THE WOLF GODDESS CHAPT3

THE WOLF GODDESS CHAPT3

A Chapter by Larry Dyson

“With Child”

After the attacks and the “One on One” confrontation with the bar patron the elders became quite concerned for the new found familiarity the pack was developing with the city folks and A hunt was set after the town Meeting ...elders setting the common folk into a frenzy of retaliation….for supposed attacks on them…actually the only one touched and maybe harmed were the 2 lazy guards who both were quite inebriated and not…. in their right minds….SO maybe it happened or? Active imaginations have been known to make heros of drunkards…and their stories...well lets just say not the most accurate in the telling….So now she is in seclusion and her pack protects her from the marauders… the good citizens of the township and the mercenaries they have hired to hunt down the pack and HER….

Having the time to ruminate and dream her dreams she is lost in the “old book teachings” reviewing the lore and natural teachings of her tribe ..yes she is one of many that “once were” a tribe of half wolf and half human that evolved to deal with the hardships of this place...and yes I said reviewing the books ..for she had the last collection of her tribes writings in bound copy of skins and parchments that the elders preserved for the future race.. she had the inate ability to read and ciphor the runes.. .she was making ready for her child ..He that would lead after her and he would fulfill the prophesy of the old books..the prophesy that said a new stronger leader would be born to a lone she wolf …one who could read and ciphor the humans writings and would join the 2 nations once again in Harmony ….but alas many things would have to be done to over come the prejudice and hate already formed and resurrected …in the form of the human Elder Councel…surely it would be a grand accomplishment and culmination of a prophetic writing to have the Son who would deliver all ..”If Only they would follow… HIM..? She wondered …would they ..well only the times and the unborn One would know and his education was her charge…many others would enter their life and would teach as well but she had not read that far into the books just yet..The time of the birth was at hand for being ½ wolf her gestation was excellerated ..in between the 2 species .. ..so as she made her nest for comfort and wondered at the hugeness of her belly ..for she had no female mentor to explain and ..yes she was frightened..and confused ..but she appeared to be in tune with her nature and those of the township who also were heavy with child..and as she walked the closely guarded woods and narrow rocky cliff she became aware of a solitary presence of female nature who was living a nomadic life in the caves of the foothills…she observed her and at some times believed she was being observed as well.. until the day they stumbled upon each other ..She had become due and was having pains and had stopped to catch her breath and her legs became wet ..not he leaking of her urine but the waters that bore the fetus ..the child.. gushed over her legs and she cramped strong ly and let out an involuntary groan and moan and the other was close and heard her ..wary at first the female human approached under cover and as she surmised the wolf woman was in child birth ..she labored hard and had layed down where she was in the trail…the female human approached warily and the wolf woman watched but could not flee so she accepted the consolation and assistance of the female as a midwife and as she traversed the path of labor as all women of all kinds have done for ages they became friends of need and bonded with a new promise bond of Human and Wolf kindred…contd….. “After Birthing the One”



© 2012 Larry Dyson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 4, 2008
Last Updated on October 1, 2012


Author

Larry Dyson
Larry Dyson

Tomball /Magnolia, TX



About
WARNING!!--- my writing approaches Mature most of the time, read with caution if you are concerned ,or so WC thinks? - I'm a retired southern woods walker..who writes and lives modestly..I love n.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5