Food to Go

Food to Go

A Chapter by Jules
"

home to bed... opps thats not what i meant :S

"

RECAP“I’m sorry mom I have to go. I’ve some important business matters to attend to.”

Dropping the phone onto the side, Noah began to follow Khya down the hall way where she was busy trying to open the giant front door.

“Wait Khya, please just hear me out,” Noah pleaded with her, stopping to watch her from halfway down the hallway. She couldn’t help herself, Khya gave the door a final tug and turned to look at him. Despite being entranced by his bottomless green eyes, Khya steeled herself and protested,

“I hate weddings. I’ll never go!”

“Please, I’m begging you. I wouldn’t ask you if I didn’t have another choice and the wedding is tomorrow.”

“Are you telling me I’m a last choice? That encouraging! And what am I going to wear?”

“Are you saying you’ll go? You will go, won’t you?”

“Perhaps… but I have some terms you have to meet first. What time is the wedding and where is it?”

“4 o’clock and the wedding’s in the gardens here.”

“OK then that gives us plenty of time to go shopping, which you are paying for of course. Oh and I need to go to the hairdressers. And shoes. And a bag. And, and ... well I can’t think of anything else to demand but I’ll come if you do this for me.”

“Deal. Now I’ll show you to your room.”

“My room? I may be going to a wedding with you but I’m not sleeping with you!”

“I did not suggest you did, just that you should stay here as it would be easier for the both of us.” Noah replied blushing deeply.

“But what will I sleep in and wear tomorrow?”

“That's a minor problem. I’ll just have to drive you back to your house to pick up some stuff.”

“Fine. But my house is a flat and it’s an hour’s drive away.”

“We’d better leave then,” he replied beginning to get frustrated, grabbing a set of keys off a small table by the stairs and a battered leather jacket of a hook. “Follow me then.”

Lifting the heavy lock on the door he sauntered ahead of Khya down the long drive way to the giant garage, pulling the door open deftly. Stepping inside Khya discovered an impressive line up of cars and motorbikes, which startled her back into the reality of the fact that she was going on a date with the son of one of the richest men in America. Well it was kind of a date, she thought as she silently followed him along the row of cars. He stopped and pushed a button on one of his keys, unlocking the black Ferrari they stood by and Khya gaped at it.

“This is yours?” she enquired, trying not to seem too impressed.

“Yes.” He replied bluntly, “Now get in. I want to go to bed soon. Parties exhausted me and it’s getting on for 12.30.”

Obediently Khya slipped into the passenger seat and did up her seat belt; instructing him of where to go now. It was so late at night that it did not take as long as Khya’s predicted hour to reach her flat. Noah was noticeably shocked by the rough area she lived in, but Khya ignored it, signalling for him to lock the car and come with her. After trudging up three flights of stairs, Khya let them both into the tiny flat and ordered him ahead of her and into her bedroom.

“I need you to pack me underwear, jeans, a top and anything else I might need and put it all in here,” she ordered dumping a scruffy black duffel bag on the bed in front of him. “Now while you to that I am going to take a shower and grab some other things. Don’t take too long.” And then whisked out of the room and disappeared into another closing the door behind her. Noah heard the lock turn and then the sound of running water began, then turned to survey her room. It was a mess, bed unmade, towel on the floor amongst dozens of items of clothing. He picked his way across the small room to a chest of drawers, which didn’t take more than a few steps, and pulled open the top draw. Inside was a jumble of lace and bright colours and Noah began to rummage through her underwear trying not to notice anything in much detail. But it was impossible and soon he had images running through his mind. Hastily he chose a black lace set and another pink set and stuffed them in the bag before shoving the draw closed again. Opening the next draw he found an array of tops from which he chose swiftly but careful, stuffing that too in to the bag. Soon he had everything he had been asked to find plus some extra clothes just in case. For a while he pondered what to do then he sat down on the bed to wait. Noah sat there for ten minutes and then began to get bored, so left the room and crossed the tiny hall to knock on the bathroom door.

“Hurry up!” he called through the door, “It’s been half an hour. I want to go home and by the way you have some very nice underwear!”

In the shower Khya blushed and chose not to reply, continuing to shave her legs. Wondering if she was ok when he got no reply Noah pushed on the door but it wouldn’t open. She paused when he pushed on the door, surprised that he would even try when she remembered his blush from earlier.

“It’s locked,” she called after a moments consideration, “but I’ll be out in a minute don’t worry.”

“Fine, what ever you say, just hurry up so we can go home to bed.” She could hear the sharp tone in his voice even through the door and picture him frowning even though she had not known him long. Stepping out the shower she wrapped the only other towel she had around her, but being a small one it only just about covered her. Unlocking and pulling open the door, she being to tell Noah that she was out only to find him stood directly outside the door waiting for her. Startled she almost dropped her towel and Noah's scowl lifted as he turned becoming red, averting his eyes from the glimpses of golden brown flesh and scattered freckles. Clutching at her towel she pushed past him into her room as he tried to apologise ordering him to stay where he was. Khya dressed hastily, pulling on some sweats and a t-shirt, grabbing a jumper from the drawer. Twisting her damp curls up into a bun as she pulled open the door and stormed into the kitchen-living room.

“Fine lets go,” she ordered, wrenching open the front door waiting for him to follow. He hefted her duffel bag onto his shoulder and they went silently back down to the car, before driving to his house in equal silence. Noah parked haphazardly on the gravel driveway just outside the front door and got out slamming the door behind him. Khya followed in silence closing her door gently, having to hurry to catch up with him as he strode up the stair case. Pushing open one of the many doors, he gestured her inside and shut the door, not even saying goodnight. Khya took a mental note not to get on the wrong side of him at night and hoped that he wasn’t a morning person. She too was tired and oblivious to her luxurious surroundings; she collapsed on the bed and slept.

 



© 2009 Jules


Author's Note

Jules
like always be honest :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 20, 2009


Author

Jules
Jules

wouldn't you like to know!



About
Hi I'm Jules! i am 19 and have writen seriously since about senior school. i will read literally anything although not erotica and i'm not big on poetry :S i love romance stories and am a sucker f.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Jules


Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by Jules


Part 2 Part 2

A Chapter by Jules