Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Leticia
"

Goddess, please keep them safe…

"

"Ricardo we need to protect our girls,” said Rosa Luna a petite woman that was not only a mother but a powerful witch. She looked at the remains of the car parts that were scattered across the dark street, as the crushed car stood alone. The front bent out of shape and the doors sunken in. The street had become isolated as they drove thru the streets trying to escape one of Voca’s men. Their daughters had been taken away by their family to keep them protected. They hoped that another car accident wouldn’t get much notice in a city as big as Los Angeles.

Voca is an ancient and powerful vampire demon that arrived many centuries ago. Nobody knew how he came to be but one thing is for sure he was rescued by Alonso Luna the head of the Luna family. Voca became a member of the family as the centuries went by. Nobody really knew how Voca became this vicious creature that craved blood and power, but there were many rumors. The most famous of those rumors was one that told the story of how Voca had fallen for a human woman named Gabriela Cervantes. Gabriela was the sister of Mercedes Cervantes who was married to Porfirio Luna, Alonso’s son and Ricardo’s father. They say that Gabriela captured the attention of a powerful man that took whatever he wanted with no respect for others. This man took Gabriela from her home and in her struggle to escape, she ended up dead. The rumor tells that Voca became crazy and killed all the humans that had to do with her death but that he took tremendous pleasure torturing and killing the man that had taken Gabriela.

"We will honey." Ricardo Luna said going over to his wife. A five foot eight warrior with broad shoulders and a well-built body that fights not only for his family but also for those that cannot defend themselves. This attack had been the strongest that Voca had sent after Ricardo’s family. The Luna’s had received information thru Alexander Belmonte the organizer of the battle against Voca. He had a spy in Voca’s ranks and three days ago Alexander had gone over to Ricardo’s home to warn him of the threat against his family. The spy said that Voca had kidnapped a seer and was holding her captive by threatening to kill the seer’s family if she didn’t answer his questions to his satisfaction. The seer had seen that the descendant of Alonso Luna would be the end of Voca’s power. At learning this Voca sent out his man to destroy not only the Luna’s but the allies that would come to their defense as well. Rosa’s light brown hair rested on her husband’s chest when she asked, "Do you think our daughters will be able to live normal lives?" She cuddled as close as she could to get some comfort out of the situation.

"Yes. Do you know why?" Ricardo asked as he look down at his wife, "Because they have us, and the rest of our family supporting and guiding them.” He remained silent, contemplating the disaster that their lives would have been if he had not reacted fast enough.

Rosa smiled up at him, pulled him into a hug and they started to vanish as the afternoon sun started to set. They arrived in the living room of their home. Their girls were scattered around the living room as they looked over the wounds that they had received. Rosa had called Enrique, Rodrigo’s younger brother, to help in getting the girls back home and away from the wreck and any further attempts that Voca might have planned.

“How are they doing?” Ricardo asked, as he pulled his brother to the side.

“They are fine their wounds are healing fast but they are a little overwhelmed.” Enrique said looking back at his nieces huddled around Rosa as she hugged them.

Ricardo looking at his family knowing that the peace that they once had was now gone looking back at his brother Ricardo said, “We have a plan that will keep the girls protected so that we could deal with Voca without getting the girls involve.”

“You know I will do anything to help you protect them.” Enrique said putting a comforting hand on his brother’s shoulder.

“I know.” Ricardo said patting his brothers back. Rosa has a spell that will allow us to cover the girl’s powers. We are going to take them to those caves that we found when we were younger. They are secluded and mostly unexplored.”

“When are you going to do this?” Enrique asked.

“We will do it tonight.” Ricardo said, “Hopefully we will be able to get Voca’s attack under control and they will be back with us soon.” Ricardo looked back at his family knowing that their lives were never going to be the same.

 

 

Three years have passed since the day the Luna’s were attacked. Rosa and Ricardo had made the decision to fight to keep their girls protected. They had suspended their daughter in time. Ricardo’s plan had involved a spell that had been thought lost to the world. The suspended animation spell has great potential to work for either good or evil. Many centuries ago the spell was entrusted into a poor and humble witch family by the Goddess herself. The family that was entrusted with the spell was underestimated by the evil that came after them. The family escaped, taking a different surname and building their families power and guarding their treasure. The family now known as the White family were the ones entrusted with the spell and it has been thought to the three most powerful witches in each generation of the family.

"It's time to wake our girls up." Rosa said. They walk thru the unexplored Boyden Caverns in Kings Canyon were their daughter awaited them in their crystal beds.

Rodrigo had found the hidden chamber in his youth, it was one of the most secure places that he knew about. There was only one other person that knew about the caves and that was Enrique. They both had hidden treasures in these cave chambers and they both would die before telling anybody about them.

The chamber that held their sleeping daughters was protected by charms and spells to keep anybody that could wonder to close to the resting girls. As she looked at her daughters laid out, and sleeping in their crystal beds she could see the layers of dust to the once see thru crystal.

Ricardo and Rosa created the crystals they had placed them in the shaped of a five pointed star with one of the crystals in the middle. Rosa did this in order to give the spell protecting the cave a boost to keep them strong and unbreakable.

Alina, the oldest daughter, is at the tip of the star one day she would lead and guide her family. Sophia, the second daughter, at her right with her intelligence and quickness to understand a situation keeps her alert. Susana is laid to the left, her ability to see the failure of any decision minimizes the risk of making a terrible decision. Then their twins Veronica and Gerry that were identical but unique in their own ways. Their friendly and quickens in making friends provided a great source of information for any situation. Then at the center you have Kataline the baby of the family whose innocence and trustfulness allure people to want to protect her and keep her safe.

Rosa moved towards the crystal bed were her baby girl rested and cleaned the top to take a look at her,, “Sorry, it took us so long to get back to you, but Voca’s attacks increased after we hid you.”

Ricardo wiped the top off Alina’s crystal bed, “We promise we would protect you and we have. You and your sisters are our treasures and the embodiment of the love that your mother and I have for each other.” Ricardo said looking at the innocence that lay upon his daughters face. He wonder now if they had made a mistake in making their daughters sleep and hiding them instead of teaching them and preparing them with the knowledge that they would need to survive the war that had broken out. Ricardo looked up from his daughter to his wife, "They have been sleeping far longer than we anticipated.”

Ricardo motioned Rosa to do the reverse spell. Rosa stood in between Veronica’s and Gerry’s, "It is time to wake from your sleep that protected you from our enemies reach. Now it is time to rise and follow your path, fulfilling your destiny." Once the last word was spoken they were expecting something, anything to happen but there was no movement.

Ricardo became alert as he felt a change in the flow of the chamber of the cave. Nobody outside the family was supposed to know about the cave. Ricardo position himself ready to attack anybody that would threaten his family. Rosa at noticing Ricardo’s pose position herself in front of her still sleeping daughters.

The person appeared, it was Luis Melenza a friend of the family with black hair and piercing dark brown eyes. Luis is a guardian that protects one of the most ancient powers that exist in the world.

After recognizing that it was Luis who had appeared Ricardo relaxed somewhat knowing that Luis was not a danger to his family, “What are you doing here Luis? Has something happened?" Ricardo asked.

"Nothing has happened, just came to see the process being done." Luis said looking around the cave chamber his eyes settling on Alina Luna. A girl that will become a great women and halfling.

Rosa moved from her daughters to stand next to her husband, "I already said the incantation but they haven’t woken up yet." Rosa said with worry in her voice and fear in her eyes.

"The girls will be fine but their powers need to sleep until they have grown stronger to the point that they can master them without your guidance." Luis said, looking at both of them. 

"If we did that, when their powers returned they would not be prepared to handle them.  That can be more dangerous than to let them keep their powers," Rosa said because she knew that a witch who did not know how her powers work and how to control them is a dead witch.

"Their powers don't have to be submerged all the way, just enough that they are not noticeable and that Voca will not be after them." Luis said. "I will be going now, the time will come when we will meet again." He bow in the direction of Alina and disappeared.

Luis disappeared and Ricardo turned back to his wife. "What do you think?" he asked.

Rosa looked from her husband to her daughters and then back at her husband. "I will create a potion that will hide their powers, but not completely, just enough so that they will be able to practice and strengthen their powers before they come into full blossom." Rosa responded.

"As soon as the girls are fully awake we will leave. The house ready and I told Enrique to call if he needs anything." Rosa nodded and started to get everything ready. At the corner of the cave where the crystal beds were kept, there was a small cauldron and a table shape rock with ingredients spread out on it. Rosa looked at the pit where the cauldron was sitting and the fire ignited. As the water began to boil Rosa commenced to add ingredients to create the potion that they would need to block the girl’s powers.

The first one to awaken was Alina. She look around confused. As she spotted her dad she asked, "What’s going on dad? What is this place?"

"What do you remember, honey?" Ricardo asked her as he helped her sit up.

“That we were at home, but…” Alina’s eyes began to wonder around the chamber that had been her home for the past three years. “Daddy, where are we?” Alina asked as Ricardo pulled her out of the bed and into his arms for a hug.

"Don't worry honey, you were just asleep now drink this and you will feel much better." Rosa said, coming up behind them and handing Alina the potion she had created. The rest of the girls started to awaken. Ricardo went to each of his daughter and helped them sit up on their crystal beds. As he sat them up he gave each a hug. Rosa was behind him giving them each piece of the potion to drink as she smoothed out their hair.

“Mom, what is going on?” Alina asked after settling down and taking in her surroundings.

“We…” Rosa was about to answer when an explosion shook the entire cave, the entrance busted open and dirt and rocks flew all over the cave. Alina, Sophia, Susana, Gerry and Veronica went flying towards the wall from the blast. Kataline had fallen to the ground and was laying down next to her resting place. Ricardo stood from the spot where he had landed to protect his family and headed toward the opening where the explosion had come from. As he was moving forward, he called out back to Rosa, “Get them out of here while I hold them off!”

Rosa got up and headed to her daughters, but as she was helping Veronica up another explosion occurred, sending them all back to the ground. As pieces of dirt and rock started to fall on them Rosa’s last thoughts were for her daughters: Goddess, please keep them safe…



© 2015 Leticia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love it

Posted 10 Years Ago


The story is really interesting kept me interested thru out the whole thing. The cliff hanger is also really good can not wait to read more. :D

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

624 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 8 Libraries
Added on May 30, 2013
Last Updated on June 29, 2015
Tags: roman, family, love, fiction, supernatural, adventure


Author

Leticia
Leticia

CA



About
I come from a big family were i am the oldest out of three brothers and a sister. I lived in Mexico as well as in California, the experience between the two cultures which i believe bring a different .. more..

Writing
A Shadow A Shadow

A Poem by Leticia


Forgiven Forgiven

A Poem by Leticia