no sound

no sound

A Story by S. Liberace

    No sound. There was not even a whisper in the dank depths of the abandoned Underground. The Earth had ended, Mars' b*****d daughter had sought her revenge on her dying mother. It was an eerie calm that enveloped the dead planet. The Angels had gone elsewhere. Humans were gone, as well as Earth's extremities-- the trees, the flowering plants, the fungi. Spirits of the Mother were lost to existence. The demons and fallen Angels of that world were left burned, buried, and forgotten, God having abandoned them for fresher soil as to plot new plans and ideas. 

The darkness which created them consumed them and, to this day, they scream prayers and hymns, "Help-me"s of untellable sorrow, requests to see deceased lover and their parents, whose dust twisted with the cruel wind.

 

It was grey on Earth, barren. It had been 20 years since the world ended and though the ground moaned, there was nothing crawling on the surface, only memories of things long gone.

 

I am a survivor of the Underground. I lived through the days when humans could see the sky, when they would sing to the moon and they named that unreachable paradise "Eden". To them I would be supernatural, a creature of flight and enlightenment. I would be said to have beauty and wisdom and I would be able to bear thousands of woes and joys all-together. To them, I would be an invincible swan...

© 2009 S. Liberace


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it. A few notes:
1. "Mars'" is actually "Mars's". According to the rules of grammar, singular nouns that end in "s" get the additional s.
2. I don't understand how trees, flowering plants and fungi are Earth's extremities...
3. This is really well-written.
4. I like the last paragraph. Makes you wonder who the narrator is...

Nice job!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 27, 2009
Last Updated on October 7, 2009