Storm in a Tea Cup

Storm in a Tea Cup

A Chapter by Jules
"

what can i say with out ruining the chapter :D

"

Despite the bright sunny day, the weather turned quickly in the dark of the night and a storm rolled in with a loud crash of thunder and the heavy patter of the rain against the window. The crescendo of the storm grew and a bright flash of lightning and a loud clap of thunder woke Khya with a start.  Her face was damp as if she had been crying in her sleep and the house was eerily quiet between the sounds of the thunder, making her feel small and very much alone. As the room was lit up by another flash of lightning Khya made a hasty decision and slipped out of her dressing gown to put on the negligee Quinn had given her, her only piece of night wear. She couldn’t face Noah completely naked but she wasn’t going to stay here alone. The wooden floors were cold and she ran down the corridor light footed until she reached the door she’d seen Noah come out of earlier and stopped here.

Noah lay on the rug in front of the fire feeding it with new paper and wood relishing its comforting glow on his bare skin. The storm had woken him but he enjoyed listening to the throws of the storm and had stayed awake. He heard a small knock between crashes of thunder and rolled over to face the door. Khya hesitated then pushed the door open slowly, standing in the doorway. Noah stared at her, her skin glowing in the soft light and her curvaceous body highlighted by the floating silk negligee. Thunder clapped over head and startled Khya fled into the room towards the warm fire.

“Khya what are you doing there? Come and sit down this rug is lovely and soft.” Khya came towards him hesitantly and then tripped over the rug and fell into his lap.

“Are you ok?” she nodded in reply and surprising herself at the intimacy of the gesture she buried her face in the soft sparse hair of his chest. Lightning crack overhead and she trembled in his arms and he pulled her closer.

“No you’re not.” He laughed lightly and smoothed her hair with his hand. “Afraid of the storm?” He already knew the answer but asked anyway. “You’re afraid of a lot more than you let on aren’t you? That feisty personality is just a shield, well I like you a lot more like this, under my protection, in my arms.”

She peered up at him and Noah stared back, eyes soft and blazing with love, melting the last of her defences and making her cry again.

“See what you do to me!” she hit him playfully, braving a small smile. He smiled back glad he hadn’t hurt her again but was protecting her. Hugging her more tightly lifted her from her lap and carried her over to his bed. Her eyes widen at his destination. Holding her with just one strong arm, he pulled back the covers and placed her down carefully tucking her in with gentle hands and wiping way her stray tears with the corner.

“You stay here and I’ll be back in a second.” He hurried from the room and into a separate bathroom, perching on the closed toilet seat to try and get his emotions under control. Her beauty and vulnerability attracted him almost to his breaking point and it took all his will power to remain chaste around her. Splashing his face with cold water he return to the room quietly and found Khya curled up in the centre of the bed quilt thrown back, covered in only a thin sheet and face buried in his pillow. He climbed in next to her and was surprised to feel her trembling, making him stiffen with apprehension as she looked up at him eyes wide. He touched her shoulder gently and she almost flinched away.

“Are you afraid of me?” he asked voice cracking with fear and a tear trickling down her face, she nodded. He let out a low groan and put up a hand to her hair.

“Why? How can you think I would hurt you, I love you and all I want to do is protect you.”

“You still don’t understand how hard this is for me do you?” her voice was barely a whisper but Noah was focused on every word above the storm.

“I want too, I really do but how can I when each effort I make to get close you leave me behind with no clue on how to help?” her eyes welled up again and Noah gathered her into his arms, ignoring the fact that she remained stiff and un-responding. He stroked her hair in a gentle, repetitive method and gradually her head nodded sleepily against his chest. Khya fought the sleepiness over whelming her and the way he made her want to relax against him, but he soon found her head resting against his chest and her breathing the deep and relaxed kind that only came with sleep. Her comforting heartbeat against his body relaxed him and he soon dropped of too.

 



© 2009 Jules


Author's Note

Jules
just be honest :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 20, 2009


Author

Jules
Jules

wouldn't you like to know!



About
Hi I'm Jules! i am 19 and have writen seriously since about senior school. i will read literally anything although not erotica and i'm not big on poetry :S i love romance stories and am a sucker f.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Jules


Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by Jules


Part 2 Part 2

A Chapter by Jules