Chapter 06

Chapter 06

A Chapter by Leo Bojalil
"

The Universe conspired against itself and the beginning of times is lost and confused and only one Space Traveler accompanied with the first Transgender AI and a retired God must explore the Universe

"

Six.


Only a few beings in the Universe with grayish hue and regularized flavour consider as an honor being assigned to the Universal Congruency Agency, some others not so bureaucratized and standardized don't give much importance to a government position, but for Special Agents Memo and Oficio it is such an honour to provide the knowledge and skills to such distinguished organization with several years in the service. These two agents have shared a cubicle for a long time and thus have managed to synchronize their breakfast schedules, lunch and sometimes even toileting, obviously staggered for not leaving an unattended cubicle, they have a standard office job, nothing fancy or crazy and much less risky, always complying with their obligations within the framework of applicable regulations and monitored to the letter of each and every one of the processes to bureaucratize information, reason why they got surprised when the Agency assigned them for a field mission whereby for obvious and logical reasons they have absolutely no experience at all.


Shortly after Alex delivered the patch to download all the information from their mission, the Agents decided to take their first break and have lunch before starting. Both of them took out the second package which involves a metal cube allegedly including everything needed to fulfill the mission. The two carefully watched their respective cube waiting in line for access to the lunch room while still downloading information from the patch into their brains.


The lunch room was a little bit crowded that day, many employees got in line to heat their food, cool it and sometimes even killing it for fresh eating customs, but Memo and Oficio usually speed up their lunch break and always brought something that did not require standing in some line to get it done. They sought a not so crowded table and took their lunch boxes where they kept at a suitable temperature the food that a smiling nice lady that comes to the offices on a daily basis sells prepared lunch for some employees charging them a fairly reasonable fee. The food lady always tried to avoid ingredients that were alive, with no respect for gravity and above all food that had a reason to exist beyond being eaten; their customers were always grateful when she included that little sweet treat as an extra dessert.


While Memo and Oficio opened their food containers taking out their lunch they keep watching the metal cube without finding any function or anything to indicate to them what they had to do with it until suddenly Oficio noted that Memo left abruptly his plastic cutlery on the table and started having a strange reaction just like when someone tastes something sour but tasty, he took a napkin covering his nose and sneezed so awkward that some of the nearby bureaucrats turned and noted that it was Memo the cause of the strange noise and reacting automatically by making an expression of "had to be Memo." But that wasn't a regular snooze, it was the way Memo’s body pulled out from his system the waste information from the patch, Oficio expected a similar reaction and to prevent that he took his fabric handkerchief but as he unfolded it he had a cramp and put a " this can't be happening to me at the Agency lunch room where everyone is watching us and surely if I don’t want to expel a rather noisy gas which I hope is just gas, because the last time it happened to me it was in my early years at school in front of all the class and I had to live with a gross nickname for most of the after years and subsequent degrees so I needed to figure something out to replace that nickname but I figure the answer several years after and it was too late because I graduated and went to college to pursue superior studies of Planetary Documentation Management and the people who nicknamed me did not attend the same college and now I hope that it won’t happen something similar today in the lunch room" kind of look.

To his surprise Oficio expelled only one small burb, which was muted by the cry of a tentacle that was avoiding being baked with an Ultrawave Oven to be transfigured into Rombian Sushi; our agents acted like nothing happened looking at each other totally amazed because all the info was downloaded into their brains realizing so many things so they hastily stored their food for later because the main objective of the mission demanded that they started immediately searching for the Beginning of Times.



© 2016 Leo Bojalil


Author's Note

Leo Bojalil
© Copyright 2016 - All work is property of León Felipe Gual Bojalil, any duplication or reproduction of all or part of the work without explicit permission by the author is illegal.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on June 17, 2016
Last Updated on June 17, 2016
Tags: Sci-fi, space opera, space travel, funny, irreverent, fantasy, Artificial Intelligence, Gods, Universe, Time


Author

Leo Bojalil
Leo Bojalil

Montreal, Quebec, Canada



About
Human according to science but I have my doubts!! Up today a Freak all the way from my mind to possibly my soul. Illustrator and Dream Writer always manipulated by my inner monster who live betwee.. more..

Writing
Chapter Zero Chapter Zero

A Chapter by Leo Bojalil


Chapter 01 Chapter 01

A Chapter by Leo Bojalil


Chapter 02 Chapter 02

A Chapter by Leo Bojalil