Chapter 1- Millenium

Chapter 1- Millenium

A Chapter by Nen Dellera


A small rumbling sound resonated in Emerald Forest near Scinan City, Aerotora Kingdom.


Inside the forest, three men were making their way towards well-built horses.


Behind them was a staircase leading down to a pit of pitch darkness. Two slabs of earth were covering it creating the reverberating sound.


Once the men reached their steeds, there was no trace of the secret staircase that lay beneath.


One sat on top of a white horse, the other on a brown one, and third one settled on a black horse.


An air of nobility surrounded the later, but his companions acted familiar with him.


“Lyon, I’m starting to think that the prophecy is a load of bullshit,” the one on the white horse, Ren said.


                        They set their horses into a semi-fast trot, eager to leave the forest.


“Yeah,” said the man on the brown horse, Steven, “It’s been millennium already.”


“Don’t speak so light about King Aaron’s prophecy, Steven, Ren. His ability of foresight was a reason why he united all four lands into one monarch ruled by him,” Lyon said.


“The Monarchy that crumbled all because he didn’t choose an heir,” Steven scoffed.


“What is your problem with dead people?!” Ren yelled, “You always talk like that about them, including my late mother. Which also happens to be your Aunt?”


Steven just shrugged, causing Ren to fume even more.


Lyon Stealsan couldn’t hold back his laugh from watching his two clansmen.


His laughter was short lived though, when his Portable Communicator and Entertainer rang.


He took out a rectangular see-through device, all the while taking a firm grip on the reins.


The name ROBERT was glowing on it, so he pressed on the screen with his thumb.


He brought it up to his ear, and was about to speak when the voice from the other line beat him to it.


“Milord, please be at the household now,” the head butler of the Stealsan Household said.


“Lady Kyla is in labor!” he said.


When Lyon heard this, a sense of anxiety and excitement coursed through him. He placed his PCE back in his pocket and held the reins even tighter, if possible.


He leaned forward and spurred his horse to move in a pace that caused a minor disturbance in the air.


He passed by his companions, leaving a gust of wind behind that confused them both.


“My child will be coming at last!” he yelled over his shoulder, with extreme happiness showing though his eyes.


The eyes of the pair widened and they couldn’t stop their grins from reaching their ears.


Soon, they also left behind a gust of wind, while running after their beloved cousin and leader.


            When Lyon reached the Stealsan Compound, he jumped off his horse. He could care less if it stopped at all.


Lucky for him, one of the clansmen got to the horse before it crashed into a couple of houses.


Lyon ran through the cobblestone courtyard and to the only mansion in the compound.


The Stealsan Clan’s main household loomed ahead. It was a two-storey tall building, with large glass windows, pillars. The outer walls had engravings that hid many meanings.


He burst through the entrance, and made his way up the grand staircase. He climbed up it and dashed through the halls to the master’s bedroom.


A couple of maids let out a quiet shriek when they saw their master pass in almost a blur. He slowed down once he reached his destination, and spotted a man, his age, in a butler suit.


He could see a mix of anxiety and excitement in his brown orbs, the same as his.


He paced in front of the bedroom door while running his hand through his disheveled hair.


“Robert, how is she?” Lyon asked him. Right after that, a shrill scream came from the other side of the door.


He immediately passed by Robert and entered the room. He shut the door at the other man’s face, without the intention of doing so on purpose.


He wasted no time in running to his beloved wife, lying on the king-sized bed.


Taking her hand just before she screamed again, he tightened his hold. He earned the same thing in return from her.


“I’m here now,” he said as he gripped her hand back. “Push a little more, Lady Kyla,” the midwife said.


Kyla’s face contorted in pain as she tried to stop herself from screaming, but failing miserably. Lyon stood there all through it, holding her hand.  Sweat poured out of him in bullets because of anxiousness.


Kyla kept screaming at the top of her lungs, as she the pain from the contractions gripped her. Veins popped out from her neck every time she cried out.


Lyon stood there flinching every now and then, as if feeling some of his wife’s pain. He cursed anything he could when Kyla let out bloodcurdling screams.


He cursed someone’s mother, uncle, their horses, dogs, as in anything. Kyla and the women helping her give birth would have ended up laughing if the situation was different.


Hours passed, with the people outside the bedroom pacing tirelessly with nervous expressions. Some had the urge wreck something.


But, when the screams of the Lady of the household stopped, they also fell quiet.


Kyla lay there panting, just as they heard a shrill cry of an infant. Lyon turned his head to the midwife, who was carrying his child wrapped in clean white blankets.


He approached, but the old lady who named Marcy, gave him a stern look, making him pause.


“The mother first,” she said and passed by him. She disregarded the fact that he was the lord of mansion without hesitation.


He sighed and groaned in a silent manner. He looked like a child that had his candy stolen, which was quite comical seeing it on a well respected man like him.


He saw Marcy lean down towards his wife and showed her their child. “It’s a boy,” the midwife said.


The lady of the house let out a sigh of happiness as she stared at the crying little one in front of her.


Marcy straightened and turned to Lyon, her features softening. He immediately went towards her and took his son from her, being careful not to let the infant fall out of his hold.


The newborn had stopped crying when he was in his father’s arms. “Haha…you like me already, don’t you little buddy?” Lyon said as he held back the tears of joy in his eyes.


He walked up to his wife and sat on the edge of the four-post bed. He freed one of his hands and held one of hers in his once again.


“Thank you….” He whispered. Tired from what had happened to her, Kyla smiled at him as she gripped his hand.


Ren and Steven burst through the doors, ruining their little moment.


Marcy threw them a bone-chilling glare, but she wasn't given a single glance. Robert followed behind them with a look of excitement on his face.


“Where’s the baby?” Steven yelled, as he made little hops like a child. The old midwife shushed him before he could even finish his question.


“He is sleeping,” she hissed between her teeth. She was trying to stop herself from yelling at him.


Steven only managed to give her a sheepish smile as an apology.


             Ren was already leaning his face down towards the baby boy. “What are you going to call him?” he asked as he smiled at the newborn heir.


Husband and wife shared a look before they smiled. “We’ll call him Kylon,” Kyla said. It was obvious where his name came from.


“Oh…Master Kylon…I like the sound of that,” Robert spoke with a smile. “Me too…!” Steven yelled, causing everybody to shush him again.


It was too late though. Kylon cried out at the sound of his blaring voice.


Seeing that his little boy had awaked from his sleep, Lyon sent Steven a dark glare.


He turned back to the infant in his arms and his eyes widened by a couple of fractions. His dark purple orbs filled with surprise and awe.


Kylon had already opened his eyes, while most newborns aren’t able to do so. But, what were even more surprising was the color his son’s eyes.


The others in the room noticed the audible shock on him so they leaned in to look. A chorus of gasps came from the women, while the men had their jaws dropped open.


Kylon’s eyes were the color of gold, and they gave off a slight glow. “The prophecy….” Steven trailed off. “Is real,” Ren finished.


Kylon blinked and the next moment, the pair of orbs became the color of amethyst. It was a purple that was a couple of shades brighter than Lyon’s.


His eyes dropped from sleepiness, before he closed them again letting out soft snores. He was still innocent of what future, will be install for him.


Ren and Steven began pacing around the room, panicking. Kyla had somehow fallen asleep from tiredness and also from the shocking revelation.


“Oh god…oh god….” Steven muttered, while Ren was muttering incoherent words under his breath.


“Oh God….!” The both of them said together, as if their vocabularies had packed their bags and left their brains.


“Quiet down you two,” Lyon ordered. The both of them paused on the spot and stood straight at the sound of his demanding voice.


“Lord Lyon, he is one of the Destineds in the prophecy! Freaking golden eyes! Just like our clan’s founder, Keigo” Steven said.


“I know,” Lyon stated, figuring it would be best to stay calm.


“We were just talking about it being real or not and now…guh!” Ren said.


“Tell the Reigen Clan about this,” Lyon ordered. Robert bowed and went to fulfill the order.


 “What are we going to do now? And how come you’re so calm about this?” Ren said.


“All our lives we were also prepared to be ready for this,” Lyon said.


            “And right now, the only thing we can do is train him. Raise him in the arts of combat to prepare him for the future that lies install for him. There’s no use acting the same way as the both of you.”


Contrary to his statements, he was anxious―for the lack of better word for it.


Of all the heirs of the clan that came before and will come, why his son? He didn’t like it and was―damn he still couldn’t find the right word.


If the other Destineds are already born, he is sure that their parents are also thinking of the same thing.


He sighed and forced himself to stop thinking about it. I can’t do anything about that now, he thought as he caressed his son’s cheek in a loving manner. He’ll do what he can to help him.


What he wasn’t aware of, was the fact that he won’t be able to do much at all, neither the other members of his clan.




© 2016 Nen Dellera


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I do not know if you have ever seen the Netflix original Sense8, but I am definitely getting those vibes from this story. I wonder if all the Destineds will be born on the same day? Will they all be male or will some be female?

I did think the birthing scene of Kylon was a bit rushed and lacked emotional depth from the mother.

I also felt you missed an opportunity to explain a little bit further about Kylon's role in the prophecy. Does the amethyst eyed boy have a specific task to carry out? I was a little bit confused about his eye color too. Ren and Steven seemed to think his eyes were gold.

Anyway, I enjoyed this installment to your story. I hoped my notes were helpful and I also hope you'll check out my own kingdom story and tell me what you think! I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I do not know if you have ever seen the Netflix original Sense8, but I am definitely getting those vibes from this story. I wonder if all the Destineds will be born on the same day? Will they all be male or will some be female?

I did think the birthing scene of Kylon was a bit rushed and lacked emotional depth from the mother.

I also felt you missed an opportunity to explain a little bit further about Kylon's role in the prophecy. Does the amethyst eyed boy have a specific task to carry out? I was a little bit confused about his eye color too. Ren and Steven seemed to think his eyes were gold.

Anyway, I enjoyed this installment to your story. I hoped my notes were helpful and I also hope you'll check out my own kingdom story and tell me what you think! I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 29, 2016
Last Updated on April 3, 2016
Tags: 1000, horses, clan, gold, eyes, purple, tired butlers


Author

Nen Dellera
Nen Dellera

Tacloban, 8, Philippines



About
I like to read and write fantasy stories. At first I hated writing, but once I got shoved into a journalism class, I began to develop my love for it, and wrote my first story when I was 13. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Nen Dellera