Thank you for that Funny Thought

Thank you for that Funny Thought

A Story by Lauren
"

A random writing exercise

"
I wanted to come by and say thank you for that funny thought. If you don't remember it, that's because you were far too drunk to even know what you were speaking. I was your designated driver, I've never even touched alcohol, but you were a heavy drinker some days - and that brought along funny results. 
You said to me something that I'd never, ever, heard come from you before. I pondered over it, after I dropped you off at your apartment and you waved goodbye, when I was alone in my car. I stopped under a light, it cracked a little, and I jumped, and you would have laughed because you knew me too well. 
I thought over what you said, and I that night I didn't get much rest, because I needed to know its meaning. You're a not very deep person, someone I know as a friend, but not nearly close enough to know everything about me. Maybe you should become more drunk so that I can talk to you more clearly - maybe you'll stop laughing at my thoughts and talk back. 
Yes, you gave me a funny thought. You also gave me a cold chill. After you said that odd, odd sentence, you gripped your hand down my arm and I could feel you thinking. It's not like you to be so inquisitive toward life, but maybe getting you drunk is the only way life can understand you, and you life. 
Your question made me tired the next morning, I got no rest. I then spent that day pondering the question as I met you at work and laughed off the night. I didn't mention the question, because I knew you wouldn't understand it. You also would have become defensive that you would never say something so outrageous. You often thought yourself so small in this world - but maybe you're just too big. 
That's okay, that's where we're the same. We're both too different for this world of conformity. You are more able to live in this world, but I can't, not like you do. I know it's why you look at me differently when I laugh at something I can see, but you can't. I don't expect you to see it, I just hope you understand. And you do, but I see now that you don't understand fully until you're drunk. 
So maybe tonight, when I invite you over, I'll make sure there's extra alcohol for you. Because I need to know the answer to your question, you're funny, funny question. 
I wanted to come by and say thank you for that funny thought.

Who would you be if you were born someone else?

© 2016 Lauren


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

the tension build-up was almost too much but now knowing the thought, the reader is plunged into the shared 'chain-letter-thought'.
This was skilfully executed and drew a wry grin on my face.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 14, 2016
Last Updated on October 14, 2016

Author

Lauren
Lauren

About
Old but I'm not that Old. - Teacher - Artist - Writer - Aspiring Curriculum Developer Want good writing music? Check out the artist in my link! more..

Writing
Becoming Becoming

A Poem by Lauren


Today Today

A Poem by Lauren