In My Life

In My Life

A Story by LadyRouge
"

Random thoughts I jotted down

"
Lately I've been actively seeking God in my life. I'm not quite sure what changed, but now that I feel He is closer, I feel better about things in my life. Its hard to explain ... the best way I can describe is, I'm not alone at any moment, I always have someone there with me; it makes me feel secure from the moment I wake to the moment I sleep. I have a strong belief in God, so for me He has always been there, but I would say that I was more or less ignoring Him. I want to make it my goal to not just turn to God when I need him. I thank Him everyday for the things I have, because although things aren't perfect, I know that someone may have even less than I do. It's like your family and friends, you can't expect them to be there just when you need them, you have to show them respect and love everyday. How else can you expect them to be there for you when you do truely need them? I feel the same way about God.
With all the hardships people are experiencing, I think faith is something that everyone could use right now. Sometimes it's hard to say everything to family and friends, but I still have someone to turn to in God. At the beginning of this year I started to attend church. There are those who do have faith, but don't see the reason that they must attend church. I myself don't believe that I must attend ... it's like when you want to be close to your family and friends you go to them ... to where they live, and for me, I feel that much closer to God when I'm surrounded by a bunch of people who also believe as stongly as I do. I believe that God does live within each of us, but being with a large group of believers makes His presense that much stronger for each of us. For me church is not only a place for praise and worship, but a place to learn and connect with others who have as stong a belief as I do. It's hard to judge how people will react when you start to get religious. For this reason I truely enjoy and understand the need for church. When you are interested in something, or have a hobby, the best place to meet people with your same interests would be a club or group, which is exactly what church is for me; a way to find people whose belief in God is as stong as mine.
I don't expect everyone I know to have all the same interests or beliefs as me ... for one that is what makes us all differenet ... unique, and oh so interesting. I would never change that!!! Everyone, in my book, is entitled to their own belief of God, no matter what or how they think of Him. I may not agree, but I will not judge!

© 2013 LadyRouge


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love it when you share about how ur life is going. It's great you found a friend in God. My faith is not so strong now, but there have been times when with out God, I wouldn't have made it thru the night mares of the life I was leading as an addict.

I remember when it all turned around- I was driving to Detroit with this retired autoworker I met in AA. We started talking about God. He said something like, "Well I just talk to God like he was sitting next to me..." Just that simple knowledge helped me thru a very difficult time.

Thanks for sharing, Love & Hugs, charly

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
1 Review
Added on March 6, 2009
Last Updated on February 25, 2013

Author

LadyRouge
LadyRouge

Phoenix, AZ



About
Hello. I have been a writer for as long as I can remember. Poetry in particular has been my heart and soul for many years now. more..

Writing