The Risk of Love

The Risk of Love

A Poem by Une coccinelle
"

Photo Credit: http://www.handmadeology.com/making-the-case-for-handmade/

"

One heart four corners, safely contained. From all things tainted or woefully untamed. Admired at a distance through perfect glass panes. The best place not to break it, so there it remains. Its pace like a metronome, kept in perfect time. No heart flutter butterflies or beats left behind. Yet, in its confinement it seem a bit out of place. Like a bird in a cage or a winner without a race. Separate and secluded, no harm can intrude it, yet something is still amiss. 


It seems the four corners, of this beautiful glass box have created quite the paradox. For love requires a bit of risk. Like Russian roulette or running with sticks. Someone might get hurt, yes this is true, but what if discomfort brings something brand new? Something the heart never experienced before, being contained and confined, with no room to explore? There must be an even safer place than the sharp edges and corners of this hardened case. Where the heart is given room to grow.  Steadily learning to know the rhythm of passion, the fondness of beats, that happens with someone whose life you complete.

© 2016 Une coccinelle


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a wonderful write, very true words you speak. A lot of people shield their hearts and build a very tall wall around it, they claim they want to shield out hurt and pain. But they have no idea that it's the hurt and pain that actually makes the heart better, stronger and bolder. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Une coccinelle

7 Years Ago

Thanks for the review!! I really appreciate your thoughts and am glad you agree. Pain isn't always a.. read more



Reviews

This is a wonderful write, very true words you speak. A lot of people shield their hearts and build a very tall wall around it, they claim they want to shield out hurt and pain. But they have no idea that it's the hurt and pain that actually makes the heart better, stronger and bolder. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Une coccinelle

7 Years Ago

Thanks for the review!! I really appreciate your thoughts and am glad you agree. Pain isn't always a.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

291 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 25, 2016
Last Updated on April 25, 2016
Tags: #lovepoems, #protectedheart

Author

Une coccinelle
Une coccinelle

Seattle, WA



About
I began writing more regularly a few years ago. Poetry began as a way to express emotions that seemed too much to process. As time has passed, it's been fun watching the shift in content, the ease of .. more..

Writing