Lessons uncompleted...

Lessons uncompleted...

A Story by Lee
"

More observation than story...

"

Have you ever been disappointed in someone? Have you ever felt that little nagging in the pit of your stomach? That little voice that keeps asking those questions you don’t want to answer?  Those things you don’t even acknowledge until someone asks those questions out loud and you sit there making excuses and trying to put a good face on it and you know that they know the truth? And you are humiliated to know that they figured it out before you did?


 And now you sit with the truth and have to acknowledge the disappointment in that other person. But most of all you have to sit with the truth and acknowledge the disappointment you feel in yourself for not seeing it before everyone else did, and the fact that this keeps happening to you over and over again.


Then you have to confront the issue within yourself and make a decision to fight for it or just cut your losses. Confront it or just walk away. If you confront it, are you strong enough to hear what you don’t want to hear, to know what you don’t want to know?


And you know that if you hear what you don’t want to hear, you will probably still have to walk away…


So you swallow your disappointment and tell yourself it’s your imagination and turn that disappointment on yourself, reminding yourself how much you lack, don’t contribute, fall short and are undeserving.


And stick it out for another day, another month, another year.


Until there’s no more hiding the truth… and you have to walk away even if it’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done…

© 2010 Lee


Author's Note

Lee
Lessons learned about self...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Powerful. Currently there are people in my life going through the process of learning a similar lesson. If only we all could have your clarity!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Its amazing that you were able to capture these lessons in writing form.
All of the things you wrote of a very true, and that was capturing to me, because I can relate on multiple lessons, in which myself, I have learned over the time in my life.
You write the truth greatly.


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

351 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 24, 2010
Last Updated on June 24, 2010
Tags: lelvsdgs, heartsapocolypse, lessons, love, self, learning

Author

Lee
Lee

Eureka, CA



About
Writer, photographer, knitter, educator, reader, music lover exploring this brave new world I live in more..

Writing
Breaking Down Breaking Down

A Poem by Lee