Dirty

Dirty

A Poem by Larry Dyson

Do you remember...?

 

 without anger...

 

can you remember a love devoid of emotional pitfalls...

 

 would the feelings grow ...?

 

estranged from the soil ...

 

 dirty dirty soil....

 

can love grow and bloom ...

 

...without the dirty soil?

© 2012 Larry Dyson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I used to believe, when I was younger, that love without lust was like mashed potatoes without gravy; bland and passionless.
But, as I get older, and fall deeper and deeper in love with my lady, I see there are times when lying on a blanket, looking at stars, or picking backberries, or laughing until we cry at things that are only funny to us....are just as satisfying as a thunderous roll in the sheets.
I'm learning. I'm growing.
But, some moments, I'm still more dirt than love. lol!
The curse and blessing of being a warm blooded mammal I suppose.

Cheers!
This stirred me.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like the thought behind this. The disconnect many of us feel between instinctive lusts and civilised loves is the cause of many difficulties. I note you don't answer the question directly, though your implication is clear. And anyway the soil ain't dirty, tis full nutrients, the stuff of life. We need that vittuous dirt. And it is noticable how people often speak patriotically of the country's soil and how some will go about kissing the earth, though these days it's usuall airport tramacadam. Maybe it is only our minds that make it dirty. Our instincts are OK with it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hmm, interesting thoughts here. All relationships have to have their ups, downs, complications, and that urge to fight through them, work through them. After all, nobody is perfect, and no relationship is perfect.
There has to be some foundation on which to base a relationship.
I like it!

Posted 12 Years Ago



4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1176 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 13, 2012
Last Updated on April 13, 2012

Author

Larry Dyson
Larry Dyson

Tomball /Magnolia, TX



About
WARNING!!--- my writing approaches Mature most of the time, read with caution if you are concerned ,or so WC thinks? - I'm a retired southern woods walker..who writes and lives modestly..I love n.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Biting Back Biting Back

A Poem by Bubo


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic