2

2

A Chapter by Jules

She awoke in a small crude hut she could still see the stars through the gaps in the roof. So she couldn’t have been unconscious long, she hoped. A tall man with chestnut brown hair streaked with silver came in through the open doorway.

“Welcome to our camp young Miss, we needed fresh blood and one of the touched will help our population prosper greatly.”

“The touched? Touched by what?” she asked, emboldened by her curiosity.

“Tell me who you are first and I’ll answer your questions.” She didn’t trust him but surely her name wouldn’t hurt.

“Kenna, just Kenna.” He stared at her and grinned wolfishly.

“Like I said Kenna welcome to our camp, now is not the time to answer questions I think. You need to meet the pack.”

“Pack?” she asked her fear returning, but he just continued to grin and lifted her bodily over his shoulder. Kenna yelped and struggled with all her might, but he held on to her easily. There was a small fire at the centre of the camp and large group of men and some women. They all stared at her as he placed her by the fire. Opening his mouth he let out an eerie howl, which almost sounded like mocking laughter. The rest of the group joined in, leering hungrily at her. Kenna huddled by the fire, watching all around her. Only one did not join in and her gaze fixed on his soft puppy like brown eyes. He sat well back from the others and gazed back into her sky blue eyes. Jolts shot through her like electricity and she couldn’t take her eyes away from him. Too late she realised that the leader had been trying to speak to her and in anger he lashed out at her knocking her over and making her black out once again.

 

The next time Kenna woke it was daytime. Bright, cheerful sunshine flooded through the gaps in the huts roof and doorway instead of moonlight. It seemed quiet outside, like everyone was asleep now. She rubbed her tender jaw, where the pack leader had hit her the night before and discovered large bruises starting to show on the tops of her arms where she had been grabbed roughly. Kenna didn’t feel so afraid now it was light outside and it seemed that this time she had been placed on a soft pile of furs rather than the hard cold floor. Sitting up and stretching Kenna realised there was a tanned, muscled arm around her waist stopping her from standing. She yelped. The body the arm belonged too stirred under the large pile of furs they were on. Kenna froze. A mans head popped up after a moment of loud yawning. His tawny hair was long and rather matted, tousled with sleep and he looked at her though with half closed morning eyes. Recognition dawned on his face and he grinned at her. Kenna was reminded of when a German shepherd looked happy, large tail wagging and a wide toothy grin.

“Why were we sleeping together?” she asked hesitantly having finally managed to pull away from him slightly. He stared at her and Kenna realised slightly startled that he was the man with the chocolate brown eyes that made her skin tingle.

“We are mates.” Was all he replied, matter of factly.

“Mates?” Kenna spluttered, “We didn’t, did we?” she couldn’t bring herself to truly ask him what had happen after she had blacked out the night before. His happy, mischievous face disappeared, replaced with a stern, solemn eyed one.

“Of course not.” She let out a sigh of relief, which changed to a surprised gasp when he unexpectedly hugged her. So tightly she was sure she heard some of her ribs crack. “I’m Ephraim” he told her when he had stopped hugging her and instead crushed Kenna’s hand in his. “The pack leader told me we were best suited as mates because we are both touched apparently. I don’t know much about that though so don’t ask. I have been part of this pack since I was turned into a werewolf at the age of fifteen. I don’t remember anything other than this life any more.” Despite his hyperactive, almost child like mannerisms, Ephraim seemed so much older when he was having a proper conversation. Kenna realised he craved proper human contact and love, hence his child-like personality but his life had meant he had also been forced to grow up fast at the same time.

“I know I’m a lot to handle, but I’m just excited to see a human after so long. I hate this life.” Kenna stared at him surprised. Were wolves? That would explain why she had felt the emotions of the wolves when she had been surrounded by them in the small clearing where she had fallen asleep. Also the wolfish qualities of the humans last night; as they were one and the same.

“Why do you hate it? Wouldn’t you be out of place in a human environment you’re well different.” She blushed as she said it, realised how prejudice it sounded.

“Don’t blush,” he told her brushing her cheek lightly,” I don’t think that is prejudice at all.” Now he blushed. It seemed out of place to Kenna when she saw a strong werewolf blush. “I shouldn’t have said that. It’s just so easy to let me senses free with you. I’m telepathic, that is my touched ability, so I can hear people’s thoughts.

“Oh.” Kenna wasn’t sure what she thought about that. No wonder he had blushed he knew it had been an invasion of her privacy.

“I don’t think you have had the greatest shock yet,” he informed her, smiling wryly this time. “You are my soul mate.”

“Oh my god,” Kenna whispered, her senses flared and her turned deathly white. The idea was so unreal and she lost all sense of control. Her ability took control and emotions and colours overwhelmed her before she could stop them and Kenna collapsed into Ephraim's arms. Pain was transparent on his face as his telepathy entwined itself with Kenna’s mind and her own pain. The couple collapsed back onto their still warm furry bed.

 



© 2009 Jules


Author's Note

Jules
be honest

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on September 15, 2009


Author

Jules
Jules

wouldn't you like to know!



About
Hi I'm Jules! i am 19 and have writen seriously since about senior school. i will read literally anything although not erotica and i'm not big on poetry :S i love romance stories and am a sucker f.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Jules


Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by Jules


Part 2 Part 2

A Chapter by Jules