Breakfast- No not at Tiffany's

Breakfast- No not at Tiffany's

A Chapter by Jules
"

breakfast at noah's sisters :D

"

The window pane, wet with raindrops, glistened in the early morning sun and gentle warmth still emanated from the burnt down fireplace. Noah stirred sleepily, wrapping his arms more tightly around the warm soft body lying next to him breathing in the scent of her hair deeply. Khya’s body moulded to his instinctively in sleep and her head nestled into the crook of his neck. She was deeply asleep, feeling secure and safe in Noah’s arms, the safest she had ever felt. The internal body clock Noah had, had woken him up earlier than he would have liked and his eyes fluttered open slowly adjusting to the light. Groaning he rolled onto his back, his arm trapped under Khya’s light body and she snuffled in complaint her body arching back towards him, craving contact. Noah stiffened as she rolled almost on top of him, a leg straddling his. Soon he could stand it no longer and squeezed her arm gently, planting a soft kiss of her fore head.

“Khya,” he whispered, “Khya wake up sweetie I need to get up.” Her eyes opened slowly and she looked up at him blearily.

“Why am I here?” she croaked, rolling off him and pulling the sheet around her.

“The storm, remember? You were scared and I let you sleep in here but I need to get up now are you going to be ok in the house alone?”

“Alone? Where are you going?” she sat there looking small and confused, making Noah want to wrap her in his arms and protect her.

“I have to work to do, I inspect various hotels on Sundays when they lest expect it and I said I would see Kirsten today.”

“I don’t want to be alone. Can I come with you?”

“I can’t see why not and besides Kirsten wants to met you.”

“What should I wear?”

“What ever you like, now off you go and get ready; I’m going to shower, dress and I’ll meet you downstairs to leave.”

“No breakfast?” Khya asked waking up more, surprised by the fact they were missing the most important meal of the day, pancake time.

“We’ll eat at the hotel’s we’re visiting and then I think Kirsten is taking us out for lunch.” Khya resigned herself to the fact that she would not be eating her fabulous pancakes and stood to go back to her room, waving sleepily to Noah who smiled after her and went to shower.

The hot water slowly woke Khya up and she suddenly realised that she had slept with Noah, literally slept so she supposed it could have been worse.  Dressing in the clothes she had brought with her, she plaited her wet hair tightly to tame its waves and rummaged in her duffel bag for socks and a jacket; it was cold after the storm, but Noah had forgotten them. She guessed she would just have to borrow some from Noah. Back down the hall she went and pushed open his door carefully, but the room was empty and silent. The wardrobe door was open so she went over and rummaged for a jacket, settling on Noah’s worn, old leather jacket that had been put up there before the wedding. After that she searched the drawers until she found a decent pair of socks, sitting down on his unmade bed to put them on and then nipping down stairs to wait, sitting on the bottom step impatiently.

Noah hummed happily as he showered, deciding he was rather looking forward to showing Khya what his life was like. Did she like the way he lived he wondered? Her life seemed so different from his and he wanted to help, but from what he’d learned about her past it had been difficult and she’d worked hard to build her own life; would she want help? The more he thought about the fake relationship they had, the more he could imagine it as though it were real but Khya didn’t think of him that way he was sure of it. As her husband he could look after her like only a husband could, wipe her tears away, hold her in his arms, kiss her soft mouth, just protect her from whole world. He day dreamed far too much than was good for him especially about things he couldn’t have. Pushing the thoughts from his mind he climbed out, wrapping a soft towel around his waist and went to get dressed. He should have been dressing smartly to go and inspect the hotels but having spent the last few days in formal wear he settled on jeans and a black button up shirt, pulling on black leather shoes and rummaging in his wardrobe for his leather jacket. But he was surprised to find it wasn’t there, perhaps he had left it downstairs.

Leaning against the stairs rail Khya found her self drifting of to sleep again in the warmth of Noah’s jacket. She woke up again abruptly when she felt a cool hand on her bare neck and turned to see Noah stood behind her smiling softly.

“Why are you smiling?” she asked looking up at him excepting the hand he offered her, letting him pull her to her feet.

“You look good in my jacket sleepy.” He replied smiling more broadly and she blushed feeling like she had invaded his privacy by wearing it but she felt oddly comforted by it. “Don’t worry I don’t mind if you wear it besides you look like you need it more than I do.”

“Thank you,” she mumbled in reply.

“Let’s get going or we’ll be late for Kirsten’s.” he practically ordered her leading the way out to the car. The journey to Kirsten’s wasn’t long but Khya dozed of quickly, giving Noah time to watch her although he should have been watching the road. They needed to talk later he decided, especially as everyone believed they were married now and they hadn’t mentioned it since the night of the wedding. Getting her to open up or agree to carry on the charade of marriage would be hard though. He wanted to learn more about her; he knew some of it like the fact she was adopted and had no family but did she have friends, hobbies, a favourite colour anything like that. Thinking hard he carried on driving, so lost in thought he almost drove past Kirsten's house and had to turning in quickly making Khya fall against the window heavily. She awoke with a start rubbing her now sore head and looking around her with sleepy interest.

“Where are we?” she asked softly making Noah look round at her smiling.

“You’re awake then sleepy head.” He said cheerfully pulling the car to a gentler stop outside the large house where Kirsten lived. “We’ve gotten to Kirsten’s so everybody out.” She pushed the door open with what seemed like great effort that sent Noah hurrying around to help. Looking up at him gratefully she took his offered hand with a giant yawn and tried to resist the urge to lean against him for support. She hadn’t slept so well in a long time feeling oddly comforted by his presence and just wanted to keep on sleeping, but she could tell how much Noah wanted her to meet his sister. She felt like such a fake though as if Kirsten would see right through their charade straight away. Or that she would make a fool of herself, being from such a different world from theirs as was blatantly obvious by the house they were stood outside off.

“You’ll be fine,” he whispered as the door opened and the pretty girl, well woman Khya supposed although she looked very young, whom she had only caught glimpses of the day before, stood there smiling.

“Hey big bro! And it’s nice to meet you Khya I would say I’ve heard so much about you except I haven’t Noah’s managed to keep you a big secret.” There was no malice or harshness in her voice but Khya could tell she was confused by the fact Noah had hidden their relationship from her; although it wasn't a real relationship but Kirsten couldn't know that. It was all very confusing, she would just have to rely on Noah to guide them through the morning with out any problems.



© 2009 Jules


Author's Note

Jules
just be honest like always

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

ITS SO COULD YOU SHOULD KEEP WRITING I JUST CANT WAIT FOR WHAT HAPPENS NEXT BUT WHO DID THE SISTER MARRY WELL KEEP ON WRITING AND IF I COULD GIVE YOU MORE POINTS THEN 100 I WOULD GIVE YOU 99999

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a really cool story! I emjpyed it

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 20, 2009


Author

Jules
Jules

wouldn't you like to know!



About
Hi I'm Jules! i am 19 and have writen seriously since about senior school. i will read literally anything although not erotica and i'm not big on poetry :S i love romance stories and am a sucker f.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Jules


Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by Jules


Part 2 Part 2

A Chapter by Jules