Firelight Breather

Firelight Breather

A Story by Leticia
"

A woman that is the last remaining firelight breather and is running away from a man that is consider to be the most powerful because he wants to use her powers.

"

I twisted my hair into a ponytail, tucking it under my cap and lowering the brim. Then I took a final look around the room full of strangers, wondering which of them would help me escape, and which would try to kill me.

It had not been easy the last couple of weeks train to stay hidden from the Enemy of Old. I had no power at the moment I had been partially drained when they had capture me and the rest of my power was exhausted after my escape.

The only thing that I look forward at the moment was the hope of finding somebody in this hell hole of a place that would help me without caring about the danger. I had covered my appearance over the weeks in order to earn money, but whenever I worked with in two days they had found me and I had to run once again.  

Over the weeks I had heard of a man that would be able to help me if I had the right funds available to get him to cooperate with my request. I asked were to find him, once they had given me the address where I could find him I headed in search of him. The place I ended up in was an old bar that had seen better days.

I finally found him the man that had been described to me. I had to be careful though because one false move and I could end up back in the hands of the Enemy of Old. I moved to the bar and looked at his table observing to see if there was anybody that look suspicious or out of character.

Ten minutes had gone by and I had not seen anybody near his table I made my way over to him, but as I was nearing his table the front door of the tavern swung open and in came walking army men from the Enemy of Old. I grabbed a full beer glass taking it to the man sitting in the table and left a note saying, “This is from my master.” I boded my head and walked away toward the dark shadows that surrounded the back of the bar.

From the corner of my eye I saw the man retrieve the paper and read it. After he was done he put it to the burning candle in the center of the table and let the fire consume it. As I stood there praying and hoping that the henchmen would not notice me, I saw them walking over to the table of the man that I was hoping would be able to help me.

“What are you doing here Demon?” One of the henchmen, asked as he sat down across from Demon. I was just hoping that he would help me instead of turning me over to the Enemy of Old. There was a nice big reward for me to whoever turned me in, so much that they wouldn’t suffer or need for the remaining of their life.

“Oh you know, Trent just train to fine a living.” Demon my possible rescuer said as smirk came over his face.

“You know how he feels about you been in his domain.” Trent said looking around the bar. I tried to move closer to the dark shadows were I was hiding.  Trent had been fallowing since I escape from them and every time they found me they got a bit closer to capturing me.

“I know, but given the fact that I don’t care and the whispers that he is looking for someone that would ruin his planes. Just sparked my interest to meet said person in person.” Demon said the smirk still on his face.

“Don’t even think about it Demon,” Trent said pause with a thoughtful look on his face clenching his mouth he continued, “This time he won’t be so lenient with you.”

Demon’s smile banished from his face as he stair at Trent anger radiating from his eyes, “Don’t worry this time he wouldn’t even have the chance to come near me.” 

Demon got up from his chair and headed toward the exit. I follow behind him making sure to keep to the shadows so that Trent or any of his henchmen friends would spot me. As I fallow Demon he turned into the ally and I turned to follow him, but as I turned the corner he was not there anymore. I looked around train to see if I could see him but as I was looking around I was pulled and pin into the wall by something or someone stronger than me. As I looked up Demon’s face came into focus.

“Who are you and what do you want?” Demon said looking at me in the eyes.

“I came on behalf of my master as I told you before.” I said train to keep my voice come.

“Your master sends a girl to this kind of place.” Demon said motioning with his head to the bar and around the dark ally.

“I can take care of myself.” I said looking him in the eyes challenging him to say the contrary.

“Uhh,” Demon said moving away from me and turning away from me for a minute before turning back to me, “So, who is your master and what does he want?”

“I cannot tell you but I can tell you that it is important that you assist her it would benefit you greatly.” I said train to keep my hair covered. One of my most noticeable factors was my hair because of its red highlights that glowed due to my powers.

“I already have enough wealth of my own I don’t need your masters money and I seriously doubt that your master would be able to afford my serves.” He said as he came closer to me and then pulls away once again.

“My master could afford your services and anybody else for that matter.” I said striating out my shoulders.

“If that is true then why is he looking for me? He could hire any other missionary out there.” He said turning to look around the alley.

“Fine, think about it as a service to protect the world and everybody in it.” I said starting to get frustrated by him putting me off. I really didn’t have this kind of time I need to get out of this place as soon as possible before the Enemy of Old got a hold of me and takes what is left of my powers from me.

“And why would I want to help the world?” Demon said looking at me with a board expression on his fame. “It has never done anything for me.”

“If not for the innocent people that would get slaughter for the power that the Enemy of Old would take from my master then think about this, by helping my master you will also be ruining the plans of the one that you most hate.” I said smiling at him hoping that I was right and he did hate the Enemy of Old.

Shock came over his face, but he recovered his composure quickly he said, “Is your master the one that the Enemy of Old is looking for.”

“Yes, she is willing to pay a good amount if you can help her escape.” I said looking at him seriously know.

“Is your master Luna the last firelight breather?” Demon asked looking thoughtful. You could see the wheels turning in his mind.

I didn’t know what to say, how had he figure it out. I had made sure to cover any indicator that would give me away. I was looking at him in confusion and fear when a loud noise was heard from behind us, it was Trent coming toward us. They had found me; I had run out of time again I need to escape but I had a feeling that this time if I had to fight I was not going to life for much longer.

“Luna stop,” I looked back at Demon and shock my head.   

I had found something that I might be able to use as an escape and was heading toward it when Demon’s hand grabbed mine; I looked down where he had a hold of my wrist and then back up at his face, “What are you doing? I have to leave.” I said looking back at the trio as they were getting closer.

“No, no more running Luna.” Demon said looking serious.

“Yeah, that would be great to stop running for my life and getting to relax but there is a problem with that.” I said looking at him and then back at the trio, “There are people after me and to top it off they made me so weak when they took part of my power and I was only operating on half of my power at the time of my escape. After that I exhausted my powers escaping from them every time they would get closer.  

“If that is all that is keeping you running, I could fix that.” Demon said giving me a small smile as he took out a needle from his pocket and took a hold on my shoulder as he stabbed me on the hearth.

He was still holding me when my hearth started to burn, “What did you just give me?” I asked looking amaze and shock at him while holding my hearth as the pain and heat burned through my body.

“It will give you back your powers.” Demon said smiling.

As the pain radiated through my body I double over feeling all of my powers coming back to me. “Boy’s I would run if I were you.” I heard Demon say as he stood next to me. The pain had left my body as fast it had started.  I straighten out and open my eyes to see the three man that had caused me so much grieve over the past weeks.

“Boys I am back.” I said smiling as I felt my power coming to the tips of my hands waiting for me to use. I took off my hat that had been hiding my hair and you could see the radiant red that now mixed with my black hair.

“What the hell have you done Demon?” Trent said as he looked at me and the power that was coming out of my fingertips.

I count believe that I finally had my powers back. I could feel them true out my whole body, for a while I thought that I wouldn’t be able to feel this way again whole and complete. My powers were not just a thing that I control; they were a part of me that without them I am not able to live.

“What needs to be done, it is time that the Enemy of Old felt some of the pain that he distribute to others and this little girl here that you all fear is the perfect method to accomplish that.” I had been so concentrated on the fact that I want to destroy those that had hurt me and feeling of my power blending with me once again that I had not been focusing on Demon who had move a few steps away and back from me.

“Hey, I am not a girl I am women, if you haven’t notice.” I said sending Demon a glance before turning back toward Trent. “Don’t worry so much Trent I am not going to kill you, although I probably should considering that you are one of the reason I am in this position to being with.”

I started to move toward him, manifesting my powers into small balls of fire that I held in each of my palms. I gave him a smile as I came closer to him and let the small ball of fire from my right hand go out and touched his check. I could feel Trent tremble from my touch. At one point Trent had been my only friend, we had grown up. We were both orphans living in the same home when our parents die. “I will spear your life, only this once because of what you used to mean to me, but let me make this clear.” I said moving my hand away from him, creating the small ball of fire once again on my right hand and throwing it at the two man standing behind him. The fire surrounded their feet but it didn’t do any more than that. “If you ever come after me again I will make sure that you die painfully.”

The two others gulped as the fire started to close in on them. One of them let out a scream that made Trent look back at them and notice for the first time that the fire surrounded them. “Luna, stop it. They have done nothing wrong but fallow order to come after you they don’t deserve this.”

I started to laugh hard at his statement once I got my laughter under control I looked at him, “So what? Did I deserved everything that you let the Enemy of Old do to me, as he torture me and took my power?” I shook my head. “I don’t think so Trent but don’t worry I won’t kill them. I will just leave them a little reminder of what will happen to them if they ever do decide to fallow me again.” I commanded my fire to lase along their arms and burned into them a dragon. They were not able to handle the pain from the burn and collapse behind Trent. “Now is your turn.” I commanded my fire and made it twist around his waist all the way up to his throat. At first I had made it so that he would not be able to feel the pain from the fire touching his skin but once I knew that the pain had been intensified I let the shield drooped and let him feel all the pain. He let out a scream and doubles over from the intensity of the pain that had consumed him all at once.

I had forgotten all about Demon until he came over as I was standing over Trent’s body. “Nice work.” He was looking at the impression of the dragon that I had left on his body.

I just shrug my shoulders and went back to pick up my hat. It had fallen from my head when my powers had double me over when they returned to me. After picking it up and looking over a Demon I notice that he had been kneeling down close to Trent. Trent’s lips move but I couldn’t hear what he had said. I was about to confront Demon about it when I suddenly felt dizzy. “What the hell?” I said as the world stated to darken around me and the last image that I saw was Demon’s arms coming around me.

 

 

© 2015 Leticia


Author's Note

Leticia
I want to know if the story has a good flow to it. Also I am concerned that their is no distinction between the characters. That the story is just going in circles and is not making any sense.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
Added on May 27, 2013
Last Updated on January 5, 2015
Tags: fiction, advanture, powers

Author

Leticia
Leticia

CA



About
I come from a big family were i am the oldest out of three brothers and a sister. I lived in Mexico as well as in California, the experience between the two cultures which i believe bring a different .. more..

Writing
A Shadow A Shadow

A Poem by Leticia


Forgiven Forgiven

A Poem by Leticia