Who Put Goldfish on the Menu?

Who Put Goldfish on the Menu?

A Chapter by Jules
"

down by the pond.... the the mother from hell is back.... :O ahhh scary!

"

“I see you two made up from your lovers tiff earlier,” Celia whispered to her son as they watched the happy couple walk back up the aisle, arm in arm. Noah tried hard not to scowl at his mother’s comment and said shortly,

“It was not a lovers tiff we are perfectly happy, it was just a misunderstanding.”

“Of course son, of course son.” She muttered over her shoulder and he scowled at her departing back. Khya approached him from behind and slinked an arm around his waist, beginning to relax into her role as Noah’s girlfriend although it had now escalated wife. He jumped slightly and then turned to smile at her, mirroring her hold his waist round her own tiny waist.

“You and your mother don’t get on well do you?” she asked quietly. He shook his head. “How are we going to keep up this charade of being married? I can’t say I’m particularly comfortable with the idea.”

“I know it wasn’t a very sensible thing to say but she gets to me so. Will you help me please? You can stay here for now and we’ll keep this up until she leaves me, us, alone.”

“What if she doesn’t leave us alone?”

“Then we’ll just have to get married for real.” She stared at him stunned and he grinned broadly. Turning away she almost broke into tears at the thought of having all this, having a husband who loved her. But Noah didn’t love her, this was all pretend and she wasn’t sure her emotions were up to this kind of strain.

“Umm, Noah I’ll catch up in a while I need to be alone for a while.”

“Is everything ok?” he asked looking concerned, it was all she could do to shake her head in reply and Noah took her gently by the hand to lead her into a secluded part of the garden. “We’ll join them later; now tell me what’s wrong.”

“I don’t know if I can do this.” Khya whispered to him. “You’re asking me to be part of a family I’ll then have to leave. I can’t go through this process all again. It’s like being adopted then discarded which hurts more than any thing else you can imagine.” She turned away from him and stared down at the golden coy carp circling the lily pads in the glistening pond, her own eyes glistening with unshed tears. Noah listened silently a frown creasing his forehead, before wrapping his arms around her and pulling her close to him.

“I won’t just discard you I pr…”

“You what?” she retaliated pulling away from him. “You promise? Never ever say those words no one ever means it lest of all you, you simply just paid me to be here and I don’t know why I accepted I should have realised I’d be sucked in and hurt.”

“But Khya…”

“Just leave me alone!” she shouted and hitching her skirts and shedding her stilettos on the grass she ran back up the garden and through the house, slamming the door of her room behind her. Collapsing on her bed she let the tears flow freely. She wanted to be part of a family but she was too scared to let herself become part of one especially a fake one.  Her whole heart was conflicting with itself and it really hurt.

In the garden Noah couldn’t bring himself to move. He didn’t mean to hurt her so, but it seemed it was too late. Bending down he picked up her discarded shoes and made his way back to the house, skirting the wedding guests and going into the kitchen.

“Monsieur Dawson how can François help you?”

“I saw Khya come in here earlier. Do you know her; I know you know all the up and coming chefs in -?”

“Ah my petit sous chef, yes, yes, I trained her myself. An adorable siren is she not? How did you catch the sad mermaid though?”

“She cooked for me once. Why do you call her the sad mermaid?”

“Because of the beautiful hair, this has grown so since I knew her and is back to its original colour I see. But I can’t tell you why she is sad, though I know much, because it is not mine to tell.”

“Thank you Francois, can you have something sent to Khya to eat she hasn’t touched a bite all day.” Francois nodded in reply and Noah left to appease his mother’s growing curiosity. It seemed that she managed to swoop down on him as soon as he had closed the door.

“Where has your wife gone Noah?” she sounded doubtful as to her existence and Noah knew he had to say something to shut her up.

“Khya, my wife, was feeling ill and went to lie down.”

“I still don’t understand Noah. Why didn’t you tell me? How long have you known her? What does she do?”

“I’ve know her half a year,” well half a day really he thought to himself, “We got married last month on the spur of the moment. I didn’t tell you anything, because I knew you would pressurise us. Khya is a chef…”

“A chef? Oh never mind, I’m not going to ask. Is she ok, what’s wrong with her?”

“I don’t know mother, I’m going to go and check her.”

“Perhaps she’s…”

“Don’t even go there mother, we have been very careful.” Noah scowled at her for even thinking it. And they had been careful, so careful they hadn’t done anything. “Now go and speak to some of the other guests, and leave me to comfort my wife.”



© 2009 Jules


Author's Note

Jules
just be honest like always :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on September 20, 2009


Author

Jules
Jules

wouldn't you like to know!



About
Hi I'm Jules! i am 19 and have writen seriously since about senior school. i will read literally anything although not erotica and i'm not big on poetry :S i love romance stories and am a sucker f.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Jules


Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by Jules


Part 2 Part 2

A Chapter by Jules