Understatement Of The Upmost Degree, Vile Matriarch

Understatement Of The Upmost Degree, Vile Matriarch

A Poem by Alana McGuire
"

Please don't give up on me..

"

I'm sorry.

Cue the latest understatement, shall we?

I'm spent.

Spent on everything that abolishes my euphoria and tugs and toils at my sanity. They want my soul, I do believe.

I regret.

Unleash the tidal wave. Oh, how much I would relinquish and erase if I only I was stronger. Better. Braver.

I know.

Believe you me, I am well aware you deserve so much better than I have conjured up to offer in my feeble, anemic hands.

I'm pathetic.

Haunting feelings taunt me when I am at my worst, gnashing and coercing their hideous heads. I cause such dismay.

I'm buried.

So far below in the smog pit, staring with glassy, lifeless eyes as cold, numb limbs hang by my side. My side, where you have always prevailed.

I'm afraid.

Fear edges its way inside as it seeps through my nerves with every agonizing minute that passes by. You're my luminescence through the coal black atmosphere. Hence my idiosyncratic aurora borealis.

I'm lost.

Without your reassuring smiles of captivation. Surely the rain would reign with mockery upon my solitude.

I'm drowning.

Why must I displace your outstretched hand of grace with so many nights I cast myself into the flood of my pitiful actions?

I'm a disgrace.

Darling, how can you bear to look upon my face with such constant fidelity when I am queen of failing you? Such a vile matriarch to suit.

I'm sorry.

All my unheard pleas and prayers, please, Darling, please don't lose hope in me. I may have deteriorated your once reverence of me, but you have not an inkling of my sincere remorse. Bona fide guilt, grief from the contrition I may have caused you. Just stay with me, for I'll not have my better portion gone astray, whilst I yet remain breathing.

© 2012 Alana McGuire


Author's Note

Alana McGuire
Reviews are always welcomed! But please don't tell me to shorten it. I can't. Hahah :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Beautiful monologue. I can feel the desperate emotions simply leaking through the pores and edges of the poem. The whole idea...I can imagine myself lying broken on my bed and whispering it to someone in a form of apology for everything that has been...
This is so sincere, so utterly raw but then again refined that it feels like you've given your whole soul and being into it while writing.
And that's just beautiful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Without your reassuring smiles of captivation. Surely the rain would reign with mockery upon my solitude

OMG!!!! This is so deep and passionate, I dont know what to say.... Its Just..... Wonderful!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love the last line, I absolutely love it. It just makes so much more sense of the whole thing, and ties it all together. Your writing is really beautiful.

Posted 12 Years Ago



3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1470 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on December 20, 2011
Last Updated on June 29, 2012

Author

Alana McGuire
Alana McGuire

About
Hello! My name is Alana, and I'm really glad you're on my profile. I love chatting, so send me a message anytime! I also love reading new poetry, so feel free to add me and we can share our words.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sugar and Sun Sugar and Sun

A Poem by Muse