Prologue 1- 16 Years Ago

Prologue 1- 16 Years Ago

A Chapter by Jules
"

A happy childhood memory

"

Prologue (16 years ago)

 

 

Two small satin slippers lay hidden in the grass at the bottom of the giant oak tree. They were a pretty creamy champagne colour, in part, but the soft satin was marred with dark green grass stains and smudged with brown dirt. Their owner was no-where in sight.

“Alex! Alex!” a young boy called from the bottom of the hill, running through the long grass and up the hill. Leaves rustled at the upmost branch of the old oak and a small brown face peered down through the branches.

“Jonnie! Come and join me,” she called down to him.

“I’m coming little sis, don’t get huffy!” she laughed gleefully as he scrambled up to sit with her. He climbed slowly and carefully and alexia waited impatiently.

“Escaped your tutor again then?” she asked him with a grin. He grinned cheekily back.

“No I got sent to find you by mother. She got shown a lock of your hair by the maid. She’s worried you have done something rash and I can see you have.” He tugged a lock of her now short hair and laughed.

“Well I like it,” she objected fingering her elfin hair cut. It was slightly wavy now it was short and framed her heart shaped face. But she didn’t look boyish despite her slim child’s figure that had not yet started to develop into a woman’s. At four years her senior her brother was starting to grow into a man and starting to tower over her. He pulled her towards him with ease and pointed downwards sternly. Alex stuck her tongue out like the child she was and scrambled down ahead of him.

“Guess what papa brought me home today with him from London?” Jonnie called down to her from just above. He didn’t wait for her response. “A new horse! He’s a giant and as black as night. Great lines and a good jumper.”

“That’s not fair,” Alex grumbled below him. “Mama has already banned me from riding and now you have a new horse.” Jonnie just laughed as they dropped to the floor simultaneously. Alex slapped at him agitatedly, catching him sharply on his lower, bare arm. He yelped not expecting it and reached out for her but smaller and quicker she ducked his grip and ran, scooping up her muddied shoes as she went. Her small dainty feet flew over the ground as she ran, regardless of the long grass that whipped at her legs and the stones underfoot. Behind her Jonnie whooped excitedly as he ran to catch her.

Then suddenly he went silent and Alex looked up just as she ran directly into their fathers legs.

“Oomph!” she cried as she fell back to the ground, buried under the mountainous skirts she was forced to wear. The giant of a man who stood there laughed and scooped her up; straightening his favourite daughter’s skirts so her muddied petticoats weren’t on show to all and her head was uncovered.

“Alexia May Butler what have you done to your hair!” he chided her, placing her back on the floor. Alexia cast her eyes down meekly. “You look like a pixie May.” And that was all he said. She giggled and threw herself at him hugging him tightly.

“I love you Daddy, I missed you.” She whispered in his ear, letting the hair of his beard tickle her cheek.

“I love you too Pixie May.” And they laughed together. Jonnie watched them silently from a short distance and then ran on.



© 2009 Jules


Author's Note

Jules
just be honest- also sorry its boring so far it will get more interesting but this will get you use to the characters

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on September 30, 2009


Author

Jules
Jules

wouldn't you like to know!



About
Hi I'm Jules! i am 19 and have writen seriously since about senior school. i will read literally anything although not erotica and i'm not big on poetry :S i love romance stories and am a sucker f.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Jules


Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by Jules


Part 2 Part 2

A Chapter by Jules