Veteran's Day

Veteran's Day

A Poem by Alana McGuire
"

dedicated to our proud veterans :)

"

 As a man died on the cross to save his people, so many men and women have died in war to save their fractured country. Have you forgotten their sacrifice, so that you may breathe life?

Did you not wake up in a free country, as a free citizen?

Did you not wake up warm in your beds, safe, free from harm?

Did you not wake up at all?

Veteran -noun: a person who has served in a military force, especially one who has fought in war.

Let us not, for one mere second, allow ourselves to think that our veterans are not to recognize for the many luxuries we are permitted to enjoy daily; the simple luxuries that we so often take for granted. Oh, my dearly beloved friends, I cannot stress to you truly enough, just how respectably a veteran stands. Majority of us cannot begin to conceive the cost of their service for us all. They relinquish their luxuries and time with their loved ones, so that you may live life as you desire.

John chapter 15 says “Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.”

Such an honorable sacrifice, to offer your very being, for the protection of your friends,

Your family,

Your entire country.

If only, we, as a country, would echo their intense passion for humanity. It is hard to fathom how entirely different we would be. How intriguing to ponder. Oh but that would be much too desirable, too unrealistic, a dream far beyond this consistent reality. I would surely bare witness of snow crystallizing the dust of the heated ground in the midst of July, before our country as a whole would reflect the deeds of our creditable veterans.

We should proudly proclaim our faithful support for each humble man and woman. They say to give respect where it is due; concerning a veteran, it has been, is, and will always be due.

God bless our cherished veterans of the United States of America.

© 2012 Alana McGuire


Author's Note

Alana McGuire
Reviews are always welcomed!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yes I really admire the gallantry of this poem spoken from the heart of someone who values and appreciates the sacrifices of her country's war veterans. I myself especially admire the WWW2 war veterans and their sacrifices for the sake of a free world.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow! Very very touching and heartfelt, you actually made me tear up and my vision a bit blurry from those tears. If this were to be a assignment on Veterans I would say an A plus without any doubt. This was very beautiful, touching, and it speaks so much that we all should be thankful for and open our eyes to. Enjoyed and loved this! Almost got me speechless on this, you seemed to just say everything needed to say in this. They deserve that memory and respect indeed, alive or passed into God's hands. Nicely written. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 20, 2011
Last Updated on January 12, 2012
Tags: veterans, veteran's day, war, military

Author

Alana McGuire
Alana McGuire

About
Hello! My name is Alana, and I'm really glad you're on my profile. I love chatting, so send me a message anytime! I also love reading new poetry, so feel free to add me and we can share our words.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..