Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Karianne

Robyn.


    Am I dead? It was kind of hard to tell. I opened my eyes, and I was outside of the car. Standing, watching the cars stop to get a look at the crumpled mess my car now was. Jake is going to kill me, was all I could think. Until I looked into the car, and saw puddles of blood on the windshield, and all over the road. I looked down at myself. No cuts, bruises. Nothing. How was I even awake? I distinctly remember hitting my head pretty hard against the window.  


          A car door slammed, and a guy stumbled out. He had a long deep cut along his forehead, and a black eye. He looked very familiar. Did I know him? I walked closer, and watched as he observed the mess of metal. He peered around my upside down car, and gasped. 


“Oh, God. Oh my GOD.” I raised an eyebrow. What’s his problem? I cleared my throat, but he didn’t look at me. A siren sounded somewhere down the road. He started sobbing. “Listen, dude. I’m okay. It was my fault anyway…” He collapsed to his knees. I leaned down and touched his shoulder. 


     “Dude.” I shook him. He didn’t move, or look up. It was like I wasn’t even there. The sirens got closer, and more people gathered around, gaping at my car. “Hey, people. I think he’s sick,” I pointed to the guy crying. Some people started crying, others pulled out their cell phones. I walked up to someone, and waved my hand in their face. They didn’t respond. Is this a dream?


     The ambulance arrived, along with a fire truck and half a dozen police cars. A police officer jumped from his car, and put his hand to his gun. “Sir, I need you to put your hands behind your head…” Another started pushing people away from the cars, while they looked into my car. “She’s still in there. I think she’s breathing.” He thinks? 


“I’m right here.” I waved, but they all rushed past me. They took out this electric saw thing to cut open the door. I cringed when they turned it on. It was like nails on a chalkboard. So what is happening, exactly? Am I just dreaming, or am I really dead? How could I be dead though. Isn’t there supposed to be a bright white light and angels singing as I walk up a long cloud bridge? 


     I was never really the religious type, so I didn’t know what to make of this situation. Until they got the door off, and carefully started pulling something from the car. It was red, and limp. Unmoving. “Get a stretcher!” Some guy shouted.  I looked back at the other paramedic as he rushed to get the stretcher. When he disappeared behind the truck, I turned my attention back to the people huddled around something on the street. I walked closer, and peered over the people kneeled on the ground. It was a person. I bent down next to it, narrowing my eyes. “Outta the way!” 


Everyone snapped to attention and cleared a path for the stretcher. Out of curiosity, I stood right in the path of the stretcher and the injured person. The guy didn’t slow, and didn’t yell at me. He went right through me. I blinked, and whipped around. How is that even possible? I had to be dreaming. And if I was, then that means I could wake up. But for the moment, I wanted to know who the injured person was. The stretcher and the people around it moved too fast for me to see the person on it, so I jogged to the ambulance and crammed in with everyone else.


     It was hard to tell if the thing in the ambulance was even human. The face was mangled, and bloody. Bones stuck out from different parts of its body, and the clothes were torn and dirty. Who was in my car when I crashed? If I was out here, this had to be someone else, right? “Do we have a name for her?” A paramedic asked. A cop shook his head. “No, but I imagine we will soon. Hopefully they’ll find her license in her car.” A girl, huh? I scanned the body. I think I’m ready to wake up, I thought to myself. The ambulance abruptly stopped, and the back doors flew open. 


“Let’s go, get her to the E.R.!” They moved swiftly and fast, careful not to trip over anything. I slipped out before they closed the doors.


     I leaned against the ambulance and sighed, thinking of ways to wake up. The guy was driving came around the back and shook hands with a cop. “I think we have a name,” the cop said, voice firm. He produced a piece of plastic that burned and mangled. “Are you familiar with a Miss. Robyn Diaz?” 


I looked up sharply. The ambulance guy shook his head. “I don’t believe I am.” Then he shrugged. “Just another kid who shouldn’t have been going too fast. I hope they can save her.” The cop ran a hand through his thinning hair and removed his sunglasses. “She was a beautiful girl. Heaven knows she won’t ever look like that again.” The exchanged short farewells and parted ways. The only thing that I could think was, this is a dream, right?



© 2011 Karianne


Author's Note

Karianne
This is the second chapter of "You're Not Really Here, Are You?"
Please review/comment. Any feedback is appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on August 19, 2011
Last Updated on August 19, 2011


Author

Karianne
Karianne

Brandon , FL



About
Hey, my name is Karianne. I like to write and draw, but mostly I'm on tumblr. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Karianne


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Karianne