Thoughts on democracy

Thoughts on democracy

A Poem by Lai Labode
"

Contemporary thought on democracy . "Democracy is the most ingenious concept ever conceived by man , every nation deserves it's fullness" Lai Labode

"

"Thoughts on Democracy: “21st Century political slavery is characterized by the failure of the people to act in defense of their right to chose who embodies the peoples authority and their inalienable right to pursue their full measure of happiness as first class citizens. Do not sell your vote". Register to vote,Vote and Defend your vote. Lai Labode (12th April, 2010)"




"Thoughts on Democracy: “Democracy is defined as the enthronement of the will of the people in the governance of the people and to the benefit of the people through the vote box. Do not sell your vote”. Register to vote, Vote and Defend your Vote. Lai Labode (11th April, 2010)."


Thoughts on Democracy: "What shall it profit a citizen who mortgages his vote for money and looses the fullness of the power to shape the destiny of a people? Do not sell your vote". Register to vote, Vote and Defend your vote. ( Lai Labode, 9th April 2010).


Thoughts on Democracy: “The citizen may passionately complain about bad or insensitive governance as much as he wishes, but what truly counts is the citizen’s fulfillment of his civic duty by making conscious democratic choices. A vote cast is the greatest single duty of any citizen towards a collectively desired prosp...erous Nation for all. Do not sell your vote”. Register to vote, Vote and Defend your Vote. Lai Labode (8th April, 2010).



“The destiny of every Nation starts like a shapeless stone, your vote is your chisel, protecting it is your hammer, with every vote cast, you shape the destiny of your Nation. Do not sell your vote”. Register to vote, Vote and Defend your Vote. Lai Labode (6th April, 2010).



Thoughts on Democracy: “The ‘foolish man’ who casts vote is much wiser than the ‘brilliant man’ who doesn’t. I have chosen to be ‘foolish’ to make a difference with my vote” Do not sell your vote. Register to vote, Vote and Defend your Vote. Lai Labode (3rd April, 2010)


Thoughts on Democracy: “It is laughable for ‘siddon look �" Nigerians’ to expect democracy to work. Democracy doesn’t work; it is supposed to be labored by the people who truly desire its dividend. Don’t sell your vote”. Register to vote, Vote and Defend your Vote. Lai Labode (2nd April, 2010).


Thoughts on Democracy: “The parable of democratic choice is in its freedom to continually ‘elect’ to fail or succeed. Every vote is a stamp of success. Don’t sell your vote”. Register to vote, Vote and Defend your Vote! Lai Labode (1st April, 2010).


Thoughts on Democracy: “Democracy is always a critical Super Eagle match at the world cup finals, the players are the politicians, the coach is compulsorily the electorate. Only the ‘coach’ may choose his ‘players’. Don’t sell your vote”. Register to vote, Vote and defend your Vote! Lai Labode (31st March, 2010)


“Democratic choice is the only civic power that can be legally ‘abused’. A voter is at liberty to change his mind 1000 times before a vote cast”. Don’t sell your vote! Register to vote. Vote and Defend your Vote! Lai Labode (30th March, 2010).


Thoughts on Democracy: “Democracy asks: How much political malfeasance can you as electorates term as almost politically irredeemable? The voter answers: As little as the smallest deliberate or avoidable negative effect on our pursuit of happiness as people. Democracy must for all time be a judgment of the people, by t...he people and for the people”. It is a ‘sin’ to sell your vote ! Lai Labode (29th March, 2010)


Thoughts on Democracy : "The irony of a democracy is a guarantee that all bad policies , non-responsiveness and abuse of mandate by any government must be ultimately blamed on the electorate who have made the choice in the first place . Democracy is always a luxury of options. Do not sell your vote" Register to Vote , ...Vote and Defend your Vote ! ( Lai Labode , 26th March 2010)


Thoughts on Democracy: “The ‘sexuality’ of a truly democratic choice is determined by the men and women whose lives are directly impacted by its manifestations. The voter is the ‘god’ of a nation’s social, economic and political destiny. Don’t sell your vote”. Register to Vote, Vote and Defend your Vote! Lai Labode (25th March, 2010).


Thoughts on Democracy : A democratic process destined for a prosperous outcome for a people can be likened to the activities of the palm wine tapper , as the tapper must labour without short cut to reach the 'promised wine` , so must the people labour a democratic process with deliberate choices for an enduring opportunity... to pursue their full measure of happiness . No true Democracy manifests without a people's deliberate labour” Register to vote , vote and defend your vote. Lai Labode (24th March 2010)


Thoughts on Democracy: “Democracy is not a fairy tale whose ‘happy ever after’ stays in a dream or belief realm, sometimes in perpetuity. Democracy is reality that rules our lives with its telling manifestation in the pursuit of our individual happiness. It rules only according to the choices we make or accept as a peo...ple. Democracy is always a celebration of choices” Lai Labode (15th March, 2010).


Thoughts on Democracy: "Democracy is a perpetual political weakness trapped in the consciousness of those who know the difference between inalienable right to freedom and the entrapment of even the best of a benevolent dictatorship, I am entrapped" Lai Labode (13th March, 2010).




© 2010 Lai Labode


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

INTERESTING QUOTED HERE ON THE PAGE ON THOUGHTS ON DEMOCRACY...GIVES THE READER A BIT MORE INTO THE FACTS...AS I READ EACH AND EVERY QUOTE DOWN THE LINES...THANKS FOR SHARING THIS WITH US AT THE CAFE...

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

853 Views
1 Review
Added on April 12, 2010
Last Updated on April 13, 2010

Author

Lai Labode
Lai Labode

Abuja, West Africa, Nigeria



About
I am Lai Labode , a very proud African . I am an incurable optimist . I love politics , music and poetry . more..

Writing