Cranium

Cranium

A Story by Leah Maldonado
"

Just a really short story on thinking.

"

When thinking the conscious thought, one uses a combination of symbols, sights, sounds, and memory. Most Mondays my intracranial operations misfire creating trialogue with me, myself, and I. Sometimes I find myself being an introvert, slipping into a confined room inside my head, where I make observations about oddly sized bicycles and tricycles. Oh the symphany of intracranial operations that happen in a day! The silent bursts of laughter, muttered insults, and superfluous remarks. My poor brain, buzzing from the constant stream of questions and daydreams, wobbling in my head trying it’s best to find some kind of equilibrium. It will only rest when I am dead and gone, and only exist in the supernatural.

© 2008 Leah Maldonado


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Ah, highly amusing report from the skull-cave, the proverbial bats in the belfry.

What burbles through this labyrinth of cognition is an espresso blend of thoughts, feelings, sensations, intuitions -- a plethora of brouhaha.

You're hitting on something with this enjoyable bit of prose-poetic reflection. And that is the profound and enigmatic strangeness of the devices called human, in this case focusing on the cabeza.

Your poetic voice is like that of a bemused observer of a beehive -- one that is the physical vector of her own ruminations -- how strange!

Good work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


What happens with unconscious thoughts? Or are they just weird sensations? I know I can speak without thinking (I just did)

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

....personal and entertaining.
we are not all the same but,
for a silly, crazy few--
life is more than 'what 2 do?'


Posted 15 Years Ago


I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who --

has multiple and conflicting conversations echoing in
his head.
And
has daydreams about tricycles and bicycles.

C-

What happened to the editing feature on this site?

[*symphany --Symphony

*trying it's best -- its]

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh the symphany(sp?) of intracranial operations that happen in a day, indeed. You've done a good job of capturing a moment's and simultaneously, a lifetime's, worth of extraneous thought within a few short lines.


Posted 15 Years Ago


This is stunning.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

440 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 18, 2008

Author

Leah Maldonado
Leah Maldonado

PDX



About
I'm Leah, I write. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..