Walking Away

Walking Away

A Poem by LlamaLord
"

-

"

What's happened to the love we once shared?

Erosion threatened the heart, but neither of us cared.

Awaiting the day one of us will say I've had enough.

But I ask you when you're saying it, to remember us.

I'm a sick boyfriend with endless needs and mind that keeps running.

I'll ask the world of you, take that world, and give you nothing.

You think I don't see myself tearing us apart.

But when the time comes and the sky falls,

Enough will have been said to break your heart.

I'm not good enough for you nor do I deserve any part.

 

But when you see the end baby, look at the good not the bad.

Both of us know what we've been through and the love I should have had.

Think about long car rides and sunny days filled with our favorite songs.

Countless hours spent under the full influence of love, where we both belong.

Don't focus on the fighting and don't focus on the tears.

We've had our minds set to the wrong time, but it's brought us closer over the years.

 

Maybe I'm a little crazy and not cut out for the perfect fit.

In this puzzle of love, realize perfection is the nose I was trying to kiss.

For with love, there are no standards, no guidelines, no nothing.

However, in each others eyes, we must truly see something.

Whether it is the perfectly lit smile or the glowing blue eyes I always admire,

Nothing compares to the love I have for your love. It'll never grow tired.

 

Sometimes we each need attention and sometimes we each need to give it.

I won't argue I'm the cause for things unsettled in the world that we live in.

Use perspective and knowledge to see these mistakes and let's work to fix them.

Easier said than done, fighting has never been the goal, but merely a shake of the rim.

Let's work passed these mistakes we both make and create a relationship worth carrying on.

What we have already, I'd give anything for, just to hear the next song.

 

There's nowhere, ever, I'd rather be than sleeping in your arms.

Hold my head and play with my hair, but keep your baby from harm.

The need for attention and the need for affection are both controlled by you.

Keep me warm and keep me comforted, because it's the only place I know that's true.

 

The reason I've stopped writing is because words can longer describe my feelings for you.

To express my true love for you, we have to be happy, alone, together, honest, and true.

Let me talk to you about our love and release whispers that send you chills.

Listen while I'm talking, I don't do it too much. The pain of silence is what truly kills.

 

I'm sorry for all the things I've done and the hurtful words I say

But the worst feeling I can imagine is knowing that you're walking away.

© 2011 LlamaLord


Author's Note

LlamaLord
None the less, a poem completely focused on, not only realization, but also lessons learned through-out hardships we all experience in relationships. When a partner truly acts as one with another, happiness is either there or lost in the woods somewhere. Cherish relations and don't take advantage of what is brought to the table. In the end, all you were looking for in the beginning was happiness and someone to share that happiness with. Looking back, I can say the times I've spent with my baby are far more valuable than any other times I can remember, only because they are still cherished today. The poem was written carelessly so everything is in an odd place. Not my best, not my worst, but I'm writing to explain a point/feeling more than anything. Also, a few lines are in there from SOJA songs. Thanks for reading

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

308 Views
Added on October 20, 2011
Last Updated on October 20, 2011

Author

LlamaLord
LlamaLord

Nashville , TN



About
Thanks for reading my work and / or visiting my page. Most of this writing is older. I was in my early teens when I started writing but took some time off about six years ago. Believe it or not, these.. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by LlamaLord


The Park The Park

A Poem by LlamaLord