Do You Love Me?

Do You Love Me?

A Story by Lauren
"

A conscious talk between a Father and His daughter.

"
A little girl gripped her Fathers arm and asked, "Daddy, do you love me?"

Her father looked down to her with a smile and answered, "More than you'll ever know."

She looked up to him with a new bewilderment in her eyes and asked another question. "Daddy, how much do you love me?"

Her Father took no time to spare as he asked her a question. "How much do you love your dolly's?"

His daughters eyes gleamed as she spoke again. "Oh Daddy I love my dolly's so very, very much. I love them more than I love myself." She hugged her free arm around herself and twirled back and forth.

"Well, then I love you more than you love your dolly's." She beamed brighter with a large toothy smile.

Some time passed as the two traveled down a long wide road, the sky painted a vast array of majestically soft colors that whispered lullaby's to the passing sun. The little girl looked down for a minute, her mind lingering in her thoughts. Then she looked back up and said, "Daddy, I love you, too."

"I know," He replied ever so meekly. "I've known that since before you were born."

The little girl pondered his words. Then moments later she tugged at his hand again. "Daddy?"

He looked down to her when the words from her mouth sounded saddened. "Yes, my sweet child?"

"Why do you love me? Everyone thinks I'm stupid and slow, don't you?"

He lightly laughed and picked her up into his arms, then said, "Never, you are my child, a hand-crafted work of beautiful art that I spent years on before you were even thought of."

"If I'm so special, why did everyone hurt me?"

"Earth is a place filled with mean people, my child, and hiding from evil is hard. Even though you thought everyone hated and hurt you and was never there, I never left your side and I was with you every second."

"Why did you make me leave?" She asked curiously.

"There is a time and place for everything."

"Even for me?"

"Especially for you." They stepped up to large gate and the girl looked up with awe at the beauty that stood like an iron giant before her.

The little girl tugged at her Fathers robe. "Daddy, where are we?"

"Home, right where you belong."

"Will anyone hurt me here, Daddy?" She looked back to the golden gate that shimmered like a thousand suns. Peace washed over her and a calm smile spread across her face.

"No one will ever hurt you here."

Her Father let her back onto her feet and then lent out his hand. She stood hesitant for a moment before resting her small fingers into his. The gate opened up for them and they began to walk through. The little girl asked, "Daddy, do you love me?"

He smiled down at her and answered one more time, "More than you'll ever know."

© 2016 Lauren


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow!!!
I never thought the story would be like this after I saw the title...
this is different. I love poems and stories related to father and daughter. U often write abt my dad... I am happy to read such a beautiful story...
There is a lot of stuff about humanity and how evil finds us everywhere except home... great!!!
I loved the way you described it...
The second line should include "ever" rather than "every" though...
good piece.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lauren

7 Years Ago

Thank you, I'm glad I could write something close to home for you :) Thank you for your kind words, .. read more
Anindita Janhabee

7 Years Ago

you're welcome and keep writing!!!
Ani : )
Well firstly WOW to the ending, if I am reading this correctly then the gates were heaven and the Father knew no one could hurt her again. Such a beautifully written talk between Father and child, with the innocence of youth and the understanding of age blended into a complete picture that neither one of them will fully see. So softly written I wasn't even aware of my eyes moving across the page. Beautiful.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lauren

7 Years Ago

Thank you. . . I think I might cry now. You were reading it correctly, and I love how you felt all t.. read more
Lorry

7 Years Ago

Well, I don't understand myself much either, so it's good to know I'm on someone's wavelength :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 6, 2016
Last Updated on September 6, 2016
Tags: God, Father, Daughter, Love, Walking, Life, Talk

Author

Lauren
Lauren

About
Old but I'm not that Old. - Teacher - Artist - Writer - Aspiring Curriculum Developer Want good writing music? Check out the artist in my link! more..

Writing
Becoming Becoming

A Poem by Lauren


Today Today

A Poem by Lauren