A Plea

A Plea

A Poem by lindsay

Previous Version
This is a previous version of A Plea.



 I sit and I watch the news, to see what it being done
and sadly, I am in no shock of all the lies that are spun.
War, as if anything is really solvable by fighting.
The only thing that is driving this, is our never-ending greed.

A fight for more oil, because destroying the Earth is great too.
It is not enough to lose soliders but our home to ensue.
Lives for oil?
It seems like we are getting the short end of the stick.
Remember,politicians are  the slickest of slick.
This war is much more than that for, it encompasses problems of years past.
All of which are not solved and I fear that the soliders can no longer last.
 

There are the soliders who are there for a losing cause.
Unfottunately for us, the enemy has no pause.
They will keep fighting. They will continue to kill.
It is our blood they are hoping to spill.
Our loved ones are not there for our country but our government
and they are dying at their exspense.


What are we fighting for?For Freedom or Power?
Jimi Hendrix is right,
when the power of love overcomes the love of power-
we will know peace.
Listen to me.
Here our plea.









 

© 2009 lindsay


Author's Note

lindsay
Despite my beliefs in war, I support the troops tremendously. I want them to be safe and I want them to do well.



Featured Review

You have hit the spot with this wonderful poem i couldn't agree with you more like my own poem "BRING THE POEMS HOME NOW" i empathise with your points here,i guess the soldiers know the risks when they leave american soil and they are well paid but it is a futile war without end and benefits nobody just depriving a son, a daughter and a wife of their father and husband.
Nobody wins in a war effort look at RHUWANDA in Africa almost a million people wiped out because there were mixed messages that by killing your neighbour you might make your own life more bearable by inheriting his land.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Last line (*hear).
Other than that though, beautiful. I like the Hendrix quote at the end. It was a great addition to a moving piece. I especially like the second stanza of the poem. Politicians are slick was cool when talking about oil. A witty and thoughtful choice of words.
Keep it up.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Sad but oh so true.
Tate

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You have hit the spot with this wonderful poem i couldn't agree with you more like my own poem "BRING THE POEMS HOME NOW" i empathise with your points here,i guess the soldiers know the risks when they leave american soil and they are well paid but it is a futile war without end and benefits nobody just depriving a son, a daughter and a wife of their father and husband.
Nobody wins in a war effort look at RHUWANDA in Africa almost a million people wiped out because there were mixed messages that by killing your neighbour you might make your own life more bearable by inheriting his land.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this, the power of your words..just blew me away. O_O
Amazing write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

8 Views
Added on November 23, 2009
Last Updated on November 24, 2009

Author

lindsay
lindsay

Mentor, OH



About
Hey, I'm Lindsay.I'm majoring in Creative Writing and Graphic Design at Ohio University. I like meeting new people.I want to travel and try everything.Writing is everything to me.I am really passionat.. more..

Writing
Moiety Moiety

A Poem by lindsay


As they fly As they fly

A Poem by lindsay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Woman Woman

A Story by Manda