Thinkings of the Night

Thinkings of the Night

A Poem by LlamaLord
"

a poem about whether or not to doubt love

"
The wind flies through obscurity as if being lifted by ground itself.
Darkness invades the cool damp grass only to make my loose blue jeans wet.
But the time of day nor my soiled, dampened pants can ruin such a beauty.
Singularity brings thinking time and lonesome sights for all of our eyes to see.

Rubber-grips on the bottom of my shoes scratch the sidewalk and feed the silence.
The endlessness of the night brings peace to my mind and power to my sight.
As the hills remain quiet and night carries with it cold,
my thoughts render subjects my eyes see, but my heart is never told.
For the hidden secrets within our lives are for sure worth the pondering.
So my mind swarms the mysteries that keep me afraid and wondering.

Have the actions I've thrown forward become too much of a fast ball?
Have my adrenaline pumping mistakes left your heart at raw?
Do you know my love or desire to know me at all?
Or will I, as your lover, continue to catch you when even your feet fall?

My consideration is overwhelming to the calmness of bedtime.
For my way home is a long walk back following familiar signs.
Turning around, the positives are but a glare in the distance.
A foot touching home base, but only now realizing our true deliverance.

We have gone through forests of admiration and walked across lakes of passion.
No trails or bridges, because our love is all we need to receive the cash-in.
The reward for making a path of prosperity and a building a bridge of sincerity.
The way away from home was a walk in the night.
But I can see clearly now, because the walk back remains in the light.

© 2010 LlamaLord


Author's Note

LlamaLord
A poem/story about a lover doubting the love of his/her companion, only to turn and realize that the good-side of the relationship is always worth thought as well. (and something doubting is worth the thought at all)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

well written
to me it reads a bit more like a story
but i like it
well done

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is really very well written. The plot is really very interesting and striking and you have penned the essence of the plot so perfectly with your words.
As a poem, the structure could have been much better...but undoubtedly it will make a great prose.
Very well written and so true indeed!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 21, 2010
Last Updated on January 21, 2010

Author

LlamaLord
LlamaLord

Nashville , TN



About
Thanks for reading my work and / or visiting my page. Most of this writing is older. I was in my early teens when I started writing but took some time off about six years ago. Believe it or not, these.. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by LlamaLord


The Park The Park

A Poem by LlamaLord