Continuation of Curious incident of the dog in the nighttime

Continuation of Curious incident of the dog in the nighttime

A Story by Viet Le
"

The story is an adaption of the curious incident of the dog in the nighttime, by Mark Haddon who was a great writer, he helps me to experience the perspective of people who has aspergers syndrome.

"
239. I was in my basement looking for Sandy's toy, he's my Golden retriever. He ran downstair and left his chewing toy down there and the place smells like saliva and although the place was clean because Rachel and mom cleaned it yesterday when I was at my office working with Mr. Dennis about my articles about the Swindon soccer team won the Tournament of Inter-towns. I found a book that I wrote 10 years ago and it looked like this.

 

I heard Sandy barking and it was 4:00 p.m, so it meant Rachel coming home after her job today. I grabbed the toy in the back corner of the basement and the book on my right hands and ran upstairs to say: "Hello, you're beautiful" because that's what she liked to hear from me.
And she said: "Hi, honie." I wasn't bothered by this because that was a 'nickname' she made for me, there's also 'teddie bear'and 'sweatheart' and 'boo' and she tends to call me that on a daily routine, usually starts with 'boo' and ends with 'teddie bear'.
"How was your day?" she asked me, her eyes are blue and her blonde hair waved as she walked in, she was wearing a white blouse and a black skirt.
And I replied: "It was fine, I found Sandy's toy", which was a white lie because I didn't want her to find out about my book because she might laugh at me for it and I don't like being laughed at.
We went to the kitchen, I made me some beans and tomato and for Rachel her favorite omelette. Rachel always complains about her day at work, mostly about her boss is a pervert and her co-workers are jerks. All I can reply to her is: "everything is going to be fine." because that's what dad always say to mom after they got back together after the incident.

241. Ten years have passed ever since the incident between mom and dad and Mr. Shears and Mrs.Shears and Wellington and my A-level Math test. I saw some blank pages after my last chapter 233 so I decided to write more in my freetime at work because work is very boring, they make you work nonstop and when you're free, they still expect you to do something. I'm working for a publishing company at Swindon called Swindon Advertiser at 100 Victoria Road SN1 3BE Swindon. Though I didn't get my dream job at the Swindon Lab, but having a writing job is good as well, I was working about little news that happened around Swindon where I live.
Rachel drives me to work everyday, I can't drive on my own because the street is very noisy and people honk their horns at each other like sometimes I see monkeys fighting each other for the banana treat. Parking is not always the same everyday, sometimes there are no cars and sometimes there are cars and sometimes cars are too close and sometimes cars are too far. My workplace is 15:20 minutes away if there is no traffic.
My office is quite small but quiet, Rachel talked to the boss about my condition and he gave me this office so no one can come in and tap my back or gossip. There's a picture of mom and dad and me and Rachel from my wedding, I was standing seperated with the others. There's also a typed paper from Mr. Dennis saying "deadline due 31/05/2016", he left these papers a lot because it keeps me a notice and it comforts me. There's the computer that I've been using for 11 years and 3 days, I didn't like to use the computer Mr. Dennis gave me because someone has use it before.
The deadline paper was for the article about the midfielder for Swindon F.C was injured during a fight on 24/05/2016 while drunk. Under the deadline paper there was the full story that I can use to write about because I can't write unless I have a source that is true.
I finished the article and it was 3:30 p.m, I started to play Minesweeper expert level for 1:30 hour, I beat my record of 29 seconds today.

251. Tomorrow is Rachel and I's third anniversary and I have to buy her a present because that's what men have to do and that makes women happy and it's better to keep Rachel happy. 
I met Rachel 5 years ago on the 26/05/2016 when I was 20 years old. We were sophomores at Swindon College, she came over to talk to me about the Algebra lecture we just had from professor Johnson ( it was about prime numbers and I was able to list my first thousand numbers for him ), she was very impressed of my memory. That was how we met.
Rachel was very smart and quick, she was on the college track team and she has a problem too and that was ADHD.
Rachel is very forgetful and sometimes in the middle of her sentence she stop and forgot what she was saying, she is still struggeling to remember my birthdate. She has to take medicines every morning and her medicine box looked like this.
 
She has 2 pills a day before breakfast and it keeps her focused and calm and if she forgets to take it she gets very excited, she can talk and talk for hours and most of the time never get to finish her topic before going to the next one. It was hard to schedule at first but now I'm used to it so she has been on time everyday.
Rachel loves animals as well, her favourite animal is the Pied Woodpecker that often be found in Wales, she has seen one when she was a kid and its pecking sounds and the red on its nape along with the black and white color was very beautiful and that's what I'm going to buy for her.

257. I don't like surprises, it is uncomfortable to deal with, it's not on a calendar or organized means anything could go wrong because there was no plans. When I was 4 years old mom bought me a surprise present, she showed it out of nowhere on my birthday and I had a shutdown, I collapse on the floor face down and started yelling, from then she has always ask me what I want beforehand.
Magic tricks can be listed as a surprise, a bunny out from the hat and a disappearing person and a cut-half woman in a box, they're just illusions for our mind, they're not real because they're called "tricks", meant that there's something behind it.
I was about to go out to buy Rachel a bird present, then I saw her open the door and it was a surprise because she was suppose to be at work today. I got very shocked and collapse with my hands over my ears because the car noises was increasing since I saw Rachel coming in, everything was blury and I fainted.
It wasn't a long faint, I woke up 30 minutes after and I saw Rachel making something in the kitchen, I got my bags and she asked me where I was going and I said that I have to go a store to buy a bird, which was a white lie, she asked if I need a ride and I agreed.
The pet store was 15:20 minutes away and we got inside, the place was gigantic has a nice smell like I was on a field of flower in the outskirt of Paris, France. There were all sorts of small pets: kittens and puppies and gerbils and mice and birds. I went over to the bird section and the nice smell follows there, there were a lot of birds. They come in different colors and sizes, at the third row in the middle there were a cage with the Pied Woodpecker and a name sign says Pied Woodpecker, Rachel came over and I pointed to her the Woodpecker, she gasps and hugged me very tight, I pushed her out because that was a surprise, usually she'd say she's going to hug me. She said sorry and I told her my plans and we bought a couple of Pied Woodpeckers, they were 19.99 pounds, the male has a red nape and the female didn't. 
We named them Adam and Eve, only because Rachel liked the names, I'd have name them Steve and Mitchelle.

257. 30/05/2016, Chris really loves his prime numbers doesn't he,
Hello, this is Rachel. I found this felling out from Chris' bag after he snapped and fainted, again today because I surprised him twice today: out from work early because it's our anniversary and bought him a present.
I figured this is his "go-to" place whenever something happens, so might as well help him fill out what happened.
After we got home from the pet store with Adam and Eve and put them in their purple cage which looks very cute. We had dinner. A friend of Chris came over to give congratulations and his name was. I only remember he has a very noticable tie which was black and white with a little Japanese going down す�"い means awesome, I know this because I really loved the Japanese culture and took some classes during college. He didn't get to meet Chris because he was in a hurry so he gave me a box of present which was really messy, the wraps aren't even all the way around and the left knobs are bigger than the right ones.I looked at it for a while until Chris told me dinner was ready. We ate. 
I forgot something that was very important to Chris and it has to do with him, no I remember the anniversary. I didn't take my medication today.
I was planning a surprise for Chris, thinking he'd love it. I hid under the table with the messy-wrapped present of his Japanese-tie-friend-of-Chris and my neatly tied present. Chris came downstair after his showered, I jumped out and yelled: surprise!!
Then I realized something, this just happened earlier today. 
You've been out for a while so I put you in bed Chris, I know you're going to write about this soon, means you're going to see this, means I'm going to leave a message for you, Teddie Bear.
Happy Anniversary, my love, I'll always love you for who you are. 
Also I'm sorry for scaring you.
Also I fed Adam and Eve.
Also Sandy pooped on the rug again, we have to teach him to use the potty, oh well it's too late now, he's old and stuffs.
Also I went through your book and it was adorable, love.
But let's just keep this between us.

© 2016 Viet Le


Author's Note

Viet Le
A note that the writer of this story has Asperger Syndrome, he have problems trying to see thing in a different way. He can just sees things in a straight forward pattern and that's why the story is so simple.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
Added on June 14, 2016
Last Updated on June 14, 2016
Tags: curious incident of the dog in t, continuation, adaption, future

Author

Viet Le
Viet Le

Ho Chi Minh city, South East Asia, Vietnam



About
I'm just writing for fun about things that inspired me. more..