the light of distant stars

A Poem by Lachlan R. Dale
"

A piece that flowed in stream-of-consciousness, resembling visionary prose poetry.

"

Give your awe to what can be perceived; surrounded as we are by impossible beauty and infinite scope. The fact so many close themselves off to reverence is astounding. Embrace humility when confronted with the monolith of existence.

Do not be so proud as to refuse to bow your head. If a true wind blows you should have little doubt that you will be severed from this plane. The abyss yawns after you, and void shall be your home. When the earth reclaims your body, the iron of your blood will fuel it’s blossom.

Awaken the see the world as it is. Refrain from sealing yourself in vast tombs of concrete and steel �" you soul will suffocate from lack of sunlight. Many wander the earth as if pre-empting a return to dust. They are dust men, stone-faced and swarming across lifeless slabs; the monotony of their lives grinds their bones.

Feed your mind steel and you will become as the grey as the slab you lay. Sow misery in the veins of the earth and the cold snap will grip your soul. These tombs cloud the heavens. The sun is forever obscured and we starve from the lack of it.


© 2013 Lachlan R. Dale


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on February 23, 2013
Last Updated on February 23, 2013
Tags: poetry, prose, visionary, mystic, vision

Author

Lachlan R. Dale
Lachlan R. Dale

Sydney, Australia



About
I practise writing as catharsis. more..