Meggie

Meggie

A Chapter by Wingless Fallen Angel
"

“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” ― C.S. Lewis

"
Meggie sighed and rolled her ankle around in boredom. She leaned against the tree, eyes raking the green foliage around her. She had figured at least Rochelle would show up. She sat on the stump next to the tree, playing with her braid. Within moments, she caught sight of a green sweatshirt slowly making its way up the hill. She soon locked onto Rochelle's frowning face. When Rochelle got within hearing distance she snapped, "Really Meggie? On TOP of the hill? Me and hiking don't really get along."
Meggie laughed. "Of course not, Rochelle. But the top of the hill where we all first met? It's the obvious choice." She then saw a flash of pink and a steady black form moving up the hill. Haley and Brady were here.
"MeggieMeggieMeggieMeggieMeggieMeggie!" Haley squealed quietly. Brady rolled his eyes at her. Meggie smiled.
"Hey, Haley. Hiya, Brady. Been awhile, strangers." The two siblings flashed me identical smiles. 
"Hey, Meggie," Brady replied. 
Brady and Haley went to a different school than Rochelle and Meggie. They were about the same age, however. Brady was the oldest, though nobody ever guessed he was. Everyone, upon first meeting them, thought Meggie was the oldest. Meggie, in all actuality, was the youngest. Haley was born the same day as Brady (twins, of course) and then Rochelle was born a month after. Then Meggie. 
"Megs! We're all here. Whatcha want to meet about?" Rochelle snapped, still mildly irate. 
"We're all graduating tomorrow. We need to do something silly and a little childish before we do."
Haley was immediately on board. "YEAH! That sounds epic!"
Rochelle shrugged. "Sure. Hunger Games?" 
Brady nodded in approval. 
Meggie laughed. "No, silly. More like... TAG! You're it!" she darted away. 
Rochelle growled angrily. "OF COURSE I'M IT!" Haley took off with Brady, opposite of Meggie. Rochelle followed them. 
Meggie slowed down. She was panting, and tried to quiet her breath. She could hear the shrieks and giggles of her friends in the distance. She looked around and took in her surroundings... and didn't recognize it. Any of it. She couldn't have run that far. "Haley? Brady? Rochelle? Guys?" She took off sprinting back the way she'd come. Branches whipped her face and dirt stained her pants. Suddenly she tripped and fell to the ground, scratches and smears appearing on her cheeks. She turned to see what had tripped her.


© 2013 Wingless Fallen Angel


Author's Note

Wingless Fallen Angel
Short chapter again.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You have to write more! I would definitely love to read more. You seem to have a strong plotline. Perhaps you could describe the characters a bit? Other than that, I like where you're going with this story and I am definitely interested in reading more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Wingless Fallen Angel

11 Years Ago

There are going to be (hopefully) five books. One for each character. And then the finale. They won'.. read more
Harley Rose

11 Years Ago

wait who is the fifth character?
Wingless Fallen Angel

11 Years Ago

no fifth character. The four individual, then all four together.



Reviews

Yes deffinatly write more!

Posted 11 Years Ago


You have to write more! I would definitely love to read more. You seem to have a strong plotline. Perhaps you could describe the characters a bit? Other than that, I like where you're going with this story and I am definitely interested in reading more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Wingless Fallen Angel

11 Years Ago

There are going to be (hopefully) five books. One for each character. And then the finale. They won'.. read more
Harley Rose

11 Years Ago

wait who is the fifth character?
Wingless Fallen Angel

11 Years Ago

no fifth character. The four individual, then all four together.
Such suspense... Love It! More Please.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

427 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 13, 2012
Last Updated on September 20, 2013
Tags: egg, dragon, girl


Author

Wingless Fallen Angel
Wingless Fallen Angel

Lake Ann, MI



About
I'm Wingless Fallen Angel, obviously. Call me WFA, Wingless, Fallen, Angel, or any combination of the above! I love to write and read and not do arithmetic. I'm open to talk to you, about whatever. Me.. more..

Writing