1

1

A Chapter by Jules

Branches tore at her jeans and hoodie, scratching at her arms and legs through her clothing. She had to get away as far away as possible before he caught her. She would never let him touch her again she swore to herself. But first she had to get away, far away. She had made it though the thick trees and bushes and stumbled into a small clearing. The grass was tall and swaying softly in the cool evening breeze. It looked so inviting and soft; she collapsed down amongst it exhaustedly. She drifted into a fitful sleep, tossing about restlessly, flattening the grass around her.

 

When she awoke again it was dark and misty. A few stars twinkled down through the patchy clouds and leafy roof above her. As the clouds drifted along sleepily a bright full moon glowed down on her. She loved the moon it seemed so pure and untouched by this evil filled world. She closed her eyes and relaxed letting her sense roam and stretch free, where she knew she was alone. Breathing deeply she listened to the thud, thud of her heart and let her emotions settle in a cloud around her. Each one glowed a different colour to her. Fear settled dark and heavy about her, navy almost black, streaked with touched of sad icy blue and small touches of yellow brightened her emotions with hope and happiness. She focused on that yellow; imagining her future happy and hopefully, her own home, people she loved and away from all the hate and fear of her old home; till it grew and surrounded her like a buttercup aura. A spark of red flared at the edge of the circle of colour she pictured in her mind. Hate and hunger. It was sharp and overwhelming coming from all around. The feelings around her were intrusive and hurt her mind.

 

She shut of her powers quickly and suddenly. Her eyes opened wide and startled but the moon had gone behind a cloud again and she could see nothing in the enveloping darkness. She sat up slowly looking searching around her, for the people that must be hidden in the trees. There was no-one there that she could see. She sat as still as she could and listened hard. She daren’t turn on her senses again she was too badly shaken by what she had felt before. As small snuffle reached her ears and she froze. She blinked hard and wasn’t sure what to do when she realised there was numerous pairs softly glowing yellow eyes staring hungrily at her. She didn’t need her senses on to know that. There had been rumour at home in the town that wolves lived in national park forest, big ones, but she had never thought it was true. But why had she sensed them the same she would humans; she had never sensed animals before. The soft snuffling changed to a menacing growl as they sensed her fear. A large grey-brown wolf ran out of the trees and bounded straight for her, the pack following him as one great troop. He leapt towards her and she blacked out, falling straight back down where she had lain.



© 2009 Jules


Author's Note

Jules
dont have much to say today just be honest...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow awsome write it was very very very very very highly descriptive.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really liked it
I'm not sure if daren't is a word or not, but that makes me like it that much more
Your writing style is good, and the story seems like it will be interesting
Very descriptive
Overall, very nice job :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 15, 2009


Author

Jules
Jules

wouldn't you like to know!



About
Hi I'm Jules! i am 19 and have writen seriously since about senior school. i will read literally anything although not erotica and i'm not big on poetry :S i love romance stories and am a sucker f.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Jules


Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by Jules


Part 2 Part 2

A Chapter by Jules