Thoughts

Thoughts

A Poem by Laura Garcia

Sadness creeps over me, welcoming me back to the bottom like an old friend. 

Dulness and pain is everything my heart is feeling. 

Numbness fills up all of my body reminding me that I’ve hit rock bottom; once again. 


The late nights staring at the dark nothingness of my ceiling while sad tunes fill my tears and rivers of tears roll down my cheek,

My ears are then filled by sad tunes that become the background music of the horrible thoughts I have.


 I’m always wondering if there really is someone out there to come and help me,

and for someone to help understand since when has looking at myself in the mirror ever been so disgusting? 

When most of the time I have to change in the darkness of my bathroom so I don’t see myself. 


But you know what they say: be strong, you’ll get through this, you’re a fighter. 

The reality of it all is that you don’t know the first thing about me. 

You don’t know about the demons I fight everyday that are constantly yelling at me to end it all.


 You don’t know about the knot in my throat reminding me of just how emotional and fragile I am. 

You don’t know that I control this pain by giving me more because remember: no battle is won without a little bit of pain. 

© 2020 Laura Garcia


Author's Note

Laura Garcia
What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Intense in its sadness. Your lines reminded me how my grandson felt about himself five years ago. He was loved very much, but at that time he didn't love himself. He truly hated everything about himself. Your lines were painful to read. My grandson is doing fine now. He got therapy and he is now in a good place. Not perfect but he has learned coping strategies and that makes a huge difference. Your writing is very descriptive, the reader can feel the emotion. Writing is a therapy itself.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
1 Review
Added on December 10, 2020
Last Updated on December 10, 2020
Tags: sad, lonely, nights, thoughts

Author

Laura Garcia
Laura Garcia

About
Hello everyone! I am a teen who loves to write since it's a way I get to express myself and everything that's going on in my life. Some other things that I like to do are reading, cooking, coloring, a.. more..

Writing