Fallen Blossoms

Fallen Blossoms

A Poem by Laura Hegfield
"

Paying attention to the small stuff.

"


The smallest of things seem to attract my eyes. Blossoms released from their stems, freed by the weight of heavy rain; their satin smooth petals against the rough surface of the driveway.





I notice them immediately as I step out of the car, so frail and tender, vulnerable, exposed. Perhaps it is an awareness of the brevity of their existence that awakens deep gratitude within me, causes me to stop, breathe, wonder at the beauty of this world; these tiny gifts strewn at our feet, easily missed by those who walk faster than I am able.




Images and Text Copyright © 2011 Laura Hegfield

© 2011 Laura Hegfield


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Eeh! What a beautiful flower, and a lovely compliment to an equally, if not moreso poem....it's funny, when you are struck by an illness of somesort or have visited so close to death's doorstep you find it within yourself to notice the smaller things, the slight, hidden pieces of vulnerability people seem to often overlook. A very nice piece, especially towards the end ♥

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

they were born to be frail and tender and beautiful that is their place..also to be loved.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Laura Hegfield,

Indeed beauty in all things can be so easily missed. We are robots trained to rush past, not-so-much as a momentary lapse of focus. Somehow we remember things as they are meant to be - just not how we were meant to remember them.

Life hands us paraphrases handed down generations coined as gently as: don't forget to stop and smell the roses or as harsh as don't let life pass you by.

Our lifes are unbalanced and ritualistic *so much so we forget to ponder on the smallest blessing*.

Blessings become curses sometimes and curses become blessings... we should all be so lucky as to slowly enjoy life, as it is much too fast.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful world,

Have a great day,

Legacy

Posted 12 Years Ago


Lovely write, by looking at small things in life, we learn that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes.
Simply beauteous!

Posted 12 Years Ago


beautiful simply beautiful [: i loved it very much and i loved the pictures. very well written.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this. This is why I like to look and wander and learn.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TJ
We should all stop sometimes to take in the natural beauty all around us :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is beautiful done. We should all stop and take a moment to enjoy the beauty around us.

Posted 12 Years Ago


amazing & beuatiful, like this write alot.

Posted 12 Years Ago


We tend to take the small wonders for granite, if everyone would just take the time to look around and enjoy the simple things in life, the world would be a better place, at times its those small things that help calm our turmoil...wonderful reflection on simplicity.

Posted 12 Years Ago


this is amazing i like the comparison to a flower you are a poet kep on writing !!:)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1176 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 19, 2011
Last Updated on June 19, 2011

Author

Laura Hegfield
Laura Hegfield

NH



About
I'm a mother, wife, photographer, writer, blogger, lover of life dedicated to paying attention and gratitude. I also live with an uninvited guest, Multiple Sclerosis. It has slowed me down so that my .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Grey Grey

A Poem by OT


Sssnake Sssnake

A Poem by Muse