Chapter 02

Chapter 02

A Chapter by Leo Bojalil
"

The beginning of times is lost and confused and one Space Traveler must explore the Universe to find the answer and maybe give back some concurrency to Time and Space or it should be the other way?

"

Two.


When someone starts a journey without a specific route you always get to the point where no matter where you go you’ll get. In that exact place is where the main offices of the Universal Congruence Agency are, a building approximately 43 stories high and I mention approximately because there is a strong discussion that says that there a hidden ones in-between floors, it’s logic that if there is one-third there should be quarters and halves and so on with fractional floors, but officially they only count 43, built with gray walls without much fun (it´s important to note that the color gray it´s in a legal process to be able of assign some more meaningful and joyful connotations and not always depressive and life emptiness relations)

Just within the halls where all the process and activities to preserve the Universal Coherence resides, inside their hierarchy we found the Temporal Coherence Agents. These Agents are the ones in charge of traveling across the Universe searching for this little glitches in time putting them under custody to be later processed by the proper authorities evaluating the grade of incoherence and knit the hole created in the temporal network (by the way, the temporal knitters make an excellent job, especially with the double future point and the iso-temporal cross point)

Just one floor below where the time knitters are it´s the third floor, at the back of it and near to the only functional drinking fountain there is a cubicle which at every hour issues an odor of strong coffee and occasionally a sugary scent from the glassed donuts. In this cubicle, you can find (within the office hours of course) two Agents wearing properly their name tags that read: Memo and Oficio.


Rarely these two agents got assigned a case that takes them much further of the communal lunch table or the bathroom, but there´s always a first time and that’s why a legal paper with the Confidential Title in it got into their tray for documents to process. The first who notice it was Memo, in charge of processing the incoming documents to the cubicle; with a carefree appearance and more relaxed dress code (if you say for just not wearing a tie) with his slightly out of orbits eyeballs cause by the daily consumption of Uberian Grain Coffee, he carefully read the document with only a reference number on it that increased his already altered state.


He got up from his seat heading to the other side of the cubicle to find his partner whom next to him always tend to increase the different body sizes and shapes of both of them, Memo being quite skinny, even for a human, was taller than the smaller and rounded body of Oficio whom was profoundly organizing and analyzing a chapter of: “The Universal Temporal Law” when Memo left the referred document at his desk. Oficio a little bit upset for the interruption arranged his glasses, slowly moved his abundant mustache, sipped his high-charged coffee (the fourth of the morning) and took the document totally relaxed, after reading the whole content of the document he kept watching it for a moment while Memo was starting to get a little nervous.


- So so, what do you think? "Memo asked with his breathy and whiny voice and biting his nails due to the anxiety.


Oficio cleared his throat, gave another sip to his coffee turning around and looking up to his cubicle partner.


- Well, we need to do the logical thing to do in this situation; we need to go upstairs to the floor 42 " Folding the document getting up from his seat.

The two agents arranged their name tags, checked that they had their correspondent ID Plate and made their way to the department of Ultra-Secret Missions located in the ante-penultimate floor.


The 42nd floor always passes unnoticed due to his high level of confidentiality, many ultra-secret stuff happens at the same time so you can always hear a constant whisper in the traditional gossip tone mixed with the ambiance music assigned to that floor. It was hard at first for Memo and Oficio to locate the receptionist due to the incessant and continuous clac-clac-clac sound produced when you overuse the computer keyboard, that´s how they realized that the receptionist had some finger implants that gives her another ten digits in each hand increasing the keyboard sound making it more baffling than usual.


Having located the receptionist, the agents approached the counter and could notice that she was a Saudi, a race with an evolution genetic mistake, they passed unnoticed most of their existence without truly knowing what is their real appearance and randomly guessing some of their parts; just so you know they pass so unnoticed that when the Universe realized the mistake of their genetic configuration and wanted to correct them it couldn’t find them. So, with a little bit of effort, the two agents got to see the name tag of Cindy over the desk and a squirrely voice but damn sexy addressed to them.

- How may I help you? "Cindy said while typing.


Oficio took a step ahead leaving the document in front of her; without stopping typing Cindy took with one hand the document reading the information. The agents couldn’t see when she nodded her head (or is it two heads?)  updating them about their situation.


- Your clearance has been approved, if you are so kind to pass to the cubicle number four so you could be assigned with the proper information. Thank you very much and have a nice day "she finished debriefing them while still typing.

The two agents turned around and the cubicle number four appeared right in front of them offering a seat where you could see Alex, a pretty nice human guy with a munchy and joyful complexion, his smile invites you to smile back. Both agents sat down and smile back.


- Good morning, my name is Alex and I will be your internal mission agent "addressing to them very nicely while checking the file documents-. For what I can see this is you first confidential mission " the two agents nodded, - Then I will explain to you what you should know to start as soon as possible.

Alex gathered the papers from the agents and took out from his drawer two cute little boxes delivering each one. Memo and Oficio took it with curiosity while Alex continued with the briefing.


- Special Agents Memo and Oficio, your secret mission with the confidential tag it´s inside the box that I just delivered to you, inside you will find a patch that you will need to take it out and put in your forehead right now.

The two agents opened the little box and took from the inside a pale purple patch with no odor whatsoever, they removed the adhesive paper and put it on their foreheads while Alex kept debriefing them.


- With the patch already on your forehead, the information will be downloaded directly into your memory and your body will absorb it in its totality approximately within a three hours frame and will expel the waste in the manner that your own physiognomy may consider adequate, so I strongly recommend to wear some fabric or disposable tissues just in case "the agents listened profoundly Alex’s words while the information related to the mission was rapidly downloaded in a matter of seconds.


While finalizing the download process in the agent’s brains, Alex took from the same drawer another two boxes just as cute as the previous ones delivering it to them very nicely. The two agents assimilated as much as they could from the downloaded information turning their faces to each other totally amazed by the entrusted mission making a gesture that could consider as “Now I know why this mission is so secret and confidential” kind of look.

Alex cleared his trout retaking the agent’s attention.


- In this other little box, you will find a small metal cube that contains all the tools that you will need for your mission. - He kindly smiled again making them notice that they were dismissed to commence their super confidential and top secret mission.



© 2016 Leo Bojalil


Author's Note

Leo Bojalil
© Copyright 2016 - All work is property of León Felipe Gual Bojalil, any duplication or reproduction of all or part of the work without explicit permission by the author is illegal.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on May 31, 2016
Last Updated on June 17, 2016
Tags: Sci-fi, space opera, space travel, funny, irreverent, fantasy, Artificial Intelligence, Gods, Universe, Time, Capitan Pijama, Captain Pyjama


Author

Leo Bojalil
Leo Bojalil

Montreal, Quebec, Canada



About
Human according to science but I have my doubts!! Up today a Freak all the way from my mind to possibly my soul. Illustrator and Dream Writer always manipulated by my inner monster who live betwee.. more..

Writing
Chapter Zero Chapter Zero

A Chapter by Leo Bojalil


Chapter 01 Chapter 01

A Chapter by Leo Bojalil


Chapter 03 Chapter 03

A Chapter by Leo Bojalil





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5