The Diary of Mariah J. York

The Diary of Mariah J. York

A Chapter by Jackie
"

Mariah visits a casino with her bestfriend and meets sexy Bachelor Ian Camden who makes her rethink her marriage.

"

June 6, 2012

 

            Today is just another random boring day. I have work at the bank until six o'clock. Seth, my husband, left earlier this morning for work. I lazily got out of bed and got ready for work. Work was busy as usual. I got out on time though. Seth had dinner ready when I got home. We dined on our usual quick thirty minute meal of tater tots. Then we sat and watched a movie while we ate. After the movie I received a call from Sara. She asked me if I would be willing to ride with her to Mt. Pleasant for a friend's party this weekend.

            Seth was not pleased with my decision to go, but in the end he understood. He is Mr. Perfect in a nutshell. I remember thinking that possibly he's too good for me. He is one hundred percent every other girl's dream when they say they want a nice guy.

            "What am I going to do while you're gone?" He complained in a very cute way.

            I laughed. "I'll be back on Saturday, just think of it as endless hours of Call of Duty uninterrupted."

            I love my husband, I do. Anyway he turns into bed early tonight as usual. I stayed up and read some of my new book. Then I spent the rest of the night online checking my favorite tunes on YouTube. I call it a night around four in the morning and then head to bed for another day like today, tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

June 8, 2012

       

            I can barely stand how excited I am tonight. I just got out of work an hour ago. Sara called a few minutes ago to tell me she's on her way to pick me up. I slipped on my favorite pair of jeans for my frame and a semi decent purple shirt. I check myself in the mirror; I look okay for my heavy frame. I don't consider myself obese. I am big for my five foot seven height because I weight about two hundred and twenty pounds. I look alright. I have my zillions lying down. I think I look pretty in fact.

            Sara beeps the buzzard for me to come down. I grabbed my purse and keys and unlocked the door. My sad husband with his distraught eyes comes to me.

            "Don't leave me," he says quietly.

            I laugh him off and give him a quick kiss. I promise to call before grabbing my bag and heading downstairs. We live on the third floor so it takes me a second to get down to her.

            "Hey," I said as I got in the passenger side. I threw my bag in the backseat.

            Sara backs out the parking lot. "Thanks so much for coming; I didn't want to go alone." She tells me.

            Sara is about my height maybe an inch taller or shorter. She's a tan brunette with breast length hair and brown eyes. I do believe that as one of my close friends I think she's gorgeous. We only met a couple months ago, but literally since then we've been practically inseparable. I was never one for speaking on the phone or texting, but I've done it all with her.

            "Well, thanks for asking," I replied.

            Sara turns on her mix CD and pulls out on the main road. It only takes us a few minutes before we're onto the highway. Since it's only about six, the highways pretty busy. Sara is a pretty evasive driver so she very easily maneuvers in and out of traffic. We make small talk about our days at work.

            Sara works at the same bank as I do, but she transferred to a different building. She tells me about this guy she works with named Thomas. Sara and Thomas have been flirting off and on for the past two weeks. Sara is single and so is Thomas, but neither will make the first move and ask for a date. I discuss this with her frequently and she tends to just laugh it off. I think she might like to be single or she's waiting for Mister Right.

            Who the hell is Mister Right anyway? I have to laugh at myself for the question. I am married to Mister Right. I'm just not sure if he's my mister right. I would love to talk with Sara about this except she like many of my friends have also become friends with Seth and they believe we're a match made in heaven.

            I don't know why I feel the way I do. I just feel although were married that the two of us live separate lives. He plays his games and I watch television all at separate times. I love him; I just don't think love can take us to forever. I wipe the thought from my mind.

            My and Sara's conversation has switched to my day at work. We're about half way to Mount Pleasant. I tell Sara my completely uneventful day and that's an overstatement. Today was busy as hell, but work as usual. I did lots of checks, withdrawals, and payments all the while waiting for the clock to tick faster.

            I don't complain about my job. I sure as hell appreciate more than my retail job I had before. I suppose any job you go to there are always a few customers who are guaranteed a******s.  

            The times a little bit past seven when we pull off the highway onto the main road. Our hotel is right before Soaring Eagle so we're headed their after we check in. Fifteen minutes later we're checked in and throwing our luggage in our rooms. Sara freshens up in the bathroom. I figure I'm good since I have no one to look good for. Sara comes out the bathroom dressed like me, in jeans and a fitted shirt. Sara used to be in gymnastics so she's pretty fit. We got back in the car and headed to the casino.

            "So everyone isn't meeting at Julia's until ten so I'd figure we'd hang here until it's time to go. Plus there will be someone to drop us back off if we get too drunk. I'm not planning on drinking."

            "I am planning on it," I reply.

            We both laugh as she pulls into the casinos very busy parking lot. We end up parking far back and west of the doors. I silently complain of the walking distance. Sara verbally complains about the busy place. I don't' know how, but we end up laughing once more.

            Once inside we are both carded by the security officer posted at the stairs to the casino. He clears us both to walk onto the gaming floor.

            "I hope we can find a spot." I tell Sara after looking around. There are many people in the middle of the casino as well as all seats seem to be taken.

            "We'll find one," she assures me.

            I'm too preoccupied with a certain gaming table. I don't know what it's called. It's the kind where the ball swirls around. There is a large group by it. "I wonder what that's about," I say.

            We both stop and look on. The crowd erupts in joy and I wish I were a part of it too so I could be happy with them. Suddenly a tall gentlemen turns around and I literally think my heart stops. He is completely my type of guy. He has short brown hair and hazel eyes or grey, I can't tell. All I know is he is the most beautiful person I've ever seen. He's wearing a white button down under a black blazer. The top two buttons are undone showing some skin. He has on nice black pants with dress shoes.

            I look at him and literally the breath leaves my lungs. He is surrounded by beautiful women. One in particular, a blond with a sparkly red mini dress grabs onto his forearm. I turn away breaking our connection. I am ashamed that I'm partially jealous of the women.

            "I need to get change." I tell Sara whose still watching.

            She reluctantly follows me to the bill breaker. I have bills to pay so I only brought with me one hundred dollars to pay for my drinks and here. I take out two twenties and break them into one dollar bills. There are people behind me, but I don't care. I am not ashamed of what I am doing.

            "Where to?" I ask Sara.

            I follow her to the far right. Apparently one of her favorite machines is over there. I take a seat beside her and watch for a moment. I'm trying to buy time to save my money. I reluctantly end up putting two bills in the machine I'm sitting at because a woman walked by eyeing it very closely. I thought I'd better use it before she came back with some snide comment.

            "Yes," Sara proclaims after getting ht bonus in her game.

            I however am having no luck with the penny machine. It takes my two dollars all too quickly. I know of another good machine a few aisles down. "Are you going to be here?"

            "Yeah," she says with her eyes on the game. I glance down to see that she's won thirty dollars so far.

            I sulk silently and take off for my machine. I accidently bump into a guy heading into the aisle. I quickly say sorry and head away. I want to make sure no one takes the machine.  It is only when I'm a few feet away do I realize that I bumped into him, Mr. Oh So Sexy, he snatched the air from my lungs. I turned back around, but I couldn't' find him nowhere.

            Bummed, I put five bucks into the machine. What did I expect if I saw him anyway? No doubt, he'd notice the ring on my finger or I'd confess about my status and that would be the end of it.

            I lose my five dollars and ten more after that on my machine. I check the time and realize it's only eight o'clock. I go back up to Sara whose still on the same machine. Her winnings are about the same as before. I play ten more dollars and luckily win twenty five dollars and cash out. I watch Sara play a little more before I talk her into getting something to eat.

            We stop off at a fast food place. Sara ten tells me of a guy she saw at the same table. A part of me is relieved when she speaks about a blond who I don't remember seeing. I don't tell her about him. I desperately want to, but I don't' want to be judged. I am after all supposed to be happily married and satisfied.        

            After dinner we head over to her friend Julia's where I'm introduced to several people I won't remember. We all laugh and joke about ridiculous things and before I know it it's time to board the party bus. Our first top is a small bar where I treat myself to a long island iced tea. Sara grabs a beer and all of us stand around and do nothing. The place is dead, this night.

            We are all happy when we get to board the bus for our next stop. The next place is a pretty busy club. While we're at the bar this guy buys Sara and I a couple shots. I am dismayed that I'm still not drunk yet. Sara decides to dance with him while I plop on a stool. I'm happy when we board the bus again. I miss my husband because I'm lonely. I give him a call and we say the usual miss you and love you. I do not feel any better.

            The next stop is another busy place, but it's bigger than the other one. There is actually a guy who gets to decide who gets let in. I suddenly feel like an outcast. I put a smile on my face, but I feel ugly and I just know he isn't going to let me in.

            Luckily, Julia speaks to him and he lets all of us inside. We pay the small fee and our cleared. I sigh a silent relief. Inside the place is nice. There is an all white bar and bar stools. There are some tables off to the left and multi colored lights on the dance floor in the center. I notice and upstairs section with tables and inquire about it. Julia overhears me and answers.

            "Oh, that's VIP only. If you're willing to spend hundreds on alcohol or if they know you have money you can go up there." I don't notice many people up there, but a few. I barely can see their faces from my angle.

            I nodded and walked straight to the bar with Sara behind me. She is in a dancing mood because she yells to me that's where she's going. I point to the bar and she laughs leading me to laugh too. I fully intend to complete my mission of getting drunk. I ordered a margarita and then another.  I watch Sara twirl around the dance floor.

            "Hi," a deep voice says to me.

            I believe the alcohols starting to register because it takes me a moment to realize it's not all in my head. I turn to my right and I find Him there. He still looks dashing in the same outfit. I pray that I'm not drooling. I quickly turn away from him.

            "Hi," I say. I felt like I had a spotlight on me and the whole world was the audience.

            "I saw you earlier at the casino. I believe you assaulted me and ran." He sounded so cocky.

            "No, I didn't." I wouldn't call it that.

            "No, I distinctly remember a hit and run." he lightly caressed the elbow I bumped into.

            "That, I'm sorry," I say slightly embarrassed. I can't tell if he's angry or joking. I turned from him again and focus on Sara dancing with a blond, she doesn't even notice me.

            "Why aren't you dancing with the rest of your friends?'

            "Sara's my friend. Julia is her friend, those are Julia's friends. I've never been a fan of dancing.

            "Nonsense," he says and before I know it he has a hold of my hand. He's gently pulling me forward. He takes my nearly gone margarita and sets it on the counter.

            "Oh no," I tell him, but I'm off my seat.

            I decline several more times, but were on the dance floor. I'm very thankful when a new slower song comes on. He pulls me close to him and holds my waist. I have so many emotions running through me that I don't know what to respond to. He moves my arms so they're around his neck. There's no space between us. I avoid looking at his face at all costs.

            I felt like I was cheating on my husband right then. It's not a very comforting feeling. I feel like w***e because of it. I feel like I'm being taped and when I get home my husband will have seen it. I also feel weirdly comfortable. I believe that's the only reason why I haven't let go of him. I just want to melt into the perfect stature holding me so close. He smells so nice like a warm summer breeze.

            "How long?" He asks and I'm forced to look his way.

            His beautiful hazel eyes are staring right at me. I get lost in them quickly forgetting he ever spoke.

            "How long have you been married?" His perfectly sculpted lips ask me.

            I'm suddenly brought back to reality. I drop my hands from his neck and nervously look around. He doesn't release my waist.

            "We are doing nothing wrong," he assures me. He slides my hands back up and we're swaying once again.

            "August, will be two years," I say.

            "And how old are you?"

            "How old are you?" An odd question to ask a person out the blue so I asked back.

            "I am thirty-two."

            "I'm twenty-six."

            "Mariah, we have to go." Sara tells me as she grabs a hold to my arm. "We'll see you guys later," she yells back. I finally notice the blond she spoke about. He's dressed just as sharp as Him. He taps His shoulder. They must know one another.

            We end up traveling to two more clubs that night before heading back to Julia's. I drank a little more officially going to tipsy status, but not drunk. Sara was nowhere near drunk so she could drive. We said our goodbyes and got in the car. It was about one thirty as she backed out the driveway.

            "So, who was that guy you were talking to?"

            "What guy?"

            "The only guy you spoke to tonight."

             Crap, I'm busted. "I don't know," it was the complete honest truth.

            Sara gives me a disbelieving look.

            "I don't, we just danced. I don't even know his name." She's staring, wanting more details. I can't tell her that I feel like he awakes every part of my body. "Who was the blond you spoke to?"

            "Mark," she grins. She keeps her eyes on the road. "He was at the casino earlier; he's staying there with his best friend for a couple days. They own their own business together, just here in town to meet with a client earlier today. He took me up to the VIP section. He offered me Cristal; I so wanted to drink. I was so shocked when the guards nodded to him as I went up."

            "You like him," I point out. A big smile comes across her face and we're laughing again. "Well, just be safe," I add.

            "I know. I will."

            The rest of the trip Sara beams all about Mark. Mark is thirty-one. He went into business with his best friend at the age of twenty-one. Mark has never been married. He does however have a four year old named Lucas from a previous relationship. Mark believes the pregnancy was on purpose since they found out after he split with his ex, she it was coming Sara explains to me.

            We finally pull into the casino and I'm overjoyed. We came here because apparently Sara told Mark she'd meet him here so they could hang out on equal ground while I'm bored alone. I can finally get a break from listening about Mark and pretending I'm interested when I'm not. We find pretty decent parking spots this time. I'm bummed because all this talking has completely ruined by buzz. I follow Sara whose power walking through the front doors. Mark is surprisingly waiting at the entrance for her. Sara barely manages to tell me she'll find me later before they're gone. I am not cared as I go onto the gaming floor. I go grab change with the remaining money I have. I mentally yell at myself for not insisting she drop me off at the hotel. I was going to be stuck down here for awhile.

            I grab my new stack of ones and go for the penny games. I hoped they would keep me busy for a little while at least. I lose my five bucks pretty quickly. I feel a dark cloud hover over my head with the realization that I'm bored out of my mind.

            "That's a bad one to play," I recognize the sexy sensual deep voice right away.

            I keep my face trained on the screen. I can't let him see the smile that just formed at the sound of his close proximity.

            "A gentleman won about a hundred dollars earlier. I don't think it'll give anymore."

            "Just my luck," I remark. I finally turn back to find Him leaning over my shoulder. He still looks incredibly sexy. I search his left hand for a ring, empty.

            I get over into the seat left of me. He sits into the one left of that one, next to me. I put a couple dollars in to start. I watch him slip a twenty in and press max bet. I am embarrassed at my measly two dollars. I put two more in and I feel better. I do not bet max.

            "Your names Mariah," he says after I place my bet.

            "Yeah," I answer.

            "Well, it's beautiful. It fits you."

            I am so taken by surprise that I hit the wrong bet and lose the two dollars I gained back. "Thanks," I stutter. I look briefly at him, but he pays me no mind. He slides another twenty into the machine.

            "I think we are not in the winning section." He turns and grins at me.

            Oh, I nearly melt. I actually feel my mouth water at the sight. I just stared back at my machine. I am suddenly feeling extremely hot. "It's hot in here," I say fanning myself.

            "Ah yes, a bit." He stares around as if he could actually see the temperature.

            "You know my name, but I don't know yours."

            "Ian," he responded going back to his game.

            I glance and see that his twenty has risen to two hundred dollars and I'm still playing with two dollars. I glance back and realize he's playing quarters, that's why. "You have a nice name as well." I somehow don't like that he's turned his attention to the machine. I put two more dollars in my machine. I must not show interest in him.

            "I do believe you're the first person to say that to me. You know Mark is pretty taken with Sara. He wouldn't shut up about her the whole way here."

            I laughed, "Same with Sara." Wait a minute, so this means Mark's best friend and business partner is Ian.

            We go back to playing our games respectively. A few minutes later his cell rings. Well, not really, he must've had it on vibrate because he just answers. He has a nice black Iphone.

            "Camden," he answers. A slight pause as he listens. "Uh huh....," he laughs. Then he hands the phone to me.



© 2013 Jackie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
Added on May 6, 2013
Last Updated on May 6, 2013
Tags: love, romance, lust, wine


Author

Jackie
Jackie

MI



About
I'm 26, Female Writing since I was 13years old. I have several projects in the works ranging from poetry to short stories and novels depicting real life events of my favorite fantasy and erotic more..

Writing
The Lottery The Lottery

A Book by Jackie


Meet EllA Meet EllA

A Chapter by Jackie