Fallen Blossoms

Fallen Blossoms

A Poem by Laura Hegfield
"

Paying attention to the small stuff.

"


The smallest of things seem to attract my eyes. Blossoms released from their stems, freed by the weight of heavy rain; their satin smooth petals against the rough surface of the driveway.





I notice them immediately as I step out of the car, so frail and tender, vulnerable, exposed. Perhaps it is an awareness of the brevity of their existence that awakens deep gratitude within me, causes me to stop, breathe, wonder at the beauty of this world; these tiny gifts strewn at our feet, easily missed by those who walk faster than I am able.




Images and Text Copyright © 2011 Laura Hegfield

© 2011 Laura Hegfield


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Eeh! What a beautiful flower, and a lovely compliment to an equally, if not moreso poem....it's funny, when you are struck by an illness of somesort or have visited so close to death's doorstep you find it within yourself to notice the smaller things, the slight, hidden pieces of vulnerability people seem to often overlook. A very nice piece, especially towards the end ♥

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The flower that dances within your heart must be a beautiful flower indeed.
Cause all you did was look down at your feet and saw a flower in need.
So Out came your pen and you wrote a tribute the flowers that lay in your drive.
A fine tribute I have read and the pictures made the flowers again come alive.

Very nicely done Laura.


Posted 11 Years Ago


A most dilligent and renouned piece, beautiful imagery and flow, wel done

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautiful piece of write. A new take on stopping to smell the roses.


Posted 12 Years Ago


Hi Laura. I consider myself fortunate in that I don't have an illness or impairment that stops my enjoyment of a normal lifestyle. From as far back as I can remember I've felt that way and it was with that mindset that I read this excellent piece.
I returned from Gulf War 1 ('90/'91) in one piece and that in itself refreshed my outlook and reinforced my gratitude. This piece of yours is a shining light when there are so many content to write of petty issues and how bad life is to them.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love that you wrote this poem about one of the small things in life that no one usually notices. But its these small things that people miss that make life great. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


All the beauty around us. Sometimes we fail to see because of all the concrete propaganda that is thrown at us. Sad. This is a beautiful write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

such an elegant reminder to notice what is important

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, so many reviews...I was not expecting this! I have not been able to read all of your posts and respond to everyone individually yet. Please do not be offended. I have limited energy...part of why I have not friended everyone in return. It will take me time to catch up, but I appreciate every single comment, thank so much!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awesome! So many ignore the wonders around us, in their greed for synthetic and live in a plastic society ignoring the bounty that nature provides us.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1176 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 19, 2011
Last Updated on June 19, 2011

Author

Laura Hegfield
Laura Hegfield

NH



About
I'm a mother, wife, photographer, writer, blogger, lover of life dedicated to paying attention and gratitude. I also live with an uninvited guest, Multiple Sclerosis. It has slowed me down so that my .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sssnake Sssnake

A Poem by Muse