Light becomes me

Light becomes me

A Poem by Laura E. Aranda
"

Dedicated to my husband

"

In your light, I learn how to love                                In your light, I learn how to love

 

Eyes met, Hearts embrace, Fingers interlace

Hopes, fond distant dreams aroused, forgotten love no longer a memory

Shroud of darkness you uncloak, the wine of your passion you let me taste

Inspiration, you are art, light, sound of music to my soul

 

In your light, I learn how to love                                In your light, I learn how to love

 

 

 

 

 

© 2008 Laura E. Aranda


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A beautifully penned dedication for your hubby~ Very nicely donE!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was beautiful. I like how you have the line "In your light, I learn how to love" written around it in a smaller font, it gives it an ethereal feel. It's almost like I can hear it whispered softly in my mind as I read this poem. And the poem itself is written so well, so lovely and romantic.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Beautiful piece. I love how you was able to convey such emotion in just a few lines.
Very good write.. and thank you for your review ; )

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh my this is really amazing... what a true loving poem for your hubby, I am simply in awe of just how beautiful this is.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Beautiful poem! I loved every last passionate stanza...

"the wine of your passion you let me taste
Inspiration, you are art, light, sound of music to my soul"

Pen on poetess!

Helena :)


Posted 15 Years Ago


What a loving ode to your husband. I like your use of the reference to wine. We must be of similar minds in that our titles are similar and I too have used this reference before. Thank you for sharing your immense talent. Congratulations on a loving relationship.
Light,
Siddartha


Posted 15 Years Ago


sniff sniff... this is sooo beautiful!!! It really makes my heart feel all tingly!! I'm so happy for you... to find a love like this is pure joy. Absolutely wonderful write, emotionally charged and poignant. LOVE IT!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I loved the repetition of the phrase and how it was a different font style and kind of floating around the piece; what a fantastic write for your love - be sure and show it to him!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

336 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 21, 2008
Last Updated on August 21, 2008

Author

Laura E. Aranda
Laura E. Aranda

TX



About
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there. Rumi You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep. ~Navajo Proverb One of my favorite po.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..