wake up alone

wake up alone

A Story by Laura

I poured myself over you as the moon spilled into the cracks of your blinds. You sat, your back to me, and I tried to become the source of your attention once more. I carefully traced the small of your back with my middle and index finger. Still, nothing. You bore your eyes further into the small sliver of light before you.

I wanted to know so badly what had been keeping you so focused, so enticed. It wasn't me, it usually wasn't. I gathered my jacket and tossed it around my shoulders, walking carefully up the stairs and out your back door. Your eyes didn't shift from your spot, even as the wind slammed the door shut behind me. I stepped into the night, realizing I had underestimated quite how dark and cold it really was. Everything was still, silent. It felt as though I had just interrupted an intimate moment.

 I clenched my jacket closer into my chest and searched around with my hands, eventually finding the trampoline. I pulled my body up onto it, and I lay down. I sighed, and watched my breath rise in the cold, like a thousand souls escaping. He was always like this. Distant- he always seemed so far away, like the stars that danced in the black above. I never felt close to him, even during those times where we went far, farther than most.

The little cracks escalated, and before we knew, it was too late. I closed my eyes and waited for sleep to carry me away. I heard that door slam again, and soon, you were beside me. You didn't say anything, you didn't even look at me. You just lay beside me and watched the same distant stars, under the same sky. It seemed so gentle, fragile almost. I woke in the morning, the moon replaced by the demanding rays of the sun, and you were gone, again. What is simple in the moonlight, by the morning never is.

© 2012 Laura


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LL
A nice story you have here. I assume it's not fiction, seems like a first hand experience here.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Full of description and a flow of almost tense emotion, you have crafted a piece that pulls us into that world and allows for us to live it, rather than just read it. Great Ink! It's always a pleasure to read your works. =)

Aaron

Posted 11 Years Ago


A Wonderful writing of longing Wanting, Waiting.... Purely Excellent.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

432 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 30, 2012
Last Updated on September 2, 2012
Tags: night, love, cracks, dark

Author

Laura
Laura

NY



About
hello! my name is laura. i find writing to be a major aspect of my life and i try my best to turn my feelings and thoughts into words that people will enjoy and hopefully be able to relate to. but abo.. more..

Writing
ghosting ghosting

A Poem by Laura


bloodstream bloodstream

A Poem by Laura



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Night Night

A Poem by Courtney


The End. The End.

A Poem by Courtney


like smoke like smoke

A Story by Laura